Categories > Anime/Manga > Attack on Titan > A Song Bird's Wings of Freedom

Chapter 8: The Fall of Wall Rose

by PetraRivaille 0 reviews

Levi and Hanji discover the Female Titan's human identity.

Category: Attack on Titan - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2015-01-31 - 5717 words - Complete

-1OOC
Levi
A year ago after Petra’s bloody death, the last of my friends wanted to have a proper funeral, a proper goodbye, for our fallen comrades. I laid in my bed in the dark, alone, when there was a knock on the door. I ignored it, but soon another knock came and finally the door nervously opened. A brown haired man popped his head inside of my room, and we locked eyes. He came inside once he saw me and laid a yellow, crumpled paper beside my head on my pillow, and then he left without a word. For a moment, I did not care to look at the paper, but I soon did. I held the dry paper in my cracked hands, and I looked upon Petra’s sweet face; it was a drawing of her so life like I felt like I would hear her bubbling laughter at any moment. Her pale pink lips were held up in a smile that set her dimples deep in to her round cheeks, and her green eyes almost seemed to glint with the warmth of a sun I could not see or feel. I held the picture to my heart and felt it slowly begin to crack and break.
Three days later, the man came back for the picture, and he took it from my hands as I laid in my bed, our eyes locked together til he left the room. Later that day, Erwin came to my room and begged me to come to the funeral, to come to Petra’s funeral. But I stayed in my cold, dark room in the bulwark, even though all of my friends went and they begged me to go with, especially because of the relationship between me and the red-haired woman, but I refused to go. They wanted me to speak to her mourners, to say my final good bye to her lifeless face and dead meadow green eyes, but that was a final hell I could not drag the courage out of my heart to go through. The day of her funeral, I lied on my bed in the dark, barely a breath to escape my chapped lips.
Three days ago, I held lifeless Rosaline in my arms.
Three days ago, Hanji realized our baby never tasted the first breath of her new life.
The cool autumn morning was dark, and only the breath of the icy winter wind sounded through the silence of the grey meadow, the whispering flowers dotting the tall, dewy grasses asleep with their fragrant petals closed to the black sky. The colorless moon kissed the far side of the black horizon, and stars still twinkled above our bowed heads even as the hidden rising sun made the eastern sky fade from black to deep purple.
I shivered softly from the cold wind, and I entwined my arm with Hanji’s, resting my head on her shoulder. Her body was still as stone as she cradled the light wood of the engraved box in her arms. Blooming primroses and their small leaves and thorns were cut in to the box, and, on the top, Rosaline’s name was carved in to it with elegant, flowing cursive.
Hanji had eyes only for the box, held delicately in her arms like she would have held beautiful Rosaline herself, as, together, we made our way to the only tree in the meadow. It seemed forever ago we sat under its shade in June, where I promised to be strong for all of us.
I would keep my promise until the day I would die, I swore it.
Once we reached the tree, we stood before it in silence as the wind shook brown and green leaves from the billowing branches, and I traced Rosaline’s name tenderly.
“She was beautiful, Hanji,” I said quietly, my eyes glued to the box, our fallen future enraptured within it.
“I wish I could have seen her.”
I felt her shoulders shake as she began to weep, and, clumsily in her long black skirts, she sat on her knees in front of the shallow hole I dug beside the tree the day before. I continued to stand, and I rested my hand on Hanji’s trembling shoulder. Her breath became heavy and shallow as her cold tears flowed harder from her bloodshot eyes.
“You don’t have to do this,” I said as I sat on my knees beside my love, but she shook her head as I wrapped an arm around her waist, her flowing hair quivering as it fell from its messy bun in thick tendrils. The wind caught wisps of it in its travels, moving the brown hair from her pale, tear stained face.
“I want to,” she said firmly, and I rested my head on her shoulder again, planting a kiss on her arm. She took a steady breath and put Rosaline in to the cold earth alone, and she smoothed the pile of churned damp brown earth beside the grave over the light brown box.
“Good bye Rosaline,” she whispered, and I rubbed her back softly. She squeezed a fistful of dirt, and then she bent down to plant a kiss on the lonely little grave, tears tracing light glass paths down her cold cheeks.
She rose and looked in to my black eyes, her face swimming with tender despair as I reached up to her peach lips to gently wipe the brown dirt from its creases. She closed her eyes at my touch and leaned her face in to my hand, and I pulled her in to my embrace. I stroked her jaw line to her chin and, with a finger, I brought her lips to mine.
“I love you,” I whispered when our lips broke apart and I buried my face in to the crook of her neck. She tasted of cold earth and the soft saltiness of her sorrow.
She sobbed bitterly in to my arms until the sun rose high above our heads and the flowers’ petals opened wide to embrace the last bits of its warmth before winter’s frost burned them in to the icy ground.
October
Hanji
I stood before the Female Titan, pacing the stone floor in front of her with a sly grin pulling at my chapped lips as I absent mindedly fiddled with my calloused fingers, deep, deep beneath the streets of Wall Sina: I stood in a specially-built prison for the Female Titan in the Underground, a place Humanity abandoned ages before the Walls were erected.
As I paced, her steely eyes followed my every movement, and I reveled in the power I had over her, a set of deep, cackling giggles rolling up through me from the bottom of my belly at the thought of my power over her.
I turned on my heel to face her, grinning madly, and she tried to lean forward through her bonds. Her hands were bound to either side of the stone walls with thick glinting metal, and she sat on her legs, her bare feet pressed flat against the cold, muddy ground as well. Metal bindings held her in place at her waist, knees, ankles, and her chest just under her armpits, leaving her neck exposed to the soldiers behind her. Thick barbed wire had been shot through her skin as well, and I was in the process of designing a machine that would pierce through the bottoms of her feet and through her bones-like the one used to bring her back to Wall Sina-but it would also shoot electrical currents through her body; I wanted to study the effects of electricity on titans.
“Hello, beautiful, how are you feeling?” She stared at me, and I smiled at her pleasantly, but my eyes burned holes through her. Silence answered my inquiry, and I shook my head.
“So rude to your hosts,” I chided her, and I took a step closer.
“Squad Leader, don’t get so close!” Moblit yelled at me from across the room, and I laughed as he looked to Levi, who stood across from him with his arms crossed over his chest, proudly adorned in his uniform.
Although Levi played himself coolly, I never left his sight; he warily kept track of me as I interrogated the monster who had stolen so many people he loved.
But she had also stolen from me, and I was not as forgiving as him.
As I came closer to her, her eyes followed me until I stood beneath her perfectly pointed and smooth chin, and I reached up to touch the scalding muscles that covered the white washed marble her bones. Her eyes grew wide at my touch, and then I dug my thin fingers deep in to her flesh until only my palm and thumb were exposed. She squirmed as I yanked her light face down so she could look at my body, my stomach less than a foot from her red lips.
Two months before and my pregnant stomach would have touched her lips, and anger boiled inside of me as my fingers burned inside of her flesh.
“Now listen close to me bitch because this is all you’ll be hearing until I rip your heart out and eat it before those very blue eyes of yours.” My eyes widened with rage and I flashed my pearly teeth to her. “Oh, and of course, my succulent dinner will be accompanied by the music of your screams.”
Her pupils shot small quickly as I pulled her closer to me, her body trying to heal itself around my fingers. I clawed at the bone of her jaw with my nails, and I saw the tiniest hint of pain flash in her eyes.
“You’ve stolen from hundreds of people-their families and their lives-and you’ve stolen from the ones I love. But, even worse for you, you’ve stolen from me-your whole kind has stolen from me-and you’re the perfect Christ to nail to an iron cross.” Her nose touched my chest and I felt her breath quicken as bubbling cackles flowed from me. “Do you know what you’ve stolen from me?” I almost whispered to her darkly beautiful face, and, of course, she stayed silent. “You stole the most precious thing to me: you stole my newborn from me. You and your kind killed her, and I want revenge. Oh, but oh no no no, I won’t kill you; death would be too sweet a release from what hell you’re about to go through. The hell I’m going to put you through will be unending until your last breath, and that burning, rotting hell you’ll go to once you finally die at my hands, it’ll be nothing in comparison to what I’m going to put you through.” I smiled widely at her and I had to take a break from my overwhelming laughter.
I wiped tears from my face as I pulled my fingers from her chin, but her head stayed down close to my body. I rested my arm on the bridge of her sculpted nose and looked in to her intelligent blue eyes.
“Do you know what makes this even better, whore? Wrapped inside this pretty little heap of a fleshy present, is you, your real body-your human body. But oh, no need to worry, we’re not going to pull you out right away, shifter.” I felt her mouth open and her teeth grazed my legs, but I backed away from her easily before she clamped down on my body. She tore a bit of my white pants and spit it out towards me as I laughed, and she proudly raised herself up again.
“Good one bitch, but it won’t be that easy!” I turned away from her and looked at the long wooden table behind me, various glinting metallic instruments laid out on white satin cloth.
“Eren,” I called out over my shoulder, and he saluted from behind the Female Titan, whose eyes turned far to her side in hopes of locating him. I smiled at her incompetence.
“Yes Squad Leader Hanji!”
“In your titan form, what does pain feel like? Can you feel pain?” He paused a moment.
“Y-yeah, I can, if not more so. Pain feels like acid, and when you heal, it hurts more, but it’s gone in a flash.”
“Ah yes, healing. Well, bitch,” I turned around to face the Female Titan, but I kept my hands behind my back to childishly hide my weapon from her all-seeing gaze as I came close to her again. She held her head high, and I kept myself in her gaze. “You may be able to heal in this form, but us humans aren’t as lucky. YOU aren’t that lucky-NOW!” I screamed as I rushed towards her, wielding my thin dagger to slice the muscles from her high held face.
As I screamed the command, Levi and Mikasa, using their gear and freshly sharpened blades, sheared the Titan’s ice white hair from her head as she hardened the nape of her fair neck, and I cackled mercilessly at her fear as her short tendrils fell around her like shorn feathers. She shook her head to rid herself of what was left of it, and she was left bald, sections of her ivory scalp red and steaming from cuts and nicks.
“Funny thing about titans is, their hair never grows back when you cut it.” I smiled up at her eyes as she looked down her full cheeks to see me, and I began to skin her like a fish with my sharp, silver dagger.
I was going to have fun torturing the fucking whore.
10 Days Later
Levi
“Levi, would you be a dear and silence our little sweet heart?” I sighed as I readied my blades and shot across the room to enter the Female Titan with a slice through her tightly trimmed belly. I zigzagged through her burning, empty insides to her thick throat, and I popped out of the bottom of her hard jaw, my slight body dripping with her steaming crimson blood that looked black in the dim, flickering candle light of the prison where the Female Titan resided.
The massive, cold room seemed to be more of Hanji’s inhabitance than the Titan’s as she was there more than she was anywhere else. Her days and nights and whole life revolved around the Titan; she rarely ate or bathed, and she never slept or saw sunlight.
We did not speak for a long time.
I flew lightly from the Titan to Hanji’s side on the cobbled ground as she readied a silvery clawed instrument, her movements slow and uneasy. Her eyes were barely open as she sighed and rubbed her face, combing wild strands of her unkempt hair from her heavy lidded eyes. Purple bags swallowed her bloodshot eyes, and she turned from me and the table to the Titan with wobbly steps. I grabbed her elbow to steady her, but she swatted my hand from her arm.
“I don’t need your help,” she scolded. “Would you make her bow her head please?” Hanji did not understand the irony in what she said as she approached the Titan, but I did as she asked anyways. I flew towards the Titan on my gear and sliced each side of her throat so her head uneasily bowed to the floor, and Hanji touched the Titan’s cheek gingerly.
“Hanji you shouldn’t touch her. It’ll burn your hand!” I strode to her side and pulled her hand from the Titan’s skin, and the palm of her hand bled heavily. She sighed and I stared at her in disbelief. “You’re not well. You need sleep!” I tore a long strip of her blood stained grey dress shirt and wrapped tightly around her hand to help stem the bleeding.
“Sleep is for the weak,” she scoffed. “Hold her eyelids open.”
I shook my head angrily, but I opened the Titan’s eye with my blades. She squirmed at my touch and I held her tighter. She settled for a moment, but jerked around wildly as Hanji inserted one long, needle like end of the contraption through the flesh of her eyelid and through the bone, and she did the same to the bottom of her eye. The Titan tried screaming but no sound came from her mutilated, steaming throat, and Hanji keeled over with laughter.
As Hanji got back up on to her knees, I cut through the throat of the Female Titan to keep her silenced, and then the Titan lurched forward while I blindly fumbled around in the darkness.
“What the fuck,” I mumbled inside of its moving body, and quickly I cut myself back out of her body, only to hear Hanji screaming mercilessly.
I hesitated for a moment at the sight of the Female Titan’s icy blue eye rolling around on the floor before it came to a stop in front her and then crumbled in a heap of smoldering grey ashes, but then she lurched forward again towards Hanji with snapping jaws and I flew down to Hanji. She cried in a ball on the floor, senselessly too close to the Titan’s teeth, as she clutched her bleeding nipped side, and I swept her up in my arms to get out of the room.
As we left and I ran down the outside hall for help, Hanji screamed and kicked and clawed at me to let her go, her scathing voice choked by her incessant sobs. She punched me in the face hard and I reeled back as I dropped her, blood flowing heavy from my nose and bitten lip, and I hit the ground hard. I held my face as I got back up on to my knees, and I looked to Hanji as she screamed louder and louder until no sound came from her cracked lips.
She scratched her face til she drew blood. She ripped thin handfuls of her greasy hair out. She tore the leather belts of her gear from her body. In frozen fear I watched her bubble in to chaos as she snatched her glasses from her face and threw them at the wall in front of her where they shattered with a tinkling and fell to the ground like star dust.
Gingerly, I reached for her as she calmed down, tears stained red with her blood silently dripping from her chin to her shirt, and she did not lash out on me again. I came closer to her and delicately held her in my arms as she cried.
“I just want it to be all over. I just want to be free,” she whispered. I knew how she felt; I had felt the same a year before. Gently, I began to rock her in my arms and I rested my chin softly atop her head.
“Soon, we will all be free. We will be free.”
I sighed and closed my eyes for a moment, and when I looked ahead of myself, my eyes met the dark sea of Armin Arlet’s.
Three Weeks Later
Hanji did not visit the Female Titan again after she broke her glasses.
That day, I carried her to her cot outside of the Underground where the sun shown warm and bright on Wall Sina, and she slept for the next two days without waking up. When she finally awoke, she ate, and then slept again. On her fourth day of full wakefulness, she let me give her a warm bath, and she said she felt a bit better.
Truthfully, I was worried she would do what I had done, so I kept myself at her side as much as I possibly could. I did not want her to feel alone like I did. I wanted her to feel safe and loved.
Finally, she began to speak again as the deep cuts and scratches on her face and around her eyes healed in to dark crimson scars, and I heard her laugh again soon afterwards. I felt my Hanji returning to me, and I smiled to myself at her growing happiness.
Soon afterwards, she returned to her work, but she did not go to see the Female Titan; she worked on a neurotoxin that would be injected in to a titan shifter’s titan that would destroy the shifter’s connection to their titan body and then kill the shifter. In low doses, she hoped it would allow me to remove the Female Titan’s shifter by rendering her incapable of hardening any portion of her body.
“I KNOW WHO THE FEMALE TITAN IS!”
Hanji and I sat in the makeshift Meeting Room alone, at first, in silence as we sipped tea together, the candle light flickering shadows around the stone room of the Underground.
Armin Artlet burst through the rot iron door of the room, his pale flustered face splotched red as he panted from running through the building, and Hanji and I turned to him.
I sipped my tea.
“I know who the Female Titan is,” he repeated as he caught his breath, and Hanji put her new glasses back on to better see the boy.
“How do you know who she is? Who is she?” Hanji calmly questioned the boy, and he closed the door behind himself before he took a seat at the table between us. Hanji turned to look at him with ease, but I saw a malevolent glint flash through her rust eyes.
Hanji
I looked at Armin from the bridge of my nose as he closed the door behind himself and attempted to straighten his uniform. He brushed his blond hair from his face, and, in a long sweep of his hand, he tied his hair up, long locks rebelliously falling from the frail rope he used to tie its messiness up. Oh how much that child reminded me of myself.
“Arlet, take a seat,” Levi scoffed behind his white porcelain cup, and he closed his eyes with a sigh of irritation from the boy, but I knew he was as interested as I was by the boy’s claim. Like a mouse, the boy weakly nodded his head and pulled a chair out at the far end of the wood table for himself, and, once he properly sat himself, he gulped hard.
I rested my arms on the table and clasped my hands together tightly, nerves racking my bones harshly with anxiety; I did not know if I truly wanted to tie a name and face to murderer of my dead child, the murderer of my future happiness and my fresh breath of change and new life. I did not know if I truly wanted to take in the face of a friend turned enemy in a single breath of accusation. I did not know if I could handle it.
“Now Armin,” I breathed softly, and I felt Levi’s dark eyes turn to strike me with his intimate gaze. I felt him burn holes in to my flesh with his racing thoughts. “Start from the beginning. What is it you have to tell us?”
Armin looked from me to Levi, and when he saw Levi, the stern man’s reflection lightly reflected in the boy’s dark sea blue eyes, he paled slightly.
“I-I don’t want you to think I’m crazy, but there have been too many signs pointing to the identity of the Female Titan for me to not notice. I just think it’s time for action and change.” I nodded in understanding; Humanity’s come back from the titans’ unending attacks was long overdue.
“Please, tell us.”
Armin closed his eyes, and determination painted his features.
“It all began ages ago during the first expedition in which the Female Titan made her appearance. She reacted to a nickname my graduating class gave to Eren Yeager, someone only in our graduating class would have understood. That day, she also had a chance in which she could have killed me, but, instead, she pulled back my hood to see my face, which meant she was on the hunt for someone. Then, the day the titans attacked Wall Rose and the Female Titan appeared, she and Eren fought on the ground, and she exhibited combat skills taught to my graduating class. She also showed a style of hand-to-hand combat associated with one person in particular in my graduating class. The Female Titan also resembles the girl herself.” Armin took a breath, and I felt goose bumps raise on my dark skin as he came closer and closer to telling us who the Female Titan was.
“I believe the Female Titan is Annie Leonhardt, an MP.”
The room was silent as the name sank in to us all, and Armin’s voice hung in the air, clear as a chiming bell.
Levi set his tea down.
“So basically you have no proof the Female Titan and this-this girl are one and the same?” Levi remarked sarcastically as he roughly rubbed his face with his muscular hands. I stared off at the table darkly, my mind drowning with swimming rain storms.
“Well…” Armin began, “yeah…Annie’s even been counted among the MIA, but some people- Reiner Braun and Bertolt Hoover- claimed to have seen her eaten by a titan during the attack on Wall Rose. I don’t believe them though….I-I think they’re hiding something as well-maybe they know she’s the Female Titan and they’re just covering-“
“Arlet, stop throwing accusations around senselessly! We’re talking about innocent people about to be brutally wasted away in execution for such an act of villainous treason,” Levi snapped at the boy, almost standing out of his chair. Armin sat back in his and looked down, easily silenced and put back in to his subordinate place by the superior man.
The room froze in an uneasy silence.
“The only way to be sure,” I said quietly, “is to extract the shifter from her titan.”
Levi
The day of reckoning came quickly, and the five of us were ready; Mikasa and I stood silently in the shadows on either side of the Female Titan, outside of her line of blinded sight; Erwin stood in the doorway with Armin at his side, their faces eagerly watching her nape; Hanji readied herself in the hallway. Mikasa and I caught eyes and we exchanged a look as I nodded my head at her.
We were all ready.
I heard the wooden door of the prison click open and loudly slam behind Hanji as she entered the room, her uniform’s black metal heels crashing on the stone floor. The Female Titan’s bald head went up as she awaited Hanji to pass her steel blinders and in to her line of sight.
Hanji smiled up at the Titan, a syringe filled with her egg yellow serum gently clasped in her hands.
“Hello beautiful! Long time no see. How have you been?” The Titan sat silently, unmoving as frosted diamond. Hanji tutted as she came closer to her, and, once she was close enough, she slowly caressed the top of the Titan’s thigh, uncaring of its scalding flesh.
“I have a present for you,” she cooed, and the Female Titan tried to squirm away from Hanji unsuccessfully as she pressed the long silver needle head in to the steaming flesh of her leg. “This’ll make you sleepy-all of you will be sleepy.”
Hanji looked up in to the ice blue eyes of the Female Titan and smiled warmly, and the Titan’s eyes began to droop slowly against her will.
“See you on the other side soon, Annie,” Hanji whispered as the Titan’s head lolled forward, her chin touching the flesh of her chest with a sizzle of burning flesh.
And then we waited for what felt like days but were only a few hours until Hanji gave us the go ahead.
Mikasa and I looked at each other a final time as we prepared our blades, and we could feel Erwin, Armin, and Hanji holding their breath, Hanji clasping her hands eagerly as she sat on the ground and watched the Titan for any sign of consciousness.
I nodded at Mikasa and we attacked.
In a flurry of blades and flesh, together we sliced easily through the Female Titan’s nape, and as the steam flew through the air as fast as lightning, I stood on the Titan’s back, staring in at the blond girl enveloped in crimson membrane and stained black with blood.
Annie Leonhardt did not stir as I reached down to her and began to pull her from the Titan’s corpse, my arms hooked through her armpits to wrap around her chest.
“LEVI LOOK OUT!”
I hadn’t even fully got my arms around the girl before I was attacked by two men that both struck me with their fists like hard boulders, and I began to fall off the Titan. Quickly I reached for my sword and plunged it in to the back of the Titan to slow my fall, and with my other hand I made myself fly above the carcass and my assailants.
“REINER, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!”
“CORPARL, GET ANNIE AND RUN!”
From above before I fell to the Titan’s back, I saw the two men-more of overgrown boys than anything else. The first, a cocky looking burly blond stood determinedly in front of Leonhardt, and the other, an overgrown weed taller than Hanji, protectively looked at the girl as he ran his long fingers nervously through his shaggy black hair.
I began to fall, and, with a shot of my gear, I soared to them.
I readied my blades on either side of my body and spun at the blond man as he charged me, a scream of rage escaping his lips. Our blades caught with a clang as Mikasa flew to us and she attacked the taller man.
Both men wore the Wings of Freedom, and it disgusted me to see them disgrace the Scouts.
Together, the blond and I almost danced with our blades as we attempted to take each other’s life in the span of only the few minutes in which we all confirmed Annie Leonhardt as the Female Titan.
I heard Hanji clammer up the side of the Titan with Erwin, and Mikasa grunted with frustration as she took on the other man.
I swung my blades incessantly at the burly man, rage boiling inside of me with each strike. I attacked his legs and his neck to no avail.
“Why are you doing this?!” I yelled at the man, but he ignorantly grunted and charged me again. Easily, I stepped out of his way and I kicked him in the back, sending him with a clatter in to the Titan’s flesh. I pounced on him, my blades held at his throat, and he kicked me off in to the air. I shot my hook next to him and spun with a fury after him. Our blades caught, and I dragged my blade down close to his hands, our noses mere inches apart.
“Why are you protecting Leonhardt?” The man pushed me away from him, and the Female Titan’s body lurched hard, steam pouring like thick fog from the muscles of its body. Unsteadily we stopped our attack and looked to the girl.
Armin held her in his arms, and, with a final pull, he freed her from the Titan’s membrane. She stirred and cried out softly in his arms, and then she opened her tightly shut eyes.
“Ar…armin…” she moaned, and the blond man charged the boy. I followed but was stopped by the taller man, and together, Mikasa and I attacked him. I saw the blond man shove Armin off the girl, but he fought back and pulled Leonhardt with him as he fell from the quickly disintegrating titan body. Erwin charged the blond man as he jumped from the Titan for Arlet.
Mikasa and I lunged and lashed and stabbed and parried as one, and quickly we began to overwhelm the black haired man.
“ANNIE C’MON LET’S RUN! BERTOLT LET’S GO! ANNIE-NO WHAT ARE YOU DOING!” The black haired man whipped around to find his blond haired comrade, and the three of us watched Leonhardt groggily climb up the Titan. Mikasa raced for her, but the girl reached the nape of her Titan first. She reached inside of its flesh and there was a flash of brilliant white light as more steam flew from the Titan. I shielded my eyes as Arlet raced for the girl, and he tried to pull her from the Titan but she pushed him away easily.
The girl quickly crystallized herself, and Hanji struck the diamond with her titanium blade but the weapon shattered like star dust upon impact.
“ANNIE NO!” The man named Bertolt yelled at the girl, hot tears streaming down his ashen cheeks, and he fell to his knees beside me. The man named Reiner stood still for a moment, horror filling his features like frosted milk, but he quickly snapped out of his stupor.
“BERTOLT NOW!” His head swung to the black haired man, and I held my blade to his throat, our eyes locking.
I dared him to attempt escape silently, but he ran himself through with my own blade.
There was a flash of lightning as hot as the sun, and I was thrown back from the man with billowing waves of scalding steam and embers. I crashed against the wall of the prison as I heard massive stone boulders fall around the room as it collapsed, and I covered my face with my arm, my blades held ready.
As the chaos cooled, I looked around the suddenly brightly lit room, and, to my horror, I looked up at the crimson monster before me.
I looked upon the living body of the Collossal Titan before me.
Sign up to rate and review this story