Categories > Games > Halo > Fate Twister Original

Chapter 3

by sgtlegendkiller 0 reviews

*Original Post Date 10/6/10*

Category: Halo - Rating: PG - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2015-04-13 - 2497 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter #3 Morgan

Part #1 Failed Friendship

Captain Veredi told us to wait in the hangar until he found a place for us to stay for a few days. Mike and I were sitting next to a large dark green container in the far corner. Mike refused to even look at me. I tried everything I could think of: Jokes, Questions, even playful shoves didn't work. Instead of acknowledging my presence, he stood up and started to leave. I stood up and grabbed his arm. He turned and shoved me hard enough to make me lose my balance. Before I recovered he pushed me once more. I fell.

Mike then knelt down and said

"Why can't you take a hint? I'm not going to play games with you, just get away from me!"

He then turned and walked to the other side of the hangar. He sat down behind another large crate. Yes I could take a hint, but that hint hurt like Hell.

For the next hour and a half, I thought about what lord hood said. How would we be able to get into the Covenant? Even if we did what would do? Would we have to fight humans? I hated the idea. Would we be caught in the act?

Forge eventually came in and took us to our "rooms". Mike went into his without saying a word.

Forge then said "Sorry, but this is the best we could do on short notice."

He paused, looking at the floor

"I just wanted to say" He paused one more

"This will probably be the last time I see you."

The PA system kicked on

"Everyone is to report to the Cyro Chamber."

"Good luck." He said as he walked away.

Part #2 My New Face

I closed the door. Inside was a fairly small room, you couldn't park a midsized car in there. There was a sink, mirror, and a bed. The room was too small. It made me claustrophobic, I felt caged.
For awhile I didn't do anything. As I was walking to the bed I glanced over to see my self in the mirror. I got closer to the mirror to take a better look. I was wearing a helmet. The brim of the helmet was just above my eyes. The helmet curved back over the top of my head, it ended in a point. The side curve strait down, covering the sides of my head. On each side of the helmet was a "fin", about two inches in width and four in length. It kind of gave me the appearance of a shark.

I reached up and took it off. I examined it. There was an orange tinted piece of glass, or what looked like glass, hanging from the helmet about where my eyes were. I made the conclusion that they were eye covers. I then pulled off the four strips of medal that covered my mandibles.
I looked back up to the mirror. That was the first time I really saw my face. My skin was a light brown almost tan. My head was almost snake like. There was about an inch and a half from my eyes to the end of my "muzzle". I had green eyes. My pupils were a vertical slit, also snakelike.
I turned my head to the right. My neck was almost two feet long. There was a hole a few inches behind my eye. Where those my ears? The Nylon ended about five inches behind my eyes.

I turned my head to the left. There was a seam down the side of the Nylon. I put my finger in between the seam and my skin. It split apart. I slid my finger up the seam. The split part bonded back together. This stuff was weird. It acted like a zipper, but it came apart like Velcro.

I looked down at my chest armor, there were several blueish-white lights scattered around. They weren't like flashlight lights more like dim neon. There was one on the armor covering my fore arm, it was bright white. I touched it. Once I did it turned dull red, I heard a faint whoosh sound. I was shocked to find my body disappearing in patches.

After a few seconds I was completely invisible. It took me a moment to see and out line of my self. The outline was like looking through curved glass, things seem to bend around the corners. I had turned on the active camouflage, a feature that the Covenant has used for a while. I could still see the dim red glow from the light. As I touched it, it returned to its previous bright white state. I started to reappear as the active camo switched off.

I took a few seconds to regroup my thoughts. I looked at my arms. The armor that covered my arms was held by a metallic strap, I undid them. It all came off in one piece, from the hand guards to the shoulder plate. I set it on the floor and did the same to my other arm.
I looked at the mirror. The nylon ended a few inches short of my elbows. I flexed a little. In the back of my mind I could hear what Mike said when I knocked out that Staff Sergeant, "HEMAN!" I laughed at the thought.

I had started to wonder how I would get the chest armor off- it was snuggly fit- I then got an idea, if the light on my armor was for active camo, what were the other ones for?

I touched the one up by my left shoulder. A hiss of air escaped out of the back as the light went from white to red. The left side of the chest armor loosened. I pressed the one on the right, the same thing happened. After all off the hissing the armor was loose, like wearing a shoe that is four sizes too big. I lifted it over my head and set it on the floor. I went and sat down on the bed.

Part #3 You Can't Run From Fear

I started to get cold, it was freezing. I thought real quickly. I stood up and walked out into the hall. The hall was dark and empty, the lights were all off. It took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust, but when they did I was surprised! I could see perfectly in the dark.

I looked around and found a map of the ship on the wall. I looked at it. I wanted to get back to the Shelby. I plotted my route, making a mental picture. I turned and walked down the hall. It was dark, the dark completely surrounded me. It reminded me of the midnight recon missions I had to do in the jungles of Somalia- I didn't want to think about it, I have already gone through enough pain for one day.

I stopped to look at a poster on the wall. It was a motivational poster. There was a man in ODST armor. He was kissing a girl his age.

There was a caption that read

"Remember what you're fighting for!"

I then realized how alone I was.

Fear then washed over me. I felt cornered. I started to run. I ran until I started to see signs pointing towards the garage. I stopped for a moment, I wasn't out of breath I just- I had no idea why I stopped. The fear was gone. I continued to run to the garage. It felt good to run, but deep down I knew that I could never outrun my past.

Part #4 Without Morgan

After about five minutes of running I finally made it to the garage. I walked over to the Shelby, I opened the truck. The light inside turned on slowly, eventually illuminating most of the room. I pulled out my large brown suitcase and set it on the ground. I unzipped it. I started to go through cloths until I found what I was looking for: my black hoodie.

It was special. It was my favorite color, black. My mom ordered it online for me. They messed up the order, mom was never good with computers, and I was given a 6XL sized hoodie. It was big enough for me to use it as a blanket- well I used to be able to that. It had a picture of Three Days Grace.

I put it on, and to my surprise it fit. It was actually a little loose, one size smaller would probably not do it for me. The sleeves were just long enough too. I was just happy to have something else besides the nylon. I never went without a shirt. It just bothered me if I wasn't wearing one. "Now all I need is a pair of jeans!" I chuckled.

I knelt down to put the suitcase away. I leaned over to grab a shirt. I heard something make a loud smack noise. I jumped to my feet and almost fell over. It had scared the shit out of me. I looked around, my hand instinctively balled into fist. There was no one around. I took a deep breath, I paused. A cold chill ran down my back, I shook myself a bit. I knelt back down to finish packing up the suitcase. I put it back in the trunk. I closed the trunk. The room fell dark once more. I went to walk away but I stepped on something.

I took a step back. I looked down to see a small black object. I picked it up. I didn't recognize it until I saw the familiar USMC emblem. It was a wallet, my wallet. I spend an entire minute trying to open it. My fingers were too big. I was frustrated. An idea popped in my mind. I lifted it up to my mouth. I used the teeth on the end of my lower right mandible. It snapped open with ease. I shook my head.

I unfolded my wallet the wallet. There were a few photos. I looked up to the ceiling, I didn't want to look at them, but curiosity got the best of me.

There were three pictures. The first was one of my dad's pitch black 70' Chevelle. The second was me standing over a fire. There was a caption that said "FIRE GOD".

The third was of a beautiful girl eighth blue eyes and black hair. She was wearing medallion on a necklace with the USMC emblem. She was my girlfriend. Her name was Morgan Chase. I closed the wallet and put it in the hoodie pocket and I started to walk back.

Part #5 Just Listen!

I got back to the rooms. I decided to go check on Mike. I walked over to his door and knocked nothing. I knocked harder, still nothing. I leaned closer to the door to try to hear. The door was locked, so I knew he was in there. I started to pound on the door, yelling for him, still nothing. I took a step back and kicked the door as hard as I could. The door flew open, the dead bolt had snapped off.

Mike was standing in front of the mirror. He had taken off his helmet and his mandible guards. The helmet was tossed into the corner. He was looking at him self. He didn't even look up to see who busted through his door. His dark hazel eyes just stared at the mirror, motionless. He was frustrated, his mandibles flared with each breath. I noticed that there was a dent in the wall- there was blood dripping from his right hand, he had punched the wall.

"Mike I need to tell you something." He remained motionless.

"Neither of us can go on alone-"

"Yeah whatever!" He snarled as he started to walk away.

I grabbed his shoulder

"Damn it just listen to me! I left family back there too! Your brother will be fine, he's in college."

Mike turned and slugged me dead in the face.

I stumbled back holding my muzzle.

"I don't need you anymore!" He yelled.

I was going to reply until I hear a growl escape his throat.

I stepped out, closed the door, and went into my room. I sat down on the bed and pulled out the picture of Morgan. I missed her. We had been together for almost seven years. It would have been our seventh anniversary a week after I got back from Afghanistan. I was planning to ask her to marry me.

I closed the wallet and lay down on the bed. It took me awhile to fall asleep. I had so much on my mind. It was weird, I had a feeling that Morgan could still be out there- somewhere.

Part #6 The Visions

Once I had fallen asleep I had two of the most disturbing dreams I have ever had.
I was hiding behind a rock. I had a Covenant Carbine in my hands. I waited a few seconds before walking out from behind the rock. I walked out to see a small creek. I was on top of a cliff over looking a small city. I heard heavy foot steps behind me. I turned to see a mass of green armor tackle me. It fell on top off me. I got a better look at my attacker. Staring back at me was a gold visor, a Spartan.

The Spartan hit me a few times. I looked over to see Mike standing by the rock, watching the Spartan beat me down. I looked back at the Spartan. It had pulled a combat knife from a sheath on its arm. The dream ended as the Spartan plunged the knife to my chest.

The next one started with me standing in a hallway. I was surrounded by black armored Elites, Mike was there as well. They all started to run through a door, so I followed. When I got through the door, the first thing I noticed was there were several Elites fighting creatures that looked like a mix of a Wookie and a Rhinoceros. The creatures were the Jiralhanae, or simply known as Brutes.

On of the Elites told me we needed to get to the door on the other side of the large room. I dashed to a pillar, keeping as close to the wall as I could. I started to dash to the next one when someone shoved me. I looked back to see Mike with a covenant Carbine. He fired a few shots and went to reload. I then watched a group of five inch spike, from a type 25 "Spiker" Carbine, embed themselves into the wall next to Mike. Mike turned to move as another group of spikes struck Mike in the chest-

I woke up panting, I sat up shaking. I was confused, what did they mean?
Sign up to rate and review this story