Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Savior

Savior

by denilledeserio 0 reviews

My first story!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Published: 2015-07-31 - 777 words

0Unrated
I tilted my mug and swallowed the remaining coffee that was in it. I placed the empty mug in the sink, took a quick glance in the mirror to make sure I looked presentable, and hurried out the door to make my way to work. The local book store isn't much of a job, but being eighteen and fresh out of high school, I could use any money I could get. School most definitely wasn't my thing, so I didn't even bother to apply to college. I still don't know what I want to do with my life just yet, so until I figure that out, I'm just worried about making enough money to buy food and pay rent.
After making sure my apartment door was locked I headed down the stairs and started walking down the sidewalk. Luckily I'm from a small town where everything is within walking distance so I don't need a car. It was a beautiful sunny morning so as I walked I tilted my chin up and let the sun beam on my face. The warmth felt good on my skin. The walk was short and before I knew it I was walking through the doors of the book shop.
"Good morning Denise." I greeted the store owner with a wave and a big smile. Denise was a sweet older woman who treated me like her own daughter. Which meant so much to me since both of my parents are deceased. She knows all my struggles and troubles and does her best to care for me, and for that, I respect her greatly.
Denise greeted me back with a warm welcoming smile. "Good morning honey, you look like your in a good mood this morning."
She was right, I woke up in good spirits this morning for some reason. Usually I walk into work all groggy and still waking up, my smile must have thrown her off. Hell, it was kind of throwing me off.
"Yeah I feel good today." I giggled. "Maybe that means something good will happen. So, what do we got goin' on today." I walked over to her to see what would be on the agenda.
She smiled and put her arm around me. "Its so nice seeing you smile. We just got this huge order of books in last night. I already put the names into the computer system, I just need you to label them and place them in the correct spots on the shelves."
"Will do." I grabbed the book labeler and a box of books and began to work.
A few hours later I saw I only had one box left. I opened it and saw a bunch of comic books. Some were really old and some were brand new. I decided to look through a few of them before I started to put them away. They were fascinating and so entertaining. When I decided I had a long enough break, I grabbed the box and headed for the comic section. I grabbed a handful of comics and climbed the latter next to me to get to the top shelf. I was putting the last few books I had in my arms onto the shelves when I heard voices. I was so caught up in what I was doing I didn't hear anyone come into the store. I decided to climb down the latter and greet the customers and see if they needed help. As I was climbing down I accidently missed a step and I tumbled down and hit the ground.
"Ow.." I muttered to myself. Suddenly I saw someone hurry around the corner. They must have heard the crash.
"Are you alright?!" I looked up and saw a tall skinny boy wearing skinny jeans and a black t-shirt looking down at me. Great. Not only did I fall off a later but a super cute boy saw the whole thing. How embarrassing.
"Yeah, I'm okay. I must have missed a step." I replied. I'm sure I was blushing beat red because my face felt warm.
"Here let me help you." He pushed his thick rimmed glasses up his nose and extended his hands to help me up. I grabbed them and lifted myself off the ground.
"Thank you.." I said shyly. I didn't really interact with cute boys that often..okay ever.. so I had no idea what to do or say. Suddenly someone else came rushing around so the cute boy and I redirected our attention to see who was coming.
"Mikey, what was that, are you okay?"
When he came into view our eyes locked and my whole body froze.
Sign up to rate and review this story