Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

The Capture

by story_master 4 reviews

The heroes must rescue two of their own from the clutches of Cronus.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-16 - Updated: 2006-08-16 - 1164 words

1Exciting
Theresa had turned to find that she was being followed by Cronus.

" Hello my dear." he said in a sly yet evil tone.

" What do you want Cronus?" she asked as she readied herself for a fight.

" Oh nothing much. Just your soul." he said, an evil grin spread across his face and his red eyes shone.

" What?!" she asked, completely confused.

His smile faded, " Get her!" he said.

Before she could react, Theresa was grabbed by two of Cronus' ugly giants.

" Theresa!" Atlanta screamed as she came around the corner to find her friend being kidnapped.

" Atlanta!" Theresa cried in relief.

" Let's go," Cronus called impatiently, " Forget about the other one."

Atlanta ran after them. She dove into the portal before it closed. They exited in some sort of dungeon.

" Lock her up. We don't want her to do anything silly like try to escape. Now do we." he said as he left, clearly pleased with himself.

Theresa was locked up and the giants stood guard. Atlanta tried to free her friend but she was caught as well. Cronus came back to see what all teh comotion was.

" Ahh, two for the effort of one. Good, now you'll have some company while you spend eternity wandering." he said as he left, laughing uncontrollably.

" What are we going to do?" Atlanta asked.

" Call the others." Theresa suggested.

" Right," Atlanta took out her PMR and called their friends, " Guys we need help. Cronus captured us. He has some twisted plan. Please hurry."

She got no answer because the giants noticed that they were calling for help. They crushed Atlanta's PMR. Then they left the two in darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jay and the others were back at the brownstone waiting for their two friends to return. ' What could be taking them so long?' Jay thought as he looked at they clock. They had been missing for 3 and a half hours. Suddenly his PMR went off. He pressed the button to listen to messges. He heard the message left by Atlanta.

" Odie where are the girls?" Jay asked standing up from his place on the couch.

" I'll check. Hang on," Odie did something on his computer then looked at Jay, " Their in... Greece?"

" Greece?... Cronus. We have to go get them." Jay said.

The others had been there and now they were all standing. They got ready very quickly then headed to the school. Herry's truck roared into the parking lot. They got out and went directly to Hermes. They explained to him what happened and he opened a portal to Greece. They thanked him and left. Shrotly after they arrived in Greece.

" Where to now Odie?" Jay asked.

" Their in some sort of structure at the top of that mountain." he replied pointing to a large mountain.

" Aww. Climbing? I just got a manicure." Neil whined.

" Shut up Neil." Archie said, losing patience.

" Let's go." Herry said, leading the way.

They reached the mountain and realized that they didn't have any climbing gear.

" I guess we're free climbing." Herry stated as he looked up.

There were some groans heard but everyone started to climb. If took them thirty minutes to climb up tothe structure. It was a pretty easy climb since the mountain was sloped. The structure was kind of like a temple. Jay motioned for them to continue, quietly. They reached the entrance and it was open. They went inside unaware of what they were about to see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Theresa and Atlanta were desperatly trying to escape. The darkness they were drowned in disappeared as Cronus came back with a torch. His giants picked up Theresa and Atlanta and followed him. Cronus had an enormous grin on his face.

" I told you I would make you pay one day." he said as they reached their destination.

The two girls were set down roughly. The tied up once more. Cronus took out the amulet he had stolen and put it together.

" In order for me to be able to use this amulet to destroy everything, it needs to absorb a pure soul. Since you're heroes your souls are pure. So I hope you enjoy the darkness..." he said as he walked up to them.

The amulet shone brightly, blinding everyone. Cronus walked up to Theresa.

" You're first." he whispered.

Atlanta screamed at the sight of her friend's soul being ripped away from her. Then her body lay limp and lifless on the floor. Atlanta shreiked as Cronus came towards her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The boys heard a scream.

" That's Atlanta!" Archie said, concern and fear filling his voice.

" This way." Jay ordered and started to run down a tunnel.

They found the room where Cronus was. He was standing in front of Atlanta's now lifeless body.

" Get away from her!" Archie yelled and raced toward to god.

" That's alright I'm done with them now," He laughed, " I told you I'd make you suffer boy. Now your friends are gone... never to return." He laughed once more then disappeared into one of his portals.

Archie forgot about his rage for the god and rushed to Atlanta's side. Jay rushed to Theresa's side. They untied them and felt for a pulse. They then picked up their bodies and carried them back to the rendez vous spot. As soon as they entered the school they went straight to Chirons office. He asked them to wait outside while he examined the two bodies.

The five remaining heroes sat outside the room and expected the worst. Jay and Archie sat still, staring into oblivion. Herry paced back and forth. Neil sat there with his mirror out but he wasn't looking in it. Odie had his computer out but just stared at the screen. The entire hall was set in a depressed mood.

Thoughts about Theresa whirled through Jay's mind. Much like thpoughts of Atlanta whirled through Archie's mind. Jay and Archie couldn't the picture of their expressions out of their heads. They were twisted in fear and pain. Jay shuddered. He felt felt a tear roll down his cheek, but he didn't care. He had just lost the one person that he cared about most and he didn't even get to tell her that he loved her. Jay silently promised himself that if he saw Theresa again he would tell her how he felt. Archie also silently promised himself that he would tell Atlanta that he loved her.

Everyone's thoughts were interupted by Chirons door creaking open. He walked out with his head down, he had a glum expression on his face. Chiron began to speak...
~*~

What is the fate of Theresa and Atlanta? Are they really gone? Where did Cronus send their souls? Read the next chapter to find out these answers and so much more.

AUTHORS NOTE: Sorry this chapter was so short, but I couldn't write anymore without giving away too much. Well I hope you enjoyed it just as much. Well please R+R. I promise to update soon with longer chapters. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story