Categories > Anime/Manga > Attack on Titan > A Song Bird's Wings of Freedom

Chapter 10: Happily Ever After

by PetraRivaille 0 reviews

Hanji holds Rosaline for the first time.

Category: Attack on Titan - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2015-02-01 - 408 words - Complete

0Unrated
Levi
I hadn’t realized I held my breath, and my chest and shoulders fell hard when I let my breath go from my body. My eyes were clasped tightly shut, but I forced myself to relax with a soft, easy breath, and I opened my eyes.
Around me, everything was white and clean, sunlit from windows I could not see.
I couldn’t remember where I’d been before then, but I felt at ease, because something told me I was meant to be there.
I didn’t question it.
Around me, everything was perfect and pristine, yet there was nothing in the room. I still felt no need to question it; all was right.
I breathed again, and I felt something on my face.
Small hands brushed my hard jaw with chubby fingers, and I looked down. In my arms, I held a baby: my child. I smiled down at beautiful Rosaline, and she smiled back at me, a bubbling laugh as free as bells cascading from her. I touched her cheek with my finger, and she clutched it tight with her little hand.
“Hello Rosaline,” I said to my girl, and she giggled again.
There was a soft click from in front of me, and I looked ahead to see Hanji. She stood tall and clean, a warm smile playing on her features. She looked beautiful and happy.
“Hanji,” I breathed, and I felt a weight lifted off my chest as if I’d expected to never see her again.
Why would I think such a ludicrous thing?
“Levi,” she smiled, and we crossed the distance between each other in the white room.
She reached for Rosaline and I let her hold our daughter. I wrapped my arms around Hanji’s waist and rested my chin on her shoulder so I could look at our Rosaline while she hummed to her.
“She has your eyes, baby,” I said to Hanji, and she grinned.
“She has your smile.”
I looked to Hanji and kissed her softly. We pulled apart, and a look of confusion crossed her face.
“There are no titans here,” she said, and I returned her confused look.
“Titans? Why would we have to worry about them?”
“I…I don’t know why I said that,” she admitted, and she looked back to Rosaline.
“A world without titans,” she said to our darling daughter, “it’s like we’ve died and gone to Heaven…”
Sign up to rate and review this story