Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Unstoppable

Chapter 13

by jameswritr4 0 reviews

Long one...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2015-08-22 - 1355 words

0Unrated
A few days later, Patrick had decided to go do a little exploring downtown. Since it was almost the dead of winter, he could bundle up from the cold and have barely any fans recognized him. He walked into his favorite coffee place and stood in line to order. As he waited for his drink to be made, a hot chia tea with extra honey, he looked around at the place. His heart almost stopped when he saw her. There was Aiden, typing away on a laptop, earbuds in, and all alone. She had barely changed. Her black hair was cut a little shorter and she had thinned out a tiny bit but she was still able to take his breath away.

Patrick couldn’t decide to bolt or grab up the nerves to go and talk to her. It had been way over a year since he had last seen her and that night was an ugly one. He untucked his scarf from his coat and decided it was now or never. He couldn’t just not do anything when faith was handing him an opportunity on a silver platter. He bit his lip and walked over and gently tapped her shoulder. He gave a small smile when she turned around to face him.

Aiden had been busy just working away on stuff for her work. She had graduated from college about a year ago and was working for a law firm downtown. With the holidays coming up, she was trying to get ahead on her work. She took a sip of her drink and changed the song on her laptop. She enjoyed listening to music while she worked. It helped her zone out the busyness of the world around her and just focus. She had felt a tap on her shoulder and turned around to come face to face with Patrick. Her eyes grew wide for a moment and she quickly took out her earbuds from her ears.

“Oh my god…” She stood up to look at him. He looked good, really good. She could tell he had lost the weight he had been battling before. She had always kept tabs on him, it was kind of hard not to when he was in the public eye and a quick google search brought up everything she could ever want.

“Not the reaction I thought I was going to get, but I’ll take it.” He smiled a little.

“What were you expecting?” She smiled a little.

“Mainly a punch in the face, which I would of deserved.” Aiden giggled and hugged him. Patrick was taken aback by this but returned the hug. He inhaled her scent, she still smelled like a sweet, spring flower. He had missed that smell. “Hi Aiden.” She pulled away a few moments later.

“Hi Patrick. Do you want to sit?” He smiled and nodded. Aiden sat back down and Patrick set his drink down. He unbuttoned his coat and took a seat next to her. “How are you? You look really good, kid.” He chuckled softly.

“I’m pretty good. You still look amazing, as always.” Aiden blushed a little. “How are you?” She smiled.

“I’m good. I was just working on some stuff. This is insane right? Like how weird is it that you’re here when I am?” Patrick chuckled and smiled.

“That’s why I had to come say hello, even if I did run a risk of bodily harm.”

“Aw don’t be hard on yourself.”

“No. I have to be. I was a complete asshole to you and you deserved none of it. I never got to apologize to you but I am really sorry for how I acted and the way things were left. You didn’t deserve the way I treated you.” Aiden shook her head.

“Stop. Please. I forgave you a long time ago. I had to. I couldn’t hold on to that anger and hurt forever. I would just be stuck in the past if I did.” Patrick nodded and took a sip of his drink. “So what are you doing in Chicago? I thought you moved to L.A.?”

“I have a place out there but I came home for the holidays and to work on a project. I had some free time so I was wandering downtown for a bit.” Aiden smiled.

“You look happy Patrick. Are you?” He nodded.

“I really am. I’ve been working on stuff again, this new project has me really excited, and I’ve been working on myself. I needed to do that and I’ve been neglecting me for a long time. How about you? Are you happy?” Aiden nodded.

“I’ll admit I had a rough patch for a few months but I graduated from college, landed a job downtown, got my own place since Kat wanted to go place house with Pete.” Patrick chuckled.

“Yeah he told me about that. Weird, right?” Aiden smiled and nodded.
“Honestly I didn’t think they would last as long as they have but they’re still crazy about each other. I envy them.”

“Me too. I’m just glad Pete found someone who doesn’t put up with the shit he can pull.” Aiden chuckled.

“I know what you mean.” The two talked and caught up for quite a while. They actually talked until the place was about the close. When they both realized it, Aiden packed up her stuff and the two ventured outside after bundling up for the Chicago winter. Patrick decided to walk Aiden home since it was only a few blocks from the coffee shop and even though it was cold, the wind wasn’t blowing to make it unbearable.

“Aiden?” She looked at him while they walked. “I really regret letting you go.” Aiden bit her lip.

“Oh.” Patrick watched her reaction. “I wasn’t expecting that.”

“You weren’t?” She shook her head. “Why?”

“I figured you have moved on. That you were with someone new now and were happy with that.” Patrick shook his head and they stopped outside the door to her apartment building.

“You are the one that got away. I really miss you. And I know I do not deserve it but if you find it in your heart somewhere, I’d really like to try this again. You’re my biggest regret.” Aiden bit her lip and looked down. “If you’re with someone, just tell me. I just… I couldn’t let this moment pass without telling you how I feel about you. I’d regret that even more and I’m done regretting things and being the one that lets a moment pass me by.” Aiden looked up at him.

“I’m not seeing anyone. Honestly I compare people to you. How you were before we broke up. And you’re a hard act to follow.” Patrick smiled a little.

“I feel a ‘but’ coming on…”

“There is. I don’t know if I can just open back up and let you in again. I always wonder ‘what if’ but you really hurt me. And it took me a long time to get over that.” Patrick looked down. “But I’m willing to try… I just need time.” Patrick looked up at her.

“Time?” She nodded. “I can give you time. I can give you all the time you need. You’re worth the wait for me Aiden.” She smiled a little and looked down, glad for her scarf to hide her blush. Patrick cupped her face in his hands. “Dinner tomorrow?” She smiled and nodded.

“I’d like that.” Patrick smiled.

“Good.” He leaned in and kissed her cheek before he let go. “I’ll call you tomorrow then. Good night Aiden.” She smiled.

“Goodnight Patrick.” She unlocked her door and walked inside and headed to her apartment.
She couldn’t wipe the smile off her face. Patrick watched her go inside before he went to go towards his apartment. He smiled wide. He couldn’t remember the last time he was this happy again.
Sign up to rate and review this story