Categories > Books > Harry Potter > A Different Sort of Bond

Chapter 30

by Balder 14 reviews

Harry has a few ideas.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Harry,Neville - Warnings: [!] [?] - Published: 2015-04-15 - 2718 words

5Ambiance
A Different Sort of Bond

WARNINGS: Nudity, bad language, innuendo, A.U.
DISCLAIMER: See previous chapters


Chapter 30
The morning of the 29th Harry woke up to retching again. This time when he cleared the sleep from his brain it was Daphne puking in the toilet. Pulling her hair back he transferred it to one hand then summoned the crystal the Unspeakable had given him with the other. He did it wandlessly but didn’t notice in his worry. Once it hit his palm it activated. “Bode?” he called. “Daphne’s sick.”

“I’ll be there shortly,” came the reply. “Where are you?”

“Greengrass Estates,” Harry said.

“See you soon,” Bode said and the crystal went dark. Harry told Daphne, “It’ll be okay soon.” He put the crystal down then rubbed her back and used his wand to clean her up and vanish the vomit. She started to thank him then started puking again. He sent her mother a patronus messenger that Daphne was sick and a medical Unspeakable was on the way.

“Ohhh,” Daphne moaned. Then said, “Don’t make mum worry. I’ll be fine soon I’m sure.”

Harry said, “Well she’d worry more if Bode appeared without any explanation I think.” He briefly considered putting on some clothing but no one seemed to care about nudity in the Greengrass family and certainly the healer wouldn’t so he just concentrated on Daphne.

Soon Bode and Daphne’s mother Anitra appeared at the bathroom door. ‘She’s been puking on and off since I woke up,” Harry said.

Bode did several detection spells then smiled and pulled a vial from his pocket, “I have good news. It’s nothing bad, she’s just pregnant. Have her take this after she’s done and I’ll send more by owl. If she drinks them first thing in the morning she she be fine for the rest of the day. Congratulations on your blessed event.” After handing Harry the vial he leaned closer and whispered, “Once she’s feeling better I’d appreciate a call to tell me how you got separated.”

Harry nodded at that and out loud he said, “Thank you for coming sir, we’ll be in touch.”

After Bode left Anitra said, “You have an Unspeakable as your personal physician and he makes house calls?”

Harry blinked, “Err, yeah. Is that unusual?”

Daphne chuckled weakly from the floor by the toilet, “Not in comparison to the rest of your life.” She performed her wandless mouth cleaning charm and held out her hand for the vial. After drinking it she stood up, “Sorry to worry you mum. Harry tends to overreact. We’ll shower and meet you for breakfast in a bit okay?”

“Are you sure you’re okay Daphne?” Anitra asked.

“I’m fine mum,” Daphne said. “That potion I just took has been working beautifully for Tracey and Neville so I’m sure it will work for me. The goddess obviously saw fit to bless me on the Solstice but that’s not an illness. I won’t let it interfere with my schoolwork don’t worry.”

Anitra looked at Harry who nodded, “Yes, I now have a deadline to defeat Riddle. I have to destroy his last horcrux and him before Daphne is too pregnant to fight. Since I can’t leave her at home for this.”

“I wouldn’t let you leave me behind anyway,” Daphne said.

Harry joined her in the shower and as the washcloth she’d enchanted back in the Hogwarts infirmary soaped itself and cleaned them both he started thinking about what he’d need to do to deal with Riddle and his minions before summer. By the time the shower was over he had an idea. He’d mull it over a little longer before sharing it but having made him happy enough to be smiling as they dried each other off.

“Are you willing to let me conjure clothes for you again dear?” Harry said.

“You have an idea don’t you?” Daphne replied. “You wouldn’t be all smiling and playful otherwise.”

Harry grinned, “Yup! Once I’ve checked it for holes I’ll share it with you. It’ll be a mite expensive but we have the money.”

She snorted, “WE? You planning to ask me to contribute?”

Harry shook his head, “Of course not, as you know well.” He smiled, “Fine, I have the money. It won’t become our money until and unless you agree to marry me.” He chuckled, “It will be a very awkward honeymoon if you marry someone else though.”

“Be that as it may,” she said. “I’ll not have you taking me for granted. It’s a matter of principle.”

Harry nodded, “I understand.” He held up his wand, “Now about my suggestion?”

She shrugged, “There won’t be anybody around to impress or scandalize so I’ll agree as long as I get to dress you as well.”

He smiled and nodded, “Just like last time.”

She closed her lingerie drawer and turned to face him, “Go ahead first then. Once I see what you’ve conjured I’ll decide what you should wear.”

He grinned and started by conjuring an emerald, silk, thong with the Potter coat of arms in silver. She looked at it and he waited to see if she objected. Hearing no comment about the coat of arms he added a support charm for her substantial breasts followed by a bra in the same shade of emerald. Next came black leather pants that hung low on her hips and a belly shirt in green that had the Potter crest in silver over her left breast, a deep v-neck, and came down only to the last of her ribs. “I’m done unless you want boots or shoes,” Harry said. “You’re turn.”

Daphne shimmied a bit and did a few deep knee bends, “This is surprisingly soft leather Harry. I thought it would be stiff but it feels broken in. I’m impressed.”

He smiled and gave a small bow, “Thank you. Have you decided on anything for me yet? Perhaps a single pink bow?”

She laughed, “No, not quite. You’d only get that if you put me in a muggle bathing suit or something. You put some thought into this outfit even if those thoughts were kinky so I’ll return the favor.” She went to the door and called a maid, “Bring one of the swords from the antiques room and its scabbard.”

“Yes, miss,” the servant said and hurried off.

Daphne turned back to Harry and smiled, “It will be the perfect accessory to round out your ensemble.” With a wave of her wand he was wearing a loincloth. Another wave added leather sandals and a third added a wide leather sword belt. She grinned, “I saw this on one of the covers of the books at Harrods and I thought of you.”

Harry smiled back, “I’m flattered that you think I look like one of those guys. I’m also glad you like the results of my exercise program but if you keep leaving me topless I may do the same for you.”

“You can if you wish to do so,” she said. “There’s no one in this house I’d be uncomfortable with seeing me topless. It might make a few of the older help uncomfortable but not me.”

Harry shook his head, “Nevermind.”

Soon the maid was back with a Roman gladius. Daphne took it and hung the scabbard from Harry’s sword belt.

“There,” she said. “Now we can go down to breakfast.”

When they got to breakfast Helene said, “I see you’ve been dressing each other again. Maybe I should try that with your uncle Anders.”

Daphne smiled, “It’s surprisingly fun.”

After breakfast Harry steered them to the library. When she saw him looking up laws still applying to ancient houses she said, “It will probably be faster just to ask me. If I don’t know I wager either dad or mum does.”

Harry sighed and closed the book he was reading, “Fine. It would probably take too long to do it by myself anyway.” He smiled, “I’ve gotten far too used to having Hermione around to help with the research.”

She smirked, “If she was here she’d be complaining about your bare chest again. Now spill, what was your idea?”

“Bounty hunters basically,” Harry said. “They probably don’t count as the ‘by my hand’ part of the prophecy so I’ll still need to deal with moldyshorts personally but they can certainly whittle down his support structure if not remove it entirely.”

She blinked in surprise then considered. “Well they are criminals,” she murmured. “Placing a bounty on their heads would be legal if we did it through the ministry. Fudge would never have agreed but the new minister should be more amenable. Especially since you’ll be fronting the money.” She nodded, half to herself, “It’s doable. I’d want to see the letter you write to the minister before you send it and we should orchestrate payment through the same fund manager that’s handling the portkeys, it’ll make it easier for people to accept. How much were you planning to pay?”

“I’d be happy to get your input on the letter,” Harry said. “I was thinking that if people were willing to enter the Triwizard for a thousand galleons and a trophy, ten thousand a head should be more than enough to get them hunting death eaters. Lastly, I agree with asking our portkey fund manager if he’ll oversee this as well.” He kissed Daphne on the cheek and said, “Thank you, you helped a lot.”

She got out paper and a fountain pen, “I got this pen on our last trip to that wonderful store. Now let’s start drafting that letter, no time like the present.”

Harry smiled, “Yes, dear.” As soon as they agreed on wording Harry wrote it out neatly and they sent if off to the new minister. Then they made out until lunch.

After lunch they went over to visit Tracey for the final dress fitting.

“Oh look, it’s Conan the Barbarian,” Hermione said when she saw him. “Do you let her dress you a lot or only when it will embarrass me?”

“Why would how I’m dressed embarrass you?” Harry asked puzzled.

“Maybe the sight of your manly chest stirs feelings deep within that she’s embarrassed to have in front of your girlfriend?” Tracey said grinning. “Or maybe it’s because it reminds her that you’ll be seeing her topless as well today?”

“Seriously Daphne,” Hermione said. “That thing just barely covers his bits and leaves no doubt as to how much he has behind it. Don’t you care what other girls see?”

“Not really,” Daphne replied. “As long as only I get to touch. Besides you’re a bridesmaid and a good friend. It’s not like you’re going to try something.”

“Of course not!” Hermione said. “It’s just not proper for him to lounge about like that.”

Harry smiled, “I’m not a proper sort of guy Hermione. I used to try to be but it never went very well so now I don’t bother.”

Hermione frowned and crossed her arms and looked like she was about to start a rant. However just then the dress designer and her assistants came in so she swallowed it and with a sigh got undressed so she could try on the strapless gown that she and Daphne were wearing as bridesmaids.

While the assistants were checking the fit of her dress the designer came over to Daphne, “I think I’ve found a pair of shoes that should fit you.” Daphne looked skeptical but took them and sat next to Harry to try them on.

Harry asked, “Why not just enlarge them with a spell if they are too small?”

The woman scoffed, “Perhaps for normal shoes that would do but my creations are proportionate! If you expand them they do not look as good.” She turned to Daphne, “Now do those fit miss?”

“Yes, actually,” Daphne said. “They do fit properly and I bet they’d look quite nice with the dress.” Daphne stood and changed into the dress with the woman’s help then conjured a floor length mirror with a wave of her wand. “What do you think Harry?”

“I think you look extraordinarily lovely dear,” Harry said.

She snorted, “You say that no matter what I wear.”

Harry smiled and said, “That’s because it’s always true.”

The assistants all made little sighs at hearing that and the designer smiled, “So we’ve decided on those shoes for the wedding?”

Daphne nodded and the woman smiled, “Excellent! Now I shall go and finish fitting the bride. Please take off that dress and those shoes and lay them carefully in that wardrobe. I shall put them under a stasis charm before I leave so they remain pristine until you wear them.” After doing so the woman hurried over to Tracey to do the final fitting of the bride.

The assistants led Hermione over to Harry and Daphne and added her dress and shoes to the wardrobe under stasis charm as well. She seem to look around for something then sighed and sat next to Daphne on the couch.

Harry said, “Come to lounge with us improper sorts have you? At least you are dressed the part.”

Daphne slapped his bare chest with the back of one hand, “Be nice dear. The assistants passed her old clothes off to a servant while they were fitting her so she’s stuck like that until they come back with her clothes or she conjures some and not all witches have enough power to use some for trivial purposes.”

“Actually I have the power,” Hermione said. “I’m just pants at conjuration. If I tried to conjure clothes they’d either look wrong, feel wrong, or fall apart.” She cross her arms over her chest and raised her voice, “I think you should have a warning sign on your house Tracey. Beware if you enter you will likely be seen half naked at some point and be teased by half naked men who say you’re their friend but stare at your bits every chance they get.”

Tracey laughed, “Alright, that sounds fair. Does this mean you’ll stop coming over?”

“I’ll be here for the wedding,” Hermione replied. “No promises after that. Maybe afterward we should meet at my house. You could learn more about the non-magical world works and I could stay dressed.”

“I might take you up on that,” Tracey said. “Obviously there’s a lot we’re not taught about that world. Maybe this summer after we save the world from Moldyshorts?”

“Best time for it,” Hermione agreed. “You can use my pool if you promise to actual wear something while swimming. We can go out to see movies and plays and shop in different stores. I missed out on the last shopping trip you know.”

“Well you’re certainly welcome next time,” Daphne said. Taking up the thread of conversation while Tracey spoke to the designer. “Of course if you keep hanging out with us Harry will be there and since I’ve managed to break him out of that horrible shyness he will be acting a little differently. Can you handle that? Without going all loud and judgmental?”

“Well of course!” Hermione said. “Harry knows when I mean it and when I’m just frustrated.”

Harry nodded, “Yup! I do. I’m sure Hermione knows that I was just teasing. I’ll be happy to come visit you this summer as well Hermione. I think we can get the world saving thing done this coming semester and get on with living the rest of our lives.”

Hermione smiled, “Finished before seventh year? That would be lovely. I’m not sure I’d know what to do with a quiet year but I’m certainly willing to find out.”

“Me too!” Harry enthusiastically agreed.
Sign up to rate and review this story