Categories > TV > Supernatural > The Walls We Build

Everyone Grieves in Their Own Way

by clamb0618 0 reviews

Sam and Dean are investigating the fire that was set upon Leah's home and ask her some questions that she isn't ready to answer so she excuses herself to go get some sleep before going to a bar whe...

Category: Supernatural - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2015-02-03 - 1923 words

0Unrated
Despite the two FBI Agents coming up to talk to her and asking if they could talk, Leah continued to look around for her husband. She had come back because she wanted to fix things. She wanted to make it work with her husband and hopefully get past this horrible stage of their marriage and move on. She was even willing to do what it took to get past it, even if that meant having to talk to someone, which she was never a good fan of. She wasn't the type that liked to talk about her feelings and such but she would do it for him.

Suddenly, she looked over to see the taller one whispering something into the shorter one's ear and she cleared their throat to get their attention. She didn't care about answering questions as to how the fire started. She didn't even know anything about it. She just wanted to ask them about Daniel and if he made it out.

"Excuse me" she said and saw them turn their heads "Where is my husband, Daniel Miller? He's tall, muscular with Sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. Have you seen him?"

The taller one shifted in place and Leah looked his way as he started talking "Mrs. Miller, was your husband inside during the time of the fire"

Leah narrowed her eyes at the man, afraid of his reasons for asking "As far as I know, Yes"
The shorter one raised an eyebrow "As far as you know?" he seemed to ask suspiciously.

"Yes, as far as I know Agent Smith" she shouted with attitude "Sorry if I'm not with my husband 24 fucking 7, alright?" and the Agent just muttered something under his breath which Leah didn't pay any mind to. She wasn't trying to be friends with the man, all she wanted to do was find her husband.

Agent Dunbar then cleared his throat and Leah directed his attention to him "I don't think my partner meant anything by it. We just want to get to the bottom of this and figure out where your husband was. Now, just tell us how long you have been gone"

Leah honestly didn't know exactly how long she had been gone. She had been drinking for awhile. She was still a little drunk even though it was starting to fade due to the amount of running she did, making her way over here "I, umm, I don't know exactly. Daniel and I, we got in a fight so I stormed out. I'd say it was about two, three hours ago"

She then saw the two Agents share glances among each other before looking back at her "Mrs. Miller" Agent Smith said "the fire occurred what would seem to be a half an hour after you would have left and I'm sorry to tell you this, but no one got out alive"

Leah didn't know what to think about what he had just told her. Basically what the Agent was saying was that Daniel was dead "No" she shouted as a tear formed and she quickly wiped it away "You're wrong. He's out there, somewhere, I know he is, he has to be"

Agent Dunbar then seemed to be digging something out of his pocket "Mrs. Miller, this was found inside" he said and Leah looked up to see a necklace with a Silver and black chain with Daniel's family crest on it and Leah took it, more tears flowing.

Daniel wore that necklace wherever he went. He never took it off, not even for a shower or to go to bed, or even at work. She never knew of a time when he wouldn't wear the damn thing. She used to make fun of him for it and would tease him by managing to slip it off him, running around the house, making him catch her to go get it and he would do whatever it took to get it back. Those were some of the good memories and now, with the necklace in her hands, she knew those memories were all they were and her and Daniel couldn't make anymore. What's worse is the way she left things which tore her up inside. She would never be able to fix that now and she hated herself for how she had treated him.

"If you don't mind, we'd like to ask you a few more questions Mrs. Miller" Agent Dunbar said after a long pause, obviously letting her sort through it all.

Leah wasn't sure if she was up for talking at the moment though or if she was even capable of it given the amount of drinks she had that night. She just wanted to go somewhere and be alone. Sure, she knew she would have to talk to the Agents eventually but, she would rather it wait until she could actually process everything.

"Look, I appreciate your kindness Agent Dunbar" she said, making it clear she was speaking to him and not the other Agent "But I would rather we talk about this another time. This is just..."

"I understand" the Agent said and it seemed the other one rolled his eyes at what she said which she didn't care all that much. She then noticed Agent Dunbar pulling out a card and she took it, scanning it over "Please contact us when you are ready to talk. We'll be in touch as well" and with that they took off which Leah was glad though as Agent Smith turned around, he seemed to be eyeing her down as if he had something against her, probably the attitude she had earlier but she was never one to just keep her anger in. If someone irritated her, she let them know that, and there was something about the Agent, not really a form of irritation but rather the fact that there was something about him that made her want to forget about it all and it scared the hell out of her.

----12 hours later----

After the two Agents left that night, Leah had got a hotel and informed her work that she needed some personal time off after Daniel's death which there was no argument after she had told them what happened and they told her to take as much time as she needed. She wasn't doing very well with Daniel's death especially considering the way they parted that night. She wished she could take back everything she had said to him and just stay there with him. Maybe if she was there, she could have helped get him out of that fire. She ran through so many scenarios in her mind of what she could have done to save him. He had saved her life from Randy and she couldn't even return the favor.

Tired of everything going through her mind, she decided to go out drinking. Sure, it hadn't even been a half a day since she sobered up but she just wanted to forget everything that had happened. It was all just eating up inside of her. So, walking inside the local bar, the same one she had went to the night before, she took a seat at the end, not really caring who was sitting in the seat beside her and ran her hands through her hair.

"What's your poison?" the bartender asked.

"I'll have a Vodka" she responded, not really looking up.

"Vodka is such a woman's drink" she heard someone say then looked up to see Agent Smith

"You have got to be fucking kidding me" she mumbled under her breath "What the hell are you doing here?!"

Leah didn't want to see the Agent again. She wouldn't mind seeing Agent Dunbar since he wasn't so much of an Ass and she didn't feel uncomfortable around him. She still didn't understand why she felt that way around Agent Smith but she did. She just wanted to get out of there but she wasn't going to let him chase her out when she was sure she needed a drink...or ten, a lot more than he did.

"I'm getting a drink or do I have to check with you first, hmm?" he asked with attitude and sarcasm laced in his voice all at the same time.

Leah just rolled her eyes at his comment "Whatever, do what you want, just try not to be such a damn prick, will you?" she said then turned forward, not caring how he'd take what she just said.

There was a long pause between the two which Leah was thankful for since she didn't much feel like talking to him of all people but of course, just her luck, it didn't last long...

About ten minutes had passed before she heard his voice once more and she grimaced at the sound of his voice "I know we didn't get along too much before, but I know what you're going through Leah. Believe me, I do, and since neither of us are leaving, I say we go ahead and enjoy each other's company, don't you think?"

She turned her head to face him and she supposed it was always a lot more fun to drink with someone else rather than herself. She was just so tempted to walk out the door right then but then again, this was her favorite bar and she supposed it wouldn't hurt to socialize with him and she wouldn't be afraid to take a few hits his way if he were to piss her off anymore than he already had.

"Fine. Whatever." she finally said, shrugging her shoulders.

They sat there, at the bar drinking for awhile. Of course, at first, she was really wondering if she should even be hanging out with the man that made her so damn mad for whatever reason but she still stuck with hanging out with him and he had even turned out to be not so bad.

They had laughed and told stories of their lives though she knew this was just a drunken
moment. When she would be sober again and they parted ways, she was sure he'd manage to piss her off again since it hadn't taken much for it to happen when she had first met him.

After about an hour, Leah had been quite drunk and she decided she wanted to get out of her seat and go play pool. Whenever Leah was drunk, she tended to like to move her feet and they were lucky she didn't go out the door since she also tended to wander wherever when she was drunk. It was almost as if she just wasn't capable standing still at all.

Making her way to the pool table, she didn't even wait for Agent Smith to follow but just got up and walked over, grabbing a pool cue then saw him behind her and she turned around, facing him, noticing how close they were and a smirk on his face and she rolled her eyes, slamming the pool cue in his chest.

"Oh please...Like I'm just going to fall for your charm" she said and chuckled as she stumbled over to rack the balls, leaning over the table as she did.

"Can't blame a guy for trying" he said and Leah rolled her eyes again, noting just how much of a ladies man this guy was and he may have been cute but there was no way in hell, drunk or sober, that she would ever sleep with him.
Sign up to rate and review this story