Categories > TV > Supernatural > The Walls We Build

Damaged Goods

by clamb0618 0 reviews

Leah is just a normal woman, married, with a normal life when she gets into a big fight only to come home, her house engulfed in flames

Category: Supernatural - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2015-02-02 - Updated: 2015-02-03 - 1582 words

0Unrated
Leah was just an average woman. She grew up in Colorado Springs, CO and had a loving family and a husband along with great friends in her life. She grew up a normal childhood, making friends after changing schools several times. Her family wasn't all that wealthy which never bothered her. They had enough to go out on yearly trips during Summer vacations after all. Eventually, she got a job to get what she wanted or needed since she never liked to ask her parents or others for things.

During her last year of High School, she met Randy, who she viewed as her first love. Her parent's never agreed with him, never trusted them with her and for good reason. They, personally, just had a bad feeling about him though Leah never listened to them. He had gone back and forth between her and other women. Finally, when she was 20 years old, he had decided to be with her completely and they were happy but it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. Eventually, she had seen his true colors when they were fighting one day, talking about her friends and how she hung out with them too much although, they only hung out maybe once a week which should have been warning enough for her but she was never good at listening to her gut. Eventually, in the fight, she just kept arguing with him and he hit her, causing her to fall to the floor and this started one of many beatings received from him. Of course, she always came up with excuses to how she got visible bruises.

Randy didn't really allow for her to go out often, always claiming she was going out to see a guy although one night she did sneak out. She just wanted some drinks after so much happening. She never talked to her family, her friends, nobody. It had been six years that she dealt with his constant beatings. She just wanted to get out of the house, for once. She knew she should have just run away but where could she go? She didn't know if anyone she cared about even wanted her around after avoiding them so much.

When she entered the bar, she met a man and had a feeling she should have left. He was perfect in every possible. He actually acted like he cared about her and it was only obvious with his reaction to the fact that she had bruises, able to pinpoint that she had been beaten. He had promised to take her away and it was just so tempting, to run away with such a great man. His name was Daniel. She was about to accept his invitation to save her from Randy when Randy busted through the door.

"Leah!" he yelled out "What the hell are you doing here?!"

Leah didn't know how to react. She had promised herself that if she ever got away from Randy, she would never trust another man in her lifetime, not after what she had put up with with Randy but, with Daniel, she just felt something about him, like she could trust him. As far as Randy went, the only reason she wanted to stay was because of fear of what would happen. Would he attack her, here, in the bar? She looked at Randy, not sure what to say then back at Daniel who nodded his head, obviously trying to get her to proceed with ending it with Randy. As she looked around, she saw everyone staring at them and Randy shooting her a death glare, breathing heavily with fists balled up and she took a deep breath

"I'm leaving you Randy. I have had enough of the beatings. Enough is enough!" she shouted, standing up for herself but it only seemed to make him more angry.

She suddenly felt him yank on her wrist "Like hell you are!" he shouted, pulling her away and Leah dragged her feet along with him but tried to pull her hand away "Get off of me, I'm not going any..." she shouted but stopped mid-sentence when Randy hit the ground.

Daniel had knocked him on his ass and she gasped, watching the two fight before Daniel finally had him pinned to the ground. She then felt Daniel's hand on her wrist, dragging her outside and she looked back to see Randy laying on the ground, getting up and Leah ran behind Daniel until they got to a black Mustang Shelby with white stripes and she quickly got in, taking a deep breath and could feel that this was the start of a new life. A better life.

----Three Years Later----

It had been three years since she last saw Randy. After his encounter with Daniel, it seemed that he didn't want to have to deal with that again. Leah was glad to be away from him and for good too. She had been with Daniel ever since and had been married for a year now but she still wasn't happy even though she tried her best to act like she was very happy with him. She had him, the man that loved her more than anything, her friends and family were back in her life and Randy was gone. She really didn't understand why she was so unhappy. Actually, she did. She had been dealing with depression her whole life and after what happened with Randy, it only made things worse. Eventually, it got to the point where she was convinced she didn't love Daniel anymore, like as if everything she felt for him was gone.

Leah now had a job as an Ultrasound Technician and she was happy with that as well but she never talked to anybody. A part of her knew that not only was it because of her depression but also the trust issues she developed since experiencing everything with Randy. It was almost as if, even with him out of her life, he still managed to control her and she hated it.

Leah felt like she was losing her mind these days. Everywhere she went, she saw one man, always staring at her but it wasn't Randy. This man had pitch black eyes, blonde hair and very muscular. Randy was scrawny, dark hair and brown eyes plus he was Indian. This man was White. She didn't know what was going on. She was scared for her life once again though she always tried to brush it off.

One night, she came home to Daniel, who had a serious look on his face.

"What's going on?" Leah asked, curiosity in her features as she sat down on their black leather couch, crossing her legs as she sat, her hands in her lap.

"We need to talk"

"OK. What about?"

"You've become distant Leah. Don't think I haven't noticed, or your Mom or Your Bro--"
"Don't you dare bring him up! MY brother's opinion matter's nothing to me. The bastard can rot in hell for all I care!" she shouted at him. Her brother had done nothing but horrible things to her throughout her whole life. Things she didn't want to talk or think about. One time, he had even tried drowning her in a pool when she was drunk but she managed to escape.
"Okay. We will leave him out of this. Point is, You are getting distant and I don't want to lose you Leah" he said and she felt his hand on her thigh and looked down, tears in her eyes.
"I'm sorry Daniel but I don't need help and I just don't love you anymore" she said and hated herself for it before standing up, walking to the front door, stepping outside, running off to the nearest bar despite Daniel's screams for her to come back. She just couldn't pretend anymore. She just didn't love him anymore.

----Several Hours Later----

After several drinks, she had been pretty drunk, talking to everyone there, just reminiscing about everything. She didn't like that she felt the way she did about everything. Didn't like how she stopped loving Daniel but she did stop loving him but then again, maybe it was the depression talking. Daniel had attempted many times to get her to talk to someone, even if it was just him but she always stated she was fine and didn't need anyone's help.

Now that she had plenty of time to think about everything, she had come to realize Daniel was right. She was dealing with Depression. Of course, it took the things a woman was saying to her for her to realize it no matter how much she hated hearing it but, finally, she had decided to go and ran to her and Daniel's home a block away only to find it engulfed in flames, the Fire Department there.

"Daniel!" she shouted, hoping he'd come out of there somehow, looking frantically.

"Mrs. Miller?" she heard a man from behind her and turned around to see two men, FBI Agents it looked like. One was taller than the other, with long brown hair, coming down to his chin and Green eyes. He almost seemed as if he didn't care about anything, like there was a part of him missing. The other one, the shorter one, had green eyes as well, short light brown hair. They were both muscular as well. She honestly wasn't up for any FBI talk right now. She just wanted to find Daniel.
Sign up to rate and review this story