Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Saber of Konoha

Chapter 2: The Academy and some new friends

by Naru-Mandoraekon01 1 review

Jiraiya introduces Altria and Minato to their new Academy Class and they show what they have learned, while making friends and enemies alike.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Crossover,Fantasy - Characters: Jiraiya,Sandaime,Yondaime - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2015-07-20 - 4299 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2: The Academy and some new friends
Hey guys, Naru-Mandoraekon01 here. I just wanted to put out for those of you who were confused after the first chapter, the reincarnation of Lancer will not have his phantasms. That only works for the Namikaze family, he’ll have a seal enhanced spear though if it makes you feel better.
In this chapter, I will be introducing Kushina, Mikoto and a few other major peeps. I will either do the time skip in this chapter or next because I really don’t want to deal with writing about the Academy.
I hope you enjoy.
I don’t own Naruto or Fate/Stay Night

Week Later; Konoha Academy

Jiraiya sighed as he walked both of the twins to the academy with Minato brimming with excitement and Altria hiding meekly behind her twin at the sight of all the people staring at Jiraiya and them in curiosity; the man could already feel several whispers about the two being his long lost love children from his perverted escapades happening around him… He was glad Tsunade wasn’t here. "Ero-sennin, do you think we’ll learn any cool jutsu in the Academy?"
"I'm sure you will Minato-kun," Jiraiya smiled as he ruffled the short blond’s hair. "All of the other kids your age entered before now, so they'll have a leg up on you."
"Not for long!" The excitable blond exclaimed pumping his fist in the air, "You said the Taijutsu you taught me is close to B-rank, so I'm stronger than they are, right?"
Jiraiya just chuckled as he shook his head at his miniature student, "Hold your horses, Gaki," he reached down and ruffled Minato’s already messy blond hair, patting Altria’s head lightly as he looked at the two of them in a stern voice. "You know that all of the clans have their own special techniques. Just because you can use a high level Taijutsu doesn't mean you'll be stronger than a Hyuuga, an Akimichi or an Uchiha."
"But Dai-san doesn’t use ninjutsu or genjutsu, all he uses is Taijutsu," Minato argued as he motioned to the passing Youth loving man.
Jiraiya just chuckled as he waved to the eternal genin who was currently telling his new girlfriend about the wonders of Youth, "That's because he can't. There are always special cases in our line of work, Minato. Dai-san is a perfect example of one, he has a disease that renders his chakra coils unable to produce the amount of chakra needed for Ninjutsu or Genjutsu, so he relies solely on Taijutsu."
"Don't worry though kiddo," the older man said as he smiled down at Altria who decided to cling to his leg as she hid from the passing Danzo, not that he blamed her, the man was creepy when he gave you the ‘I will dissect you and corrupt your mind for my purposes’ stare. "My style of Taijutsu is a mixture of what I learned from Sarutobi-sensei and a Hermit named Iroh. Iroh’s techniques were so devastating on their own that he was feared throughout the Elemental Nations as the Dragon of the West, the only person besides the Three Sannin all together that could take on Hanzo the Salamander and win; though it wasn’t only his Taijutsu but his insanely powerful Fire and Lightning Chakra Natures, and massive chakra levels."
"REALLY?!" Minato exclaimed, hyper now that he had learned such a powerful fighting style.
Jiraiya just chuckled and shook his head as the three of them walked into the school building, and her brother’s enthusiasm managed to put a smile on Altria’s face as they walked down the halls to the twin’s new classroom.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Ikkotsu Uchiha was a man of few words unless he was teaching and he didn't know it yet, but his day was about to get much more interesting as he prepared to quiz his class on the different things they had learned over the last month. "Alright you annoying little monsters, it's time for a pop quiz!"
"AW!" The Uchiha smiled sadistically as most of the class groaned at his announcement, led by a young red haired girl with a chubby, tomato shaped face and an Inuzuka girl near the front row. They had been making his life hell since he began teaching three months ago and he fully intended to return the favor, especially to Tsume Inuzuka, the Inuzuka clan Heiress, and her two friends Yoshino Nara and Kushina Uzumaki, the Princess of the now fallen Uzushio who was the prime candidate to seal the Kyuubi into since Lady Mito didn’t have long to live.
"Come on, you want to be shinobi, don't you?" He grinned while looking around the room and his gaze settling on his favorite student so far, "Mikoto-chan, why don't we start with you?"
"Hai, Ikkotsu-Sensei!" A small girl in a black qipao battle dress piped up as she hopped up from her seat.
"Let's get started with the Henge," Ikkotsu said with an Uchiha smile, "And no mistakes like last time, eh Mikoto-chan?"
Mikoto ended up blushing and glared over at her rival’s, Kushina, direction where she looked to be consorting with a black haired young boy with quirky long hair that was combed backward in a rough fashion that had a single strand coming down over his face, "It was only one word Sensei and Kushina-baka wouldn’t stop shooting spitballs at me."
Ikkotsu snorted at her words, he already knew about that, "Hn."
"Okay lets do this!"
"Excuse me," a voice said from behind the door as a knock came, before it opened to reveal a white haired man with two small blond haired children behind him.
"J-J-J-Jiraiya-sama!" Ikkotsu yelped, surprised that such an influential person was in his classroom.
"Yo," the man said with a smile as he lifted a peace sign, "I take it you're the homeroom teacher for Minato-kun and Altria-chan? Ikkotsu Uchiha, right?"
"Um, yes, sir," the man stammered in an un-Uchiha-like fashion. "I didn't know you were coming today. I thought you'd be waiting a little longer to put Namikaze-san in the Academy."
"It’s ok, we had an incident last week that had my sensei decide to push up their enrollment." Jiraiya said, noticing the girl standing beside the teacher staring at the two kids behind him. "Oh, I'm not interrupting anything am I?"
"No, sir, just a little quiz as punishment for how they’ve been acting for the past few months," Ikkotsu said nervously, and he noticed the little blond boy peeking out from behind the large man in wonder at the classroom, "Is this Minato?"
“Hai,” Jiraiya said as he brought Minato from behind him along with prying Altria from his leg, ‘She has a very strong grip,’ He noted, making the teacher stare in confusion at the young girl. “And this is his twin sister Altria that joined Konoha a week ago after her village was destroyed by Iwa shinobi, she’s the reason Hiruzen-sensei moved up the time table.” Ikkotsu nodded as understanding dawned on his face, the only other time that had happened had been when he learned that his wife was pregnant with a boy, they already planned on naming him Obito after his late grandfather.
Ikkotsu nodded again as he looked down at Minato and Altria, "We'll have to test them since they are still a bit young. What can Minato and Altria do?"
"Well, Minato has a rare style of Taijutsu called Dragon’s Stance that I taught him the beginning portions of and he already knows the Academy three like the back of his hand," Jiraiya said. "With Altria on the other hand, I only just started her training since she joined us a week ago, though she was beginning to learn her family’s Flying Swallow style a couple of weeks before her village was attacked."
Ikkotsu chuckled, "Well, let's have you two introduce yourselves to the class and then we will all head out to the yard to see what kind of Ninjutsu and Taijutsu you two can do."
"Ok then. My name is Namikaze Minato, and my dream is to be the next Hokage!" Shouted the blond haired boy, standing in the middle of the silent classroom with his hand held straight above his head and his left hand planted on his hip like his mentor sometimes did when he was telling people his name. Only for a round faced girl with red hair that made her look like a tomato to burst out into laughter that could almost seem psychopathic, as she used the boy from earlier to steady herself, trying not to fall out of her seat.
“Hahaha… You H-Hokage…? Hahaha… Snort…” The redhead exclaimed with a snicker every couple of seconds. The laughter of course caused a raincloud to appear over the usually cheerful boy's head as he became depressed at the girl’s scathing retort to his dream.
"My name is Namikaze Altria, and… all I want is… a family." Came the timid, barely hearable voice from the boy’s younger twin sister as she hid partially behind her brother, not fully trusting of strangers after the attack made by Iwa on her home village.
"You go Altria-chan!" Shouted the same redhead that had put down Minato’s dream; she had instantly stopped laughing and flashed the blue eyed girl a bright grin and a thumbs up at hearing her dream; the raincloud above Minato's head now adding in a small typhoon and bolts of lightning and he huddled in the corner muttering about his sorry life much to the sweatdropping goodness of his senseis and classmates as Altria gave the brash girl a small, shy smile in thanks.
“Alright then class, lets go to the training field.” Ikkotsu said as he felt a twinge of being semi-sorry for the young boy… Before he ruthlessly crushed it like any proper Uchiha would.
The children gladly rose, happy to leave the pop quiz behind, and filed out of the room after the Chunin, and Sannin. Kushina and the boy with her moved close to Altria as they chatted with her about what the Academy was like and asked her about what she liked and everything, and how excited they were to have her here, being joined later on by a girl named Tsume after she got away from her flirting clanmate. The boy she found out was named Diarmuid Yuhi. Mikoto and most of the rest of the class ended up being close to her brother in an attempt to figure him out after hearing about him being a genius apprentice of Jiraiya.
Once in the school yard, Ikkotsu motioned for Minato to face him as they stepped into the sparring ring that was really only a square made of chalk and dirt. Minato eagerly stepped into the place opposite of his new sensei, ready to show off what Jiraiya had been teaching him since he took him from the orphanage and he began by rising on the balls of his feet, bouncing slightly to be prepared for an attack, and he brought his fists up close to his face, pointing the knuckles out.
"Alright, Namikaze-san, show us what you can do," Ikkotsu said as he took the Uchiha Interceptor stance.
Minato of course grinned and darted forward happy to be able to show off the fruit of his labor, he leapt up into the air and slammed his right leg into Ikkotsu’s outstretched arm, making the chunin widen his eyes at the power behind the small boy’s kick. The Uchiha pushed him back making him flip in the air and land lightly on his feet, already making several fangirls from the civilian girls in the crowd with his flexibility and agileness. Ikkotsu then rose to block another attack, though the boy’s kick was just a feint and he spun around the man’s guard before slamming his fist into the man’s side making him grunt.
Minato then used his momentum to jump over Ikkotsu and perform a falling drop kick, only to be grabbed at the last second by the man and thrown away. Minato dodged the Uchiha’s next strike, and ducked when Ikkotsu spun with a back kick that barely missed his head.
"Well done," Ikkotsu said as Minato pushed him back by landing a kick to his stomach. "That was very well done, I think we just found our new Rookie of the Year so far."
"So," Jiraiya said with a smirk as he ruffled the boy's hair when the hyperactive blond came down and then looked over at Ikkotsu, "What do you think?"
Ikkotsu smirked as he felt his tender side where the boy’s punch first hit him, he had really been surprised to feel such strength behind a nine year old’s attacks, "I have to admit that I'm impressed.” He said, “If he keeps it up, he’ll definitely be Rookie of the Year by the time they graduate."
Out of the crowd of children, Altria immediately moved forward and hugged her twin tight, getting ‘awws’ from the crowd around him as he hugged her back, "I’m glad you’re okay, Minato-Nii!"
“Aw how cute.” Came the sneering voice of a boy that looked like he was an Uchiha like Mikoto and Ikkotsu; he had short, black that reached his shoulders and had the same Onyx eyes as Mikoto and their sensei and had small tear-troughs beneath his eyes. The boy was wearing a simple black kimono shirt that had the Uchiha fan on the back with dark grey hakama pants that stopped just at the top of his blue shinobi sandals. Currently on his face was a sneer that told everyone that he thought himself to be above them all and he was staring coldly at Altria and Minato, making the younger of the two twins hide behind her brother for protection from what they both knew would be the class bully. “You two are pathetic, being all chummy like that. There is no place in the shinobi ranks for fools and weaklings!”
His words instantly got angered looks from Jiraiya, Kushina and Altria’s new friends. The boy was about to go on, when he felt a hand grasp his shoulder, making him look up to see his sensei’s frowning face. “That’s enough Fugaku, they are new here and you will treat them with respect.” The man said, “It doesn’t matter if you are the clan heir or not, I will not tolerate bullying in my classroom.”
Fugaku grunted with an annoyed look crossing his face as he shrugged his clansman's hand off of his shoulder, ‘I don’t care what you think failure, I am an Uchiha, I don’t have to abide by your rules.’
After having the timid Altria show them what she could do with her mother’s taijutsu and viewing the Ninjutsu taught to Minato by Jiraiya, the class went back inside and much to the displeasure of the students, Ikkotsu resumed the Pop Quiz, giving Altria and Minato a free pass since they were new and getting used to the Academy. Kushina, Diarmuid and Tsume sitting protectively on all sides of Altria to reassure her against the bastard Fugaku’s words and the four of them vowing to help each other train in becoming great shinobi later on.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Seven Hours Later
"How did Minato-kun and Altria-chan do on their first day at the academy?" Hiruzen asked as he looked up from the paperwork in front of him when Jiraiya leapt through the window. Jiraiya just gave a smile like he was a proud father as he stood across from the older man.
"They did great," the perverted Sannin said as he went over in his head where he would peep next. "The Taijutsu I taught Minato surprised the teacher and they think that he could be Rookie of the Year if he keeps up his training and Altria showed off her mother’s Flying Swallow style and they both made a couple friends, I saw Altria-chan making friends with the Uzumaki princess and the Inuzuka Heiress as well as Naraku Yuhi’s boy. Though they had a little trouble with the Uchiha Clan heir, Fugaku, I think it is. It appears that he is the bully of the class and he didn’t take too well to the mention of Minato being the Rookie of the Year."
“Hmm, I’ll have to talk to Hisanaka about her son at the next council meeting or if I see her before then.” Hiruzen said as he took a sip of the warm tea he had gotten before Jiraiya’s arrival. “I wish all the Uchiha would be more likeable, I really hate their contests of comparing the sticks up the asses with the Hyuga clan.”
Jiraiya gave a laugh at that.
"Also the Kazekage approached me about something earlier when he arrived for the treaty..."
"Oh? What is it?" Jiraiya asked as he looked at his mentor, he wondered what the young Sandaime of the Sand had to talk about with his sensei other than trade agreements, "Is it about Iwa?"
"No, but it is close," Hiruzen said with a sigh, it really looked like there was war on the horizon, "Several Kumo shinobi have been seen scouting their borders and there were reports from Kusa of several Kiri shinobi snooping around their land’s villages. He didn’t like the look of it since those two are longtime allies with Iwa and he had heard about the attacks made by Iwa ninja lately."
Jiraiya sighed, "What the hell are those idiots up to now? It’s bad enough that they destroyed Uzushio during the last war…”
"I haven't got a clue," Hiruzen muttered tiredly as he rubbed his aching temples, "It will most likely lead to the start of the Third Shinobi War if things keep up." The Monkey summoner said as he looked at his student who gained a look of utter seriousness at the mention of another continent wide war being initiated only seven years after the last one ended, "I reached an agreement with the Sandaime about waiting and seeing what they’re up to, but as a precaution, I am going to be sending Ryu and Neko’s units to scout Iwa and Kumo."
Jiraiya sighed, ‘I guess this means we need to recall Tsunade-hime from her expedition to Whirlpool to retrieve her great-uncle’s remains and Orochimaru from whatever the fuck he’s doing… I don’t understand that baka sometimes...’
“Ok then,” Jiraiya said after a moment of silence. “I’ll help by setting up a spy network that can be run by Tora while I teach Minato and Altria. Though we both know that if they are probing right now, the real conflict will be a few years off at the latest.”
Hiruzen nodded and turned to sign another form, “I’ll call for you when we have more information, until then have fun being a sensei.”

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Later that evening, Minato was sleeping quietly in his bed after the tiring training regiment that Jiraiya had given him when he got back from meeting his sensei. Altria however was currently with Kushina and Tsume at the Uzumaki-Senju compound learning new things about her friends and what they liked to do, even showing each other what they learned in terms of being a shinobi.
The young blonde had been awestruck when she met the old red haired woman that she found out was the Mito Uzumaki, actually passing out from shock at meeting such a legendary figure. After being woken up by Tsume and Kushina they had proceeded to listen to the old woman’s stories about her life and all the adventures she had as a young girl and later on as the Shodaime Hokage Hashirama Senju’s wife. The woman had even introduced her and Tsume to Fuinjutsu that had Kushina stick to the blonde like glue when she heard Altria comment on how it was extremely interesting.
After a while when everyone was falling asleep, Altria smiled up at the seal covered ceiling that made the ceiling transparent revealing the starlit sky above the house and closed her fist over the North Star when she found it, ‘I hope you’re watching Kaa-san.’ She thought, ‘I’m going to become a Kunoichi and I already made a lot of friends, I hope you’re proud of me Kaa-san.’
With that, the young girl fell asleep moving over to get closer to her two newest friends and share the warmth, not knowing that Jiraiya and Mito were staring at the three of them with small smiles gracing their faces.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

And Done. How did you guys like that chapter? I had thought of going into the full Academy life, but I got really bored and didn’t want to deal with writing that much considering my hand is hurting from all the typing I’ve done for my next chapters of a couple stories on my FF.net account.
Next chapter, I will be doing a time skip that will have the kids in their final year, most likely during the month of the graduation exam and all that. Minato will of course be the Rookie of the Year with Mikoto as the Kunoichi of the Year with Altria, Kushina and Diarmuid close behind with Tsume taking her son’s area around the middle.
Here are the teams and the Five Kages of the Great Villages at this point in time:

Team 4
Altria Namikaze- Kyuubi Jinchuuriki/Saber of Konoha- Wind/Water/Lightning Elements- Phantasm Kekkei Genkai- Ninjutsu/Kenjutsu Specialist- Broadsword, Armor, Kunai, Shuriken, Scrolls, Seals- Her Noble Phantasms: Avalon: The Ever Distant Utopia, EX, Barrier; Excalibur: Sword of Promised Victory, A++, Anti-Fortress; Invisible Air: Bounded Field of the Wind King, C, Anti-Unit;- Age: 12
Fugaku Uchiha- Fugaku of the Cursed Eye- Fire Element- Sharingan Kekkei Genkai- Ninjutsu/Genjutsu Specialist- Kunai, Shuriken, Scrolls- Age: 12
Hizashi Hyuga- Earth Element- Byakugan Kekkei Genkai- Taijutsu Specialist- Kunai, Shuriken, Scrolls- Age: 12
Misaki Mitarashi- Jounin/Konoha’s Tigress/Future Mother of Anko- Fire Element- Wildcat Contract- Ninjutsu/Taijutsu Specialist- Kunai, Shuriken, Poison, Kusarigama, Scrolls, Senbon- Age: 23
xXxXx
Team 7
Minato Namikaze- Yondaime Hokage/Konoha’s Yellow Flash- Fire/Wind/Lightning Elements- Toad Contract- Phantasm Kekkei Genkai- Ninjutsu/Fuinjutsu Specialist- Kunai, Hiraishin Kunai, Shuriken, Seals, Scrolls- His Noble Phantasms: Hirashin: The Flying Thunder God, B+, Anti-Unit;- Age: 12
Ibiki Morino- Future Head of T&I/Konoha’s Nightmare- Earth/Fire Elements- Torture Contract- Ninjutsu/Taijutsu Specialist- Kunai, Shuriken, Senbon, Tanto, Poison, Scrolls, Seals- Age: 12
Mikoto Uchiha- Uchiha Clan Heiress/Maiden of the Black Wing- Fire/Lightning Elements- Crow Contract- Sharingan Kekkei Genkai- Ninjutsu/Kenjutsu Specialist- Katana, Tanto, Kunai, Shuriken, Scrolls- Age: 12
Jiraiya- Sennin/The Toad Sannin/Jiraiya the Gallant- Fire/Earth/Water Elements- Toad Contract- Ninjutsu/Fuinjutsu Specialist- Battleaxe, Kunai, Shuriken, Seals, Scrolls- Age: 29
xXxXx
Team 8
Shibi Aburame- Aburame Clan Heir- Fire Element- Kikaichu Kekkei Genkai- Ninjutsu/Genjutsu Specialist- Senbon, Kunai, Shuriken, Poison, Scrolls- Age: 13
Nawaki Senju- Senju Clan Heir- Earth/Water Elements- Ninjutsu Specialist- Tanto, Kunai, Shuriken, Scrolls- Age: 13
Tsume Inuzuka- Inuzuka Clan Heiress/Konoha’s Wild Fang- Earth Element- Beast Mimicry Kekkei Genkai- Taijutsu Specialist- Kunai, Shuriken, Scrolls, Inuzuka Dog Partner- Age: 13
Karna Tohsaka- Elite Jounin/Karna of the Sun- Fire/Wind Elements- Peacock Contract- Scorch Release Kekkei Genkai- Ninjutsu/Bojutsu Specialist- Halberd, Armor, Kunai, Shuriken, Scrolls- Age: 33
xXxXx
Team 11
Hiashi Hyuga- Hyuga Clan Heir- Earth Element- Byakugan Kekkei Genkai- Taijutsu Specialist- Kunai, Shuriken, Scrolls- Age: 12
Diarmuid Yuhi- Diarmuid of the Love Spot- Fire Element- Ninjutsu/Bojutsu Specialist- Spear, Short Spear, Armor, Kunai, Shuriken, Scrolls- Age: 12
Kushina Uzumaki- Uzumaki Clan Heiress/Red-Hot Habanero/Konoha’s Red Death- Wind/Water Elements- Solid Chakra Kekkei Genkai- Kenjutsu/Fuinjutsu Specialist- Katana, Kunai, Shuriken, Chakra Chains, Seals, Scrolls- Age: 12
Tsunade Senju- Senju Clan Heiress/Slug Sannin- Lightning Element- Solid Chakra Kekkei Genkai- Ninjutsu/Medjutsu Specialist- Kunai, Shuriken, Seals, Scrolls, Scalpels- Age: 29
xXxXx
Team 13
Shikaku Nara- Nara Clan Heir/Shikaku of the Darkness- Earth Element- Kagemane Kekkei Genkai- Ninjutsu/Genjutsu Specialist- Kunai, Shuriken, Senbon, Poison, Scrolls- Age: 13
Inoichi Yamanaka- Yamanaka Clan Heir\- Lightning Element- Boar Contract- Shintenshin Kekkei Genkai- Ninjutsu Specialist- Kunai, Shuriken, Tanto, Scrolls- Age: 13
Choza Akimichi- Akimichi Clan Heir- Earth/Fire Elements- Expansion Kekkei Genkai- Taijutsu/Bojutsu Specialist- Bo Staff, Armor, Kunai, Shuriken, Scrolls- Age: 13
Ikkaku Ichimaru- Former Samurai/Elite Jounin/Floating Crimson- Wind Element- Bukijutsu/Genjutsu Specialist- Bladed Tri boujou, Katana, Shuriken, Kunai, Scrolls, Senbon- Age: 41
xXxXx
The Five Kages:
Hiruzen Sarutobi- The Sandaime Hokage/The Professor/God of Shinobi/Future Father of Asuma- Fire/Earth Elements- Monkey Contract- Bojutsu/Ninjutsu Specialist- Bo staff, Armor, Kunai, Shuriken, Seals, Scrolls- Age: 42
Oonoki- The Sandaime Tsuchikage/The Fence Sitter/Oonoki of the Dust Style- Earth/Wind/Fire Elements- Dust Release Kekkei Genkai- Ninjutsu Specialist- Kunai, Shuriken, Scrolls- Age: 47
Ei Kotsuki- The Sandaime Raikage/Ei of the Ultimate Shield and Ultimate Spear/Father of Killer A and Killer B- Lightning/Earth/Wind Elements- Ninjutsu/Taijutsu Specialist- Kunai, Shuriken, Sealing Pot- Age: 50
Hanza no Sato (Didn’t know his name since it’s not in the wiki)- The Sandaime Kazekage/Hanza of the Iron Sand- Earth/Wind Elements- Magnetic Release Kekkei Genkai- Ninjutsu Specialist- Kunai, Shuriken, Iron Sand, Poison, Scrolls- Age: 25
Daisuke Morimoto (Didn’t know his name since it’s not in the wiki)- The Sandaime Mizukage- Water Element- Ninjutsu/Genjutsu Specialist- Kunai, Shuriken, Scrolls- Age: 51
Sign up to rate and review this story