Categories > Original > Horror > Blood Never Tasted So Sour

Chapter One

by Xattack_on_fandomx 0 reviews

Dan's POV a little introduction about the leading character

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2014-12-23 - 876 words

0Unrated
Ever since I was a child everyone would see me as a freak. Everyone knew what happened when I was a baby my mother came into our home a slaughtered my father and step mother. Everyone would say that because I'm so quiet I probably have psychotic thoughts like her. I don't have much memory of my mother...well I was only just a baby really but I kept one thing. A necklace which I would always wear around my neck. It has a black thin rope which would wrap around my neck with a wooden shaped stake as the pendant of the necklace. My mother used to wear it from which I've seen in old photos of her. Wearing this brought me closer to her.

Oh sorry.....let me explain who I am my name is Daniel but I prefer to be called Dan. I'm 17 years old and I live in a children's home since I've got no family my father is dead and my mother is in a psychiatric unit.
As time has gone on blood sucking creatures called vampires have took over but they only come out at night. Every child at the age of thirteen gets the option if they want to train to become a vampire hunter which is what I'm doing right now.
I wanted to become a vampire hunter I respected them so much. There brave, they protect our town and they get incredibly close to vampires.

Vampires don't scare me they interest me more. I wanted to learn about them more such as how do you become one?, can you walk in the sun? And a theory that interests me the most....are all vampires evil?. I don't believe that all vampires are evil I think that there is some good to them and it's the blood lust that takes over.
----------------------------
"HARDER PUNCH IT HARDER!" Shouted one of the trainers at me holding two pads for me to attack. I had been training for this since I was thirteen. It was something I was very passionate about.

"ok Dan let's try without the pads" he said to me dropping the pads as I got myself into fighting stance. Legs spread apart and my fists up close to my face to protect my face.
"Ready kid?" He asked which I responded nodding my head.
He's swung his first punch which I quickly blocked. He went to swing again which I blocked again but this time I grabbed his arm too and swung my right leg to kick him below the ribcage in which he fell to the floor. I quickly straddled him and held him in a lock which caused him to start tapping on the floor with his hand for me to stop.

I finally let go and I helped him up. "Well done your making great progress Dan, Jayden has actually taken an interest with you" he told me which left me surprised. I turned my head to see him looking from across the room watching me.

Now your all probably wondering who Jayden is. Well his full name is Jayden Parker. He's the best of all the hunters there is, he was incredibly strong and talented, he was quite young probably late twenties early thirties and by looking at him you could tell he was very muscle toned, he had slight stubble on his face and had neatly groomed hair. He was the person that everyone wanted to be like and that everyone respected......including me.
I stopped to stare at him for a while in which he looked at me back with a smirk on his face. He must be proud of me I guess. My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by someone grabbing me.

"Hey freak!" Said a familiar voice. It was the biggest bully people knew Aiden Wilkams. He would constantly bully me mainly because of my mother and what she did. He pushed me to the floor and everyone started to crowd around to watch what was about to happen. I quickly got up but he pushed me back down onto the floor and started to laugh.
"Go on aren't you going to stab me?...gut me like a fish like your mother did little pathetic shit!" He hissed at me and spat in my face. I quickly got up but he didn't do anything he just stopped to look at me. "Oh what's that? Your mommy's necklace?" He said in a baby voice as he noticed the necklace around my neck.

I don't know what it was but I didn't want anyone touching the necklace. As soon as he reached out to grab it I screamed.

Everyone froze in shock as I screamed at the top of my lungs and the lights began to flicker. I felt this sudden rage inside me and punched him knocking him to the floor. He just froze in shock he didn't even respond to my punch apart from falling to the floor and his nose beginning to bleed.

"Ok break it up" said a deep voice I looked to see Jayden Parker grab my arms pulling me away from the scene. I slightly turned my head back to look at everyone just frozen in shock.
Sign up to rate and review this story