Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Unstoppable

Chapter 12

by jameswritr4 0 reviews

Reunion

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2015-08-22 - 841 words

0Unrated
As faith would have it, Pete was right. After the summer tour, the band decided to take a hiatus. Andy and Joe went on to play in a metal band together and also in separate ones, Pete went on to do a collab project that ended up falling through and Patrick…. Well we all know what happened there. He had made the decision to finally do what he needed to do.
He gained a healthier lifestyle and went on to record Soul Punk, a project he was insanely proud of. It had very little success and caused a huge backlash against him. He was at a very low point in his professional and personal life. He had dumped his nest egg into his project and had nothing to show for it because of the rejection he had encountered.
After pouring his soul out into his blog, Pete reached out to his friend. The two met up for lunch to discuss what was going on in their lives.

Patrick’s leg bounced under the table as he took a sip of his drink, while waiting for Pete to show up at the diner he had picked out. He wasn’t surprised that his friend was late but he was more nervous to actually see him since it had been quite a while. He smiled a little when Pete walked into the place and took a seat across from Pat.

“Hey man” Pete said as he took off his sunglasses and placed them on the table. “Sorry I’m late.”

“I’m really not surprised dude.” Pete chuckled and looked over the menu. The two ordered once the waitress came back.

“So how are you stumpy?” Pete smiled and Patrick shrugged.

“Been better and been worse. How about you? I saw you got that TV gig for the tattoo show.” Pete nodded.

“Yeah, Kat kind of pushed me into it. I really like it. It’s fun.”

“You two are still together?” Pete nodded.

“Coming up on two years solid. She moved in with me about 6 months ago.”

“Wow… That’s big man. I’m happy for you guys.” Pete smiled a little more.

“Thanks dude. Have you been seeing anyone new?” Patrick shook his head.

“I really have had no time and I’m not interested in anyone.”

“You’re still hung up on Aiden, aren’t you?” Patrick shrugged a little and played with the straw wrapper that was in his hand. “Dude, you should call her.” Patrick looked at his friend like he had grown 3 heads and pierced all his eyebrows.

“And say what? I burnt that bridge to the ground, gather up the ashes and burnt those too. She would never talk to me.”

“You never know. I can tell you’ve changed man. We all needed this time away to just get ourselves back together. Just grovel to her… a lot.” Patrick shook his head and looked back down.

“It’s a lost cause. She’s probably with some guy that deserves her.”

“She’s single actually.” Patrick’s head shot back up and Pete smiled. “I still talk to her. She’s got her own place downtown, finished up with school. She asks about you from time to time. I think she’s been concerned about you too for a while.” Patrick bit his lip.

“Oh. Yeah. I’m sorry to make you worry man. It just got to this dark place and needed to vent out what had happened with everything.”

“Dude. It’s fine. But I wished you would have reached out to one of us. I know shit hasn’t been the best with our friendship in a while but you’re my brother. I always have your back.” Patrick smiled a little at his friend.

“Thanks Pete.”

“Now, the real reason I called you. I want to get us all back together.” Patrick raised an eyebrow.

“And you think the other guys will be down for it too?” Pete nodded. He started digging into his food when the waitress came back with their plates.

“I want to do this old school and on the down low.” Patrick laughed a little at his friend.

“Are we secret agents from the 90’s?” Pete rolled his eyes.

“I want us to just lock ourselves in the studio and just write and make whatever feels good to us. It’s a redemption. A comeback. Our second chance to make something right for our fans and for ourselves.” Patrick smiled.

“I’m in. I’m glad you want to do this. I’m actually excited about something for once in a long time.” Pete smiled at his friend.

“So am I. Besides I already called Joe and Hurley. They’re flying in next week. I found this amazing space in downtown Chicago so we can just focus on this.”

“So you just planned all this, assuming I would agree?”

“Patrick, when have you ever said no to me?” Patrick just shook his head and smiled at his friend.
Sign up to rate and review this story