Categories > Games > Halo > Fate Twister Original

Chapter 9

by sgtlegendkiller 0 reviews

*Origin Post Date: 2/3/2011*

Category: Halo - Rating: G - Genres: Sci-fi - Published: 2015-04-24 - Updated: 2015-04-24 - 657 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter 9 Change of Plans

After a long, slow walk, Mike and I made it back to Sig, the two minors that I was with earlier were with him.

"Sir? What happened to you?" Sig asked me frantically.

"I have slain a demon' I simply explained. "Demon", the word used for SPARTAN in the Covenant.

At this, both of the Minors saluted me, as if what I did was an honorable act.

Before any thing else, several Phantoms lowered to the ground near by, and so there was a wave of troops pouring out of them. All of us were soon engulfed by seemingly endless flow of ready to kill warriors.

Warriors? No, a warrior protects the weak and his country. What the Covenant was doing was Genocide. Imaging the Holocaust, but a thousand times larger.

In the midst, R`tas managed to make it to us through the moving crowd.

"I have some unfortunate news" R`tas said in a tone someone might pass as annoyance, or maybe frustration.

He continued

"our SpecOp team has been reassigned to another ship." I recognized his tone now: it was defiantly annoyance.

"only three of us can go however, I am sorry Sig, but you will have to find another team."

Sig looked shocked, maybe even hurt.

R`tas continued

"the prophet of Restraint couldn't convince the Arbiter any further. Since you are a minor, you will sta-"

"stop Rtas" I cut him off "I will stay, take the minor"

Sig's head lifted up and he looked at me strangely, and I knew why.

"I will put my self forward in place of him; he has a purpose in his future. It is best for him to stay with you" I explained

Normally, like 99%, of Sangheili look down on those who are of lower rank. They even will use them for their own preservation. I have learned that a best leader is one who puts him self before his followers.

Mike looked shocked as well, and R`tas looked confused.

"I will honor your decision." R`tas informed me with a great amount of respect

"then if this is your choice, you need to board that phantom and get back up to the ship" R`tas pointed.

I turned and walked to the Phantom. Once there I turned back to see the faces of my now former team.

I could feel Mike's gaze as I stepped into the gravity lift… as I lifted up into my certain demise.

I sat there on the seemingly long trip to the ship. I sat crying silently and watched my tears, mixed with my blood, drip from my face.

I was confused, enough to completely ignore all the stares of fellow Sangheili unlucky enough to be going to a most certain death.

I was happy Mike might survive… but why did I exchange my life for someone else. Yes, Sig and I were friends, but only till recently it felt fictional, I guess because of what the Covenant stand for. Until recently we had a few fights, all won by me of course, but they were pointless.

Once back on board I slowly made it back to my quarters. I was congratulated by several Sangheili, some Unggoy, and even a Brute. I did not share the same feeling as the rest however, what I did was not what I live for. I was trained to save and to help, not to destroy. Well yes to destroy, but not like this.

Once at my quarters, I spent awhile cleaning my cut. I was not surprised to see, once it was clear and the bleeding stopped, that it was fairly deep. It would scar, and I was amazed that I could still se out of that eye.

I laid down on me bunk and stared blankly at the ceiling.

What bothered me: that SARTAN has left me marked; I now bear the mark of my sin.
Sign up to rate and review this story