Categories > Anime/Manga > Attack on Titan > Freedoms Cost

The Gambling Man

by Piper5 0 reviews

"What can I say? I'm a gambling man"

Category: Attack on Titan - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2015-04-21 - 844 words

0Unrated
100 years ago humanity became aware of the supernatural, from demons to werewolves to vampires. Every monster you thought may be real under you're bed as a child existed. Humanity may have been able to live at piece with the supernatural but no one found out as one of the supernaturals acted out, attacking humanity intill they were almost drove to exstinction.

Vampires.

Humanity feared the nights.

Everyone had stakes as protection though it only gave a feeling of saftey nothing else. Only the most skilled soldiers were able to put down vampires with only a stake.

Every day people went on their bussiness, laughing, playing, hope shined in their eyes...

Then night came.

Most humans were save in their houses, no one went out at night any more.

Unless you lived in the streets.

Or had no home to call you're own, as it was like with lots of the population who couldn't afford shelter, at night they were easy pickings.

Thats were the Military Police came in, it was their job to take shifts and protect any civilians they out on the streets at night, though it was ofton said they were corrupt and didn't do their job probably, only seeming to save house owners who somehow ended up on the street at night or noble men and women, many of the poorer people ignored and left to die.

The garrision were the look outs. It was their job to report any suspisios behavior in the night and day as everyone knew...Vampires lived among them.

The Scouts were the hunters, who the public view on them were, they were sucidal, they would actevly go out and look for vampire nests and destroy them. Beliving once vampire species was extinct only then piece would return.

The other supernaturals were generally ignored.

It was a thin relationship.

More like humanity just trying to forget the other supernaturals were there. Vampires were their priority.

It was a, if you don't attack us we won't attack you sitation.

Just pretend you're human, fit into human society and we won't do anything drastic.

Many supernaturals who had revialed themselves were in prison or beaton to death, the public scared of them.

So if a student started disaparing once a month, everyone would think...Werewolf...

But it was expected to turn a blind eye, as long as the student pretended they were human and never ever admitted they were a supernatural even though everyone knew, the humans would ignore it.

The moon lit in the sky as it reflected from the window of the Survey Corps base. Commander Erwin Smith sat down with his most trusted soldiers, Hange Zoe and Mike Zacharius sat in Erwins office.

Pictures of a short young man with raven black hair were arranged in a neat pile. Mike held one of the pictures, a frown on his face.

"You sure this is the one she told you about?" Mike asked, unimpressed.

"I saw him take down a man two times his size with ease, I'm pretty sure" Erwin replied confindently.

Mike raised his eyebrows, more interested now.

Hange said, lowering her voice "So...do you actaully want him or...?"

Erwin responded with a sly smile.

"Where is he?" Hage asked.

Erwin clicked his tong, for the first time looking uncomfortible "He lives in the Underground city"

Hange's eyes widened while Mike eyes narrowed.

Only the lowest of human scum lived in those parts, it was full of crinimals and murderers.

Many years ago it was were all the criminals were chucked, the ones who the goverment had felt that a capital punishment was to soft.

Let them starve, never to see the light again.

Though suprisingly the underground city grow, familes born there and for food the city indulged in the black market.

Then the vampire plague broke out and the goverment had to put all its efforts into stopping the extinction of humanity to care or worry about the underground city or what happened to its people.

No one really went down there.

So no one even knew how they had handled the supernatural or the vampire problem.

It could be over run by vampires for all everybody knew.

Though Ewin knew this wouldn't be the case.

Vampires enjoyed clean healthy blood.

What the scum in the underground city tasted like...? He shuddered to think.

"So we're going there" Hange said slowly, not liking it one bit.

Erwin nodded grimly.

"Look are you sure about this one? What did she tell you about him that made you look for him anyway?" Mike asked warningly but also curious.

Erwin glanced at the door, listerning to see if any human was in eves dropping distance before he said slowly "She said he could be my greatest enemy or my greatest ally"

Hange and Mike's mouths fell open in shock.

"And you want him? Are you serious?" Hange yelped.

Erwin leaned backwards into his chair and said, his eyes full of mysterious light, a small dark smile "What can I say? I'm a gambling man"
Sign up to rate and review this story