Categories > Anime/Manga > Attack on Titan > A Song Bird's Wings of Freedom

Epilogue: Spirit

by PetraRivaille 0 reviews

Eren sees Petra.

Category: Attack on Titan - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2015-02-01 - 339 words - Complete

1Moving
Eren
I flew as fast as I could, my blades held tight in my fists as I screamed and made my way to the woods, to Levi and Hanji.
Levi didn’t see the titan ahead of him.
The titan swung its hand in to Levi and Hanji, and he squashed them against the tree on their left, the crimson, scaled bark almost as red as Levi and Hanji’s blood.
“NO!” I screamed in to the empty wind as my blades sliced in to the thick, purple flesh of the titan that murdered Humanity’s Strongest and Smartest, my friends and family.
The titan fell to its knees and then face planted hard in to the cold, dark ground, and I stood on the branch where Levi’s hooks still held tight. I looked down the metal line.
Levi and Hanji were wrapped together in Levi’s wires, and they hung from the tree, spinning slightly. They were soaked through with their own blood, completely red, and no life rang through them anymore.
They held hands even in death.
Their cold blood dripped down to the earth, and I watched drops of it fall heavy like the tears that stained my splotched face.
Then I saw her.
I saw a petite woman stand beneath the tree, beneath their corpses, and she looked up at the bodies, herself as still as a silent breeze. Her short red hair flowed lightly in a wind I did not feel, and our eyes met.
Her meadow green eyes peered in to my heart.
“Petra,” I whispered, and I shot my hooks to the ground beside her.
She looked at the hook next to her and then up to me as I flew down beside her, but before my feet touched the ground, before my feet even left the cold branch I was on, she breathed deep. As her breath left her, her body broke away in faint fallen autumn leaves and flew away with the wind.
I stood alone in the forest.
Sign up to rate and review this story