Categories > Games > Halo > Fate Twister Original

Chapter 7

by sgtlegendkiller 0 reviews

*Origin Post Date 1/5/2011*

Category: Halo - Rating: G - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2015-04-20 - 1528 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 7- Arcadia

(A note: this chapter has the first Point of View switch in Fate Twister- it is only for the end of this chapter though.)

Destination: UNSC Stealth Frigate, the Audience of One

Subject: Everything I've Said

Sent from: Unknown, Sender: Unknown

Processing

Date: February 9th, 2531

From: Don

Playing Message

Sorran, I'm sorry but I don't have much time. Mike and I had found a way in, we took that chance. With this little time I can afford, I need you to do something: I need you to get to Arcadia.

What is important is that there will be a Covenant flagship that is going to jump away after the battle- I need you to follow it and wait for me. It is important to stay hidden though- but we will be there.

Sorran- our lives are depending on you.

End Message- Deleted- Memory Formatted

I had found a way to send a slip space message by using a modified data pad that I found. Although I had to add some 'legit' computer parts from my now dead Jackal 'friends'.

I hated the Kig`Yar, their slang name suits them; they are really nothing more than a pack of Jackals. They make problems with everything- Chain of command- Obedience. They steal, gamble, cheat- the way they kill when not under supervision is just flat-out cruel. I've heard cases where Jackals have ripped Marines apart- then eat them. I guess that's why the jails are full of them.

The Brutes are even worse; I can at least enjoy some of the Combat Jackals, the Skirmishers.

The Brutes have a bloody history with the Sangheili, its complete hatred. There are constant conflict and the Brutes 99% of the time start things.

The Unggoy, as the lowest of the Covenant's caste system, are just simply known as Grunts. In my personal opinion they get more crap than they deserve, and of course the Jackals abuse their ranks and shove the Unggoy around.

Now I've never really had experience with the Mgalekgolo, but they make me nervous when they are around. Now Hunters- im just glad to be on their good sides. I have no idea how a 'can of worms' with a cannon can be so effective- let alone be 12 feet tall.

I've spent most of the last five years with my 'brother' Sangheili. I don't hate any Sangheili- no take that back- I hate the Commander/now Arbiter, Ripa `Moranee. I remember Halo Wars quite well, and Ripa was just as he was in the game- an asshole.

I have started to question the 'Tron' theory of getting sucked into the game. I think this for many reasons. One, because if this was a game- we would be on a 'rail'. Time wouldn't last long and we would be skipped to the next level. Supporting that is the fact that there was never a game that took place between 2525 and 2530.

Well Ripa was a complete jackass. He is unsatisfied with everything- he's hit his second in command as he was informing Ripa of a victory. He is the most disturbing Sangheili I've ever seen. He stands at about a foot taller then the average Sangheili and just meeting his gaze is said to be enough to scare a Hunter.

"D`rok! By the gods get up!" Sig called out to me from outside my door

"Aright!" I said, adding a groan, to make it seem as if I had been asleep.

I took a moment to hide the data pad and stepped out of my small single person room.

"Good morning sir!" a seemingly happy Sig said.

I 'stumbled' away from Sig as if blown back by something.

"Must you save your morning burst for me?" I joked.

This is a joke between Sig and me: his 'morning burst' is just how he is so awake in the morning hours. We joke that it has the power to knock people over.

Sig laughed.

"Well Sig," I paused. "Good morning."

There was a long pause.

Sig looked back at me with a serious face.

"D`rok, you are normally a man of few words, but you are overly quiet- are you bothered by something?"

I sighed, as I spoke.

"Sig... in the next few days I fear that many of our brothers will fall," I explained solemnly.

He put a hand on my shoulder.

"I do not doubt you. You have always had similar prior feelings that have been true."

I didn't know exactly he meant...

"Thank you, my friend."

Sig turned away as my good Unggoy friend, Jar Meh, entered the barracks.

"Me happy to see you sir!" Jar exclaimed.

"Good morning Jar," I greeted him as we started to walk down to the armory, what we did every morning.

After that we went to the mess hall and ate. I noticed that Mike entered in the other side and sat alone.

"Maybe I should try again today," I mumbled to my self

"Sir? why does Kan hate you so much?" Jar asked me.

"We had fought long ago- I almost killed him," I explained, sighing.

"Me think times heal scars- maybe he forget!"

The PA system kicked on, some Sangheili was ordered, and Sig stood up.

"All SpecOp Sangheili are to report to Drop pod bays, and everyone else to drop ships." He informed me.

I stood and walked over to Mike.

"Come on- we got to get to our drop pods," I told him.

He gave me a glare then started off towards the armory. There was a mad scramble to get weapons and gears.

I managed to get to my pod; I crossed my arms as the ship lurched to a halt.

R`tas ordered some things then came over to me.

"D`rok, I'm flying down on a Phantom- you are in charge until I get down there," he informed me.

I nodded, and then crossed my arms across my chest as the Metal coffin closed. For about 10 seconds it was calm.

The sound of pods being launched rang out just before mine was shot from the ship.

I hated the shaky rough ride of the atmosphere, but flying through space was always peaceful.

There was a jarring lurch as my pod entered the atmosphere. The pod landed hard and the impact reverberated inside my head. I readied myself for the hell that awaited me.

There was a sharp hiss of air as the front of the drop pod ejected from the casing. Grabbing my Spiker and hopping out quickly I found that the area was clear.

I had landed, along with two other SpecOp minors, in a construction site a few miles out of a city.

"Sir!" the two Minors saluted me, two little green dots appeared on my HUD along with two orange ones. The green were these two, and the orange was Mike and Sig- they weren't present, but alive.

There were a few civilians, which I ordered the Minors not to attack. When one asked why I told him it was not honorable to kill unarmed men, women and children- that is how Brutes kill.

We found a Spectre and I got the little arrows pointing to Mike and Sig- they were about two miles away. Hopping into the drivers' seat I drove the Spectre towards the arrows.

(point of view: Mike 'Kan Retaree—minutes later)

"Sig, keep a look out for D`rok. I want to make sure the bastard doesn't turn tail and run!" I ordered Sig.

"Would D`rok do that?' he asked

As fate would have it, a Spectre stops near us and none other than D`rok gets out.

"Sorry I'm late for the party" he apologized- I'm sure its someone else's fault.

"What ever D`rok, you've had your 'spectacular' entrance- now don't get us killed." I snarled back.

He sighed.

"Thank you for those kind words" he said sarcastically I rolled my eyes and turned to Sig.

"Kan- I need you to go up on that hill and tell me where the best entrance to the city is." Don ordered me.

"Good! Anything to get away from you" I muttered quietly to myself as I pulled the Type-31 Rifle from my back. I bounded quickly up the hill.

The type 31, or known as the Needle Rifle, is light for a ranged weapon; I can peg someone in the head at 1000 yards.

I didn't like to kill my own kind- no I can't call them that anymore. I've been my new self for too long to even consider the thought that I might still be a little bit human- there is none.

I made it to the top of the hill. Standing, looking through the scope, I scanned the edges of the city.

"Why do I do this?" I asked my self as I lowered my gun. "Why am I going to do this! Betraying my own-"

There were heavy footsteps running up behind me.

I turned just in time to see a mass of green armor and a gold visor barreling towards me.

The only thought I had: I wish Don was here.
Sign up to rate and review this story