Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Cartoons and Cereal

Cartoons and Cereal

by WestCoastLolita 1 review

Hera moves in next to the Way's and find comfort in a young and troubled Gerard.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2015-07-10 - 1103 words

1Insightful
I was fifteen years old when we moved. My mother had finally gotten the nerve to leave my father. We were free, but that didn't stop my mother from falling into a deep depression. She would drink heavily and cry. A couple times she climbed into my bed to sleep with me. Mumbling incoherently about how I was her best friend, and we only needed each other. When she wasn't drinking, she was working, and when she was working I was left alone.

Alone. Something I loved and hated all at the same time.

Most of the time I stayed locked in my room. I would draw, read or do my homework. My room was my sanctuary. It was summertime which meant when mom was gone, so was I. I remember how excited I was to be out and about after dark. I walked to the park, where it seemed all the rebel kids hung out at night. A group of boys were lounging against the rec building smoking cigarettes.

"Shouldn't you be a home with your mommy?" The short one remarked laughing. The others laughed with him except for the tall one. He just smoked his cigarette.

"N-no," I stammered taking a deep breath. "because she's at your housing fucking yours!" I shot back. The tall one laughed.

"Fuck you!" The short one hissed stepping up to me. I reflexively stepped back.

"Frank hop off it. You started the shit she just finished it," the tall one said taking a drag. "I'm Gerard, that's Frank, this is my brother Mikey, and his best friend Ray. You got a name kid?"

"Hera," I squeaked nervously. Gerard motions for me to come over to him, he moves over a little. I stand next to him feeling happy to be included in a group.

"So how old are you Hera?" Mikey asks, I blush hesitating a little.

"Fifteen," I reply quietly. They all started laughing, I blushed even more, then glared at them. "fuck you guys!" I started to leave but Gerard grabbed my arm.

"Chill sugar, we're not laughing at you. We're laughing because Frank is still the youngest. He's 14. I'm 17, so is Ray and Mikey is 15 as well." Gerard clarifies taking a drag of his cigarette. Gerard had messy black hair that was a striking contrast against his pale skin, and hazel-honey coloured eyes. He was beautiful. I blushed. "You smoke?"

I shook my head. Gerard handed me his cigarette, I took a small drag and instantly started coughing.

"That's cough cough horrible!" I sputtered handing it back. Gerard chuckled.

"You gotta cough to get off," he remarked smoothly.

"You got that off of TV!" Ray said skeptically. The boys laughed as Gerard blushed grinning sheepishly. I couldn't help giggle.

"So, where are you from Hera?" Frank asked. "You're defiantly not from here."

"Uh, my mom and I just moved from Chicago." I said.

"That's a long way to move. What's the reason?" Gerard asked.

"My folks split," I said. "My mom came home and my dad was in bed with another woman." An uncomfortable silence fell over the group.

"What a bastard," Gerard said calmly flicking his cigarette away. We all nodded in agreeance. "Frank is your mom working tonight?"

"No, something about wanting to be home with me more." Frank scoffed.

"M-my mom is at work." I stammered awkwardly.Gerard flashed a million dollar smile that made me blush.

"Party at Hera's." He purred looking at me.

*

"This is it." I stated as we walked up to the Victorian style house.

"You're the one who bought the dollhouse?" Gerard exclaimed. I looked at him puzzled.

"I guess so." I answered slowly.

"We live next door." He stated with a smirk. My heart started racing. He lives next door; does that mean I'll get to see him all the time?

That would be amazing. I thought to myself.

"So where's the liquor cabinet?" Gerard asked as we headed inside. We found the liquor cabinet in the living room. Gerard pulled a bottle of vodka from the cabinet and then we headed up to my room.

Gerard took a swig before passing it to Ray. The bottle was passed around the room until it was empty and we were all drunk. Frank took an unlabeled CD out of his backpack and put it in the stereo. Loud garage metal started playing. The man in the song was singing about wanting to see someone scream. I liked it. The boys were thrashing their heads to the music imitating different parts of the song. I was just enjoying the show.

We carried on this way into the early hours of the morning, stealing another bottle of vodka and listening to angry rock music. Gerard was so theatrical with his imitations, like he was imagining himself on a stage performing all the songs. He mouthed the words to every song that played, showing that he'd listened to these songs countless time before. He was like a dark angel.

The sun was creeping over the horizon by the time everyone decided to leave. My head was fuzzy and I was exhausted. Gerard lagged behind a little as everyone filed out the door and ran in different directions towards their homes.

"You know, you're alright for a girl." Gerard said. I blushed.

"Thanksss Gerard," I slurred drunkenly. What're we gonna do 'bout my mum's li-core." Gerard chuckled.

"Don't worry about it sugar, I'll replace it. I have a guy." He said as he started to leave. I watched him light a cigarette and head towards his house.

"Welcome to the neighborhood." He called back. "I'm glad you're here."

Once I got settled into my bed, my dreams were filled with a dark haired figure with beautiful hazel eyes. It wasn't very long until my mother came into my room to wake me up.

"Sweetheart, you look awful." She said touching my forehead for a temperature.

"I don't feel very well, I think it's the flu." I lied knowing full well, that it wasn't the flu.

"Alright baby. Why don't you go watch some cartoons, I'll make you a bowl of cereal." She said leaving my room. "By the way, one of my co-workers warned me about the two boys that live next door. Apparently the older one is a bad influence on the other children, I don't want you around them Hera. Do you understand?"

My heart pounded in my chest as I replied. "Yes mother."




*Alright here's the first chapter. I hope you guys enjoy. Please don't be too hard on me. It's my first story. Thanks!*
Sign up to rate and review this story