Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Savior

things are looking up

by denilledeserio 0 reviews

the gang hangs out

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2015-08-01 - 1148 words

0Unrated
Around 4;15 I went to the bathroom an tried to fix myself up. I told Denise about my plans and just like a mother would she precautioned me to be careful around these new boys. But all in all she was happy I was making friends and going out. I took a travel brush out of my bag and brushed my long black hair behind my shoulders. I then proceeded to fix my makeup. Once I was satisfied I left the bathroom and asked Denise how I looked.
"Beautiful as always." she answered eyeing me from head to toe. The woman was a saint.
"I'm going to wait for them outside, do you need help closing up the store before I go?"
"Honey, don't be silly. I've got this all under control all you have to do is go and have a good time." I hugged and thanked her and left to wait for Mikey and Gerard. I took a seat on the bench outside of the store. Suddenly a sense of nervousness washed over me. I closed my eyes. "Calm down and relax" I told myself over and over again. It wasn't helping.
"Hey! Denille over here!" My eyes popped open and I saw Mikey waving to me from the passenger window of a car. Gerards I'm assuming. I smiled and waved back. As I was walking to the door of the car I noticed another body in the back seat through the window.
"Hi! I'm Frank!" The boy blared at me as soon as I opened the door. It caught me off guard.
"Sorry about him. He's our guitarist, we had to pick him up too." Mikey explained from the passenger seat. I gave Frank a big smile.
"Hi Frank, its nice to meet you." with that I climbed unto the back seat next to him. "Hi Gerard." I said with a faint smile looking at the small part of his face that was showing in the rear view mirror. I figured I would be polite and say hi.
"Hey." That's all I got out of him. Like I said, not a man of many words.
"Our house is only like ten minutes from here. Bob and Ray are already there, they are excited to meet you." Mikey looked back and gave me a reassuring smile. He must have sensed I was nervous.
"I'm excited to meet them. Thanks again for asking me to come."
"Are you kidding!? What group of guys wouldn't want a pretty girl to hangout with them!?" Frank exclaimed. I giggled and probably blushed too. For the rest of the way Frank, Mikey and me talked, joked and laughed. We were getting to know each other and having fun. I loved these guys. Everything frank said had me laughing hysterically and Mikey was just a sweet innocent soul. Gerard was pretty quiet the whole time except for chuckling every now and then at how obnoxious Frank was being. Other than that he just kept his eyes on the road. We made it to the house quickly. I saw who I assumed to be Bob and Ray sitting in an open garage. The instruments were already set up and ready to go. Gerard parked and we all got out and walked over to the other boys. They saw us and waved hello.
"Hi, I'm Denille." I decided to introduce myself first. I felt loosened up after talking to Frank and Mikey in the car. The tall blonde haired boy took my hand and kissed it.
"Its a pleasure to meet you, I'm Bob,"
"Nice to meet you Bob. You're very chivalrous." I giggled as he kissed my hand again. Judging by his actions I'm not to sure how often these boys interact with females.
"Alright, alright that's enough Mr. Knight in shining armor." Ray said breaking my hand away from Bobs lips. He then held out his own hand.
"I'm Ray, its really nice to meet you. Don't worry about Bob he's just excited to actually have a girl around." I laughed and shook Rays hand.
"Okay, okay enough talking and introductions and lets get practicing! Just remember we actually have an audience this time!" Frank cried to is band mates. While everyone made there way to their instruments, Mikey found and empty bucket and flipped it over so I could sit. I took my seat and patiently waited. I was shocked when I saw Gerard take to the front of the guys and grab the mic. I would have never expected him to be the lead singer on account of how quiet he is. Mikey grabbed the bass, Frank and Ray took the guitars, and Bob seated himself behind the drum set. After a little tuning the band started to play their first song. I had to admit, the guys were good. I mean REALLY good. Gerard started swaying to the music and grabbed the mic. When he started to sing my jaw dropped and I felt my skin get goose bumps. He had the most amazing voice. It was perfect for the sound of music the guys were going for. It was almost hypnotic.
When the boys finished the song I stood off the bucket and clapped like a maniac.
"Guys that was so incredible! Frank, Ray I had no idea fingers could move like that! and Bob, those drums were everything! and Gerard your voice is..it's just...wow." I was rambling and couldn't help it.
"Thanks." Gerard mumbled while fussing with the mic. He avoided eye contact with me but I swear I saw him blush.
"Hey what about me?!" Mikey whined. I ran up and hugged him.
"You were incredible as well! I just have one question. What's the name of the band?"
Frank slapped his forehead with his palm.
"Damnit guys! we practically just played our first gig and we didn't even introduce ourselves first!" We all laughed until Gerard answered my question.
"Were calling ourselves My Chemical Romance."
"I love it." I smiled at him. Mikey and I were still embraced. I let go of him and returned to my bucket seat.
"I want to hear more!" The guys didn't hesitate. They played a few more songs until it grew dark out. After they were done with practicing we all hung out and drank a few beers together. I couldn't remember the last time I felt this good. We were all just sitting around laughing and getting to know each other. Even Gerard loosened up and was laughing and joking with us. It was our first time hanging out together, but I felt closer to these five guys than I ever have to anyone else in my life. I finally had friends and it was amazing. It was bliss. For the first time in a long time, it felt like my life was starting to look up.
Sign up to rate and review this story