Categories > Games > Halo > Fate Twister Original

Chapter 8

by sgtlegendkiller 0 reviews

*Origin Post Date: 1/13/2011*

Category: Halo - Rating: G - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2015-04-24 - Updated: 2015-04-24 - 1098 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 8: The SPARTAN

A: I am just clarifying that this is currently 2531 in the story, the SPARTAN III were not even being trained at hat time- so it is a SPARTAN II.

I watched several rounds from a needle rifle bolt off into the air; they were getting shot off from the top of the hill.

Before I could think I heard Mike yell my name- my real name, not my Covie one. I didn't even think- I just ran. I sprinted as fast as my legs would allow up the hill.

I prayed that I would still be alive at the top of the hill. I knew that the longer I took, whatever he was fighting would get closer to killing him.

I found Mike, along with something I feared meeting, a SPARTAN. The SPARTAN was beating down Mike and at the same time holding him down.

I quickly ran over and shoved the SPARTAN off of my friend. I grabbed hold of the SPARTAN and attempted to hold it down.

"STOP!" I yelled at the faceless gold visor.

My response was a swift kick to the gut. I stumbled back and once I got my footing, I looked up and was surprised to see that the SPARTAN was gone.

I got my Spiker and quickly realized that Mike was gone as well.

"Maybe he ran away" I assured my self that Mike was ok. I would prefer that I would die before him.

"Mike!" I called out; I got no response, which stopped my heart beats cold

Looking around I saw Mike, or who I thought was Mike, walking on the other side of a strip of trees and underbrush.

{It was no dream… It was a warning}

Quickly I dashed through the shrubs and quickly ducked behind a rock when I caught a glance of the SPARTAN. After waiting a few moments, I carefully stepped out from my cover.

I took a few steps then stopped- I knew this place, it was al too horribly familiar. In front of me lay the small creek and the drop-off from my dream.

My hearts sank as I heard a sound that terrified me- heavy footsteps behind me.

I couldn't turn fast enough to stop the SPARTAN's fist from swinging around to my gut. I could feel almost no pain as the SPARTAN's punch broke a few of my ribs and in the same process, stole the air from my lungs.

I fell to my side and without skipping a beat, the SPARTAN kicked up at my head with such force that my mandible guards got crunched and stuck to gather, and removing my helmet.

I dropped my gun and as if magic, the SPARTAN pulled out a knife.

To my misfortune, the SPARTAN took no time to prepare- but plunged the knife down to my head. I wish I had been able to move my head farther, because that knife left a gash crossed my right eye.

I screamed in pain and fruitlessly tried to free my hand to core my face.

Because of my dwindling amount of luck, I could still see out of that eye- but my vision from that eye was blocked out by a dark purple haze- my blood.

The SPARTAN raised the knife once more and held my head in place.

Next, all I saw was a tall figure come up behind the SPARTAN, I heard an energy dagger activate and a yelp from the SPARTAN. The Spartan stood and my hand shot to up my face.

I heard my Spiker fire and then a loud crunch sound- followed by a body falling.

I dreaded looking to see who it was.

"Don, get up" it was Mike- he was alive.

I looked up to see mike- with his hand extended. I took his hand and he helped me up. Once up I reacted my hand back up to my face, the gash was bleeding furiously and it hurt like a bitch to

my touch. I wasn't surprised to find my hand covered in my purple blood.

There was a gasping sound from the SPARTAN- it was lying on its back- struggling to remove its helmet. I stood speechless, trying to soak in what happened.

"Don…" I looked at Mike as he spoke; he stood clutching his side, and in his free hand was my Spiker. The barrel was red hot and the blades were saturated in red blood.

I felt responsible for all of this. I moved slowly towards the SPARTAN, three times it tried to grab its side arm, but I tried desperately to reassure the SPARTAN I meant no harm.

The SPARTAN didn't flinch when I laid my hand on its chest plate. I took its helmet off and set it on the ground.

I had forgotten the horrible things that were involved with the SPARTAN project- the SPARTAN was a young girl.

She coughed up blood.

I couldn't think of what to do- I never planned on meeting a SPARTAN

"Who are you?" she asked so weakly that it was almost inaudible

My mandibles opened to speak- but stopped as a drop of my blood dripped onto her chest plate that was already covered in her blood. It made mine look like a single black spot in a vast white canvas.

"I- I don't know anymore" I told her sadly

She spat out more blood

"Nobody does" she chuckled weakly.

Then, just like blowing out a candle, she went limp- all of her life slipped away in front of my eyes.

With a sorrowful sigh, I closed her innocent brown eyes.

I stood with my eyes closed. I opened them, looked at the sky, and yelled- roared at the top of my lungs.

Mikes hand fell on my shoulder

"Don- I had too- im so sorry" Mike apologized with a hint of caution

"I know Mike- but she is in a better place" I came back to peace with this realization.

I needed to do something however.

I went back to her and ripped her dog tags off. I took her helmet, the tags, and my Spiker next to her.

I stuck my Spiker's blades into the ground, strung her dog tags from the trigger. I took a second to examine her helmet- with a sigh, I then placed it helmet over the handle.

I stood

"Mike- how long till the R`tas arrives?" I asked

"I'd give him about 5 minutes"

"All right- let's go meet him" I told him as I started walking next to my old friend.
Sign up to rate and review this story