Categories > Original > Romance > The Finish Line

A New Home

by EricaSharp12 0 reviews

What if one day when you had come home from your parents told you you had an arranged marriage? You'd probably be qgainst the idea so they send you to live with him for a year so you can fall in l...

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2015-08-24 - Updated: 2015-08-24 - 6235 words

0Unrated
Coach Asaka: [Track Coach] Once again, you have the best time. Great job.

Girl: That was amazing, Sanai!

Girl 2: Yeah, you rock! Sanai: Thanks…

Hiro: [Sanai's friend] Sanai! Let's go. I have something I need to talk to you about. I might as well do it on the walk home.

[Sanai and Hiro are walking together…]

Hiro: This is serious. Why haven't you introduced me to those girls on the track team with you?

Sanai: Seriously?

Hiro: Uh, yeah. I thought we were friends. Yet you obviously don't think of me that way, huh?

Sanai: Hiro, you don't have to be such a pervert, you know?

Hiro: I'm not a pervert. You females and your offensive terms! Good thing not much offends me or you'd be friendless. I'm the only one that likes you so you should really be careful.

Sanai: What!? That aint true.

Hiro: You can't even speak proper English! I feel sorry for your betrothed. (gasps to himself)

Sanai: What? I don't have a betrothed.

Hiro: Of course not. Anyway…I must admit…I kind of miss those two…

Sanai: Yeah…wait, you mean three.

Hiro: No. I mean two. I couldn't care less about Kishima. Boy, was she annoying.

Sanai: (shakes her head) Bye.

Hiro: See ya. Oh, and…good luck.

Sanai: What do you mean, "good luck"?

Hiro: (snickers and runs away) Until tomorrow, friend!

Sanai: ?... (walks into her home and is showered with confetti)

Sanai's Mother & Father: HEY!

Sanai: What the heck is going on?

Sanai's Father: It's a party to celebrate your upcoming wedding!

Sanai: Wedding?!

Sanai's Mother: Yeah, we told you about it last week, remember? We told you we had arranged a wedding for you when you were a young child.

Sanai's Father: I thought you'd be angry, but you took it quite well.

[FLASHBACK-A week ago at the dinner table]

Sanai: (eating) What?

Sanai's Mother: We arranged a wedding for you to happen next week.

Sanai: Unh-huh.

Sanai's Father: You don't mind? It doesn't bother you?

Sanai: Whatever.

Both: Great!

Sanai's Mother: I'll go pick out a dress for you! (runs)

Sanai: This chicken tastes like crap.

[FLASHBACK ENDS]

Sanai: I don't remember that!

Sanai's Mother: Well, it's too late. Theodore already expects your hand.

Sanai: I'm not marrying someone I don't know! No, I'm too young anyway! I still have time to play the field!

Sanai's Father: No, I can't allow you to back out of this. You'll meet him at the wedding.

Sanai: No!

Sanai's Mother: (looks at Sanai's Father) Maybe we could postpone it…

Sanai's Father: (sighs) Fine. How about this? I'll send you to live with Theodore for a year.

Sanai: Whoa, what?!

Sanai's Mother: That will give you enough time to fall in love with him.

Sanai: You can't throw me into a controlled environment hoping for your desired results!

Sanai's Father: We can. You're officially kicked out.

Sanai: Wha-?! (A few moments later she is outside with bags) Wha-?!

Sanai's Mother: The car is coming.

Sanai: Mom, there's gotta be a way out of this!

Sanai's Mother: …Yes…I'll make a deal with you. If you fall in love with someone else…you won't have to marry Theodore. You can marry when you think you're ready.

Sanai: …I should be able to do that anyway.

Sanai's Mother: Oh well! Bye! See you next year! (goes back into the house)

Sanai: (grumbles) This sucks!

(A car pulls up…)

Driver: Sanai?

Sanai: …Yeah?

Driver: Hop in. He's waiting for you.

[A small home near the forest with a lakeview front…]

Sanai: Wow…it's not a bad view…still. I don't want to be here. (knocks on the door) Do I just walk in or sumthin'? (opens the door) Hello? Hello?

Male Voice: I really don't care.

Male Voice 2: Maybe you'll care with my foot up your ass!

Male Voice: No, I still won't.

Male Voice 2: You stupid-

Male Voice: You can go run away and cry now.

Male Voice 2: Shut up!

(The sound of broken glass is heard…)

Sanai: (walks into a room where an attractive young man with black hair sits at a table in front of a broken window) Um…

Male Voice: Hm? Oh. You must be Sanai. It's nice to meet you.

Sanai: Yeah. You too I guess.

Male Voice: You guess? That's pretty rude.

Sanai: Is it? Sorry, I just-

Male Voice: Don't worry about it. I've been waiting for you.

Sanai: You have? *This must be Theodore…Well, he's definitely attractive, but I still don't want to marry him!*

Male Voice: I'll show you to your room. Follow me. (walks out the room)

Sanai: (slight gasp as she follows behind him) So whaddaya think about this marriage thing? It's crazy, right?

Male Voice: Marriage?

Sanai: Yeah. We're supposed to be getting married.

Male Voice: (gasps) …(smiles mischievously) Yes. That's right.

Sanai: You don't want to go through with that, do you?

Male Voice: Why wouldn't I?

Sanai: (gasps) Wha-?! M-maybe cause you don't know me!

Male Voice: I'll get to know you in this year. If you'll let me.

Sanai: Oh yeah! Right, but…we might not be compatible.

Male Voice: Think positive. Here's your room. (slides a door open to a room with a white bed and wooden dresser nearby) You can decorate it and stuff if you'd like.

Sanai: Yeah, okay, thanks.

Male Voice: This is the only open room. Sorry. My room is upstairs. First door you come across. Just so you know.

Sanai: Okay. But wait, about the marriage…you don't think you're too young to get married?

Male Voice: I don't know. Do you think you are?

Sanai: Yes!

Male: Hm…The kitchen is right across from here. And-

(A thud is heard…)

Sanai: What was that?

Male: I bet it's him…

[In the backyard…]

(A boy with white spiky hair and blue eyes is dusting himself off next to fallen chairs and a table)

Sanai: Who is that?

Male: What are you doing?

Boy: As if you could even understand if I explained every little detail to you.

Male: You got that right. This is Hyita. Hyita, this is Sanai.

Hyita: [Hyita Aizawa/Age 17] Pleased to make your acquaintance. You arrived earlier than expected.

Sanai: Oh, did I? So you live here too?

Hyita: Yeah. See, there are 3 others that live here besides me and this guy. There's two brothers-their cousin-his cousin, and a…friend.

Sanai: …Huh? Why do you all live together?

Male: We…might as well…Why not?

Sanai: …Is-

Hyita: I have to get back to my studies. If you'll excuse me. (walks into the house)

Male: He's a know-it-all and thinks he can take whatever he deems as his. Stay away from him. He's actually just a foolish little jerk. Clumsy as hell too.

Sanai: Is everyone that lives here a boy?

Male: Yes. But don't worry. You're my fiancée. I won't let anyone touch you.

Sanai: What?! That's not what I was-… (sighs)

Male: You'll meet the others later.

Guy: Well, actually she can meet me right now if she'd like.

Male: Oh, Yukito.

Yukito: [Yukito Aizawa/ Age 16] Hello.

Sanai: Hey. I'm Sanai.

Yukito: I'm glad you're here with us. I've seen you in school, but we've never spoken.

Sanai: Oh, right. You're that one guy…

Male: He doesn't make much of an impression on people.

Yukito: Hey!

Sanai: Aw, whatever. That's okay. It's not your fault you're unimportant.

Yukito: What!? Ugh…I hope you won't be staying with us for long. -walks inside-

Sanai: What's he mad for? It's not my fault.

Male: -chuckles- Let's go in. Are you tired?

Sanai: Well, not really.

Male: I think you should relax. This change has got to have you anxious of what's to come.

Sanai: I guess-yeah…-follows him upstairs to his room-

Male: Have a seat on the bed.

Sanai: On the bed?

Male: Yeah. There's nowhere else to sit is there?

Sanai: -looks around- I guess not. But why did you bring me here?

Male: My room is the most relaxing in the whole house.

Sanai: Hold on, you want me to sleep in your bed? But don't boys have…dreams…?

Male: What normal person doesn't have dreams?

Sanai: No, but I mean…you know…

Male: …What?

Sanai: Don't make me say it!

Male: …Anyway, I just want to give you a nice massage. Is that okay? I want my fiancée to feel loved.

Sanai: -blushes then shakes it off- Uh, I don't think that's a good idea.

Male: Course it is. Lay down on your back.

Sanai: No, I can't let ya do this!

Male: Come on…-lightly pushes her back on the bed-

Sanai: -blushes- St-st-stop!

Male: It's okay.

Sanai: I said no! -gets up-

Male: Don't be so shy. When we get married this will be happening all the time.

Sanai: But I-

Male Voice 2: Enough! -a hole is made through the door and a male with dark brown hair and eyes breaks through the rest by walking through it- Control your urges, you beast!

Male: Damn. You're back already, Roiju?

Roiju: [Roiju- Age 16] Stop calling me that!

Male: It's your name.

Roiju: And what the hell is she doing in your room?! You sick perv!

Male: It's not like that. She's my fiancée.

Roiju: "Fiancée"?! What kind of bullcrap is that?!

Male: Don't be so rude in front of her. What, do you think she's not pretty enough?

Roiju: A roach is too pretty to be with YOU!

Male: Ouch. Words hurt, you know.

Roiju: Damn right I know! That's why I said it!

Sanai: Is there a problem?

Roiju: You're marrying this ass?!

Sanai: It's an arranged wedding. I don't even think I want to go through with it.

Roiju: Ha! Hear that? She thinks you're ugly!

Sanai: I didn't say-

Roiju: So do I! Maybe we should be getting married. –gasps- W-wait, no! I didn't mean that!

Male: She didn't say that anyway, you idiot.

Roiju: That's what you meant! Don't try to change it just cause!

Sanai: I'm not.

Roiju: Yes, you are!

Sanai: Okay, I've been tryin' to be nice since you all are lettin' me stay here, but I don't like loud voices in my ear!

Roiju: Ha! She thinks you're loud too!

Male: I think she was talking about you. You are the one screaming after all.

Roiju: Huh? Hey what?! You got a problem with me, girl?! I'll kick your ass in addition to your little love toy's right here.

Sanai: He's not my love toy and you'd hit a girl?!

Male: He would.

Sanai: What?!

Roiju: You don't know that for sure!

Male: You seem like you would though.

Roiju: Well, I wouldn't!

Male: Then why'd you say it?

Roiju: I was just saying something to shut her up!

Male: What if she would have called the police?

Roiju: I would've apologized!

Male: Would you?

Roiju: I just said I would! Stop talking to me!

Male: You barged into my room and you're still here, but you want me to stop talking to you? How confusing.

Roiju: Ugh! Shut up, Yo!

Sanai: "Yo"?

Roiju: Wow, he brought you home without you ever learning his name? You're one smart slut.

Sanai: What did you just call me?!

Roiju: What, you just go deaf or something?

Sanai: -grunts-

Yo: Ignore him. Yo is just a nickname in total honesty. He even has a few nicknames like Iju and Ju…Loser and idiot…Fool and crossdresser…

Sanai: C-crossdresser?!

Roiju: Stop lying! I am not a crossdresser!

Yo: Are you leaving now, Roiju? I'd really like it if you did.

Roiju: That makes me want to stay here 24-7!

Yo: We'll have to continue this another time, babe.

Roiju: "Babe"?

Yo: Don't be jealous. Maybe if you had said something earlier instead of behaving shyly I would have been able to respect your courage. I still would have turned you down though.

Roiju: Ew, I don't like you! Looking at just your face alone makes me sick!

Sanai: Why don't you two get along?

Roiju: Cause he's stupid!

Yo: He's childish and aggressive. It may also have something to do with the fact he wishes to be me.

Roiju: What the hell?! No way! -a shut door is heard- Oh…He must be back…-grunts and walks out- I'mgoing to my room.

Sanai: Who's back?

Yo: -to self- Crap! I didn't think he'd be back so soon!

Sanai: Who?

Yo: I don't know!

Sanai: But ya just said-

Yukito: Yo. I think you'll want to see what's happening downstairs. -looks at Sanai- You brought her…to your room…?

Yo: Why not? We're in love.

Yukito: …You didn't…

Yo: I didn't what?

Yukito: You did. I hope she isn't as violent as-

Yo: -coughs violently-

Sanai: Are you okay?!

Yo: Yes, thank you.

Yukito: Whatever. Downstairs. -walks away-

Yo: Wait here, okay?

Sanai: Uh, okay?

-Yo walks out and doesn't return for about an hour…-

Sanai: What the heck is going on? -walks out and downstairs-

Yo's Voice: That's hilarious! -laughs- We could really get along Hana!

Girl's Voice: I think so too.

Sanai: I thought he said…! Hey! –walks into the front room where 4 boys-Yo, Yukito, Roiju, Hiro-and a girl stand looking at me- …Uhh…wait a second, Hiro?!

Hiro: What are you doing here?

Yo: She's staying with us for a year. So she can fall in love with Theo-I mean me. -nervous chuckle-

-Hiro is staring at me strangely…-

Girl: -scoffs- You said you loved ME! I'm leaving! –walks out-

Yo: No, wait! This is all just a joke, by the way, Sanai! Come back Trixi!

Sanai: What's the matter, Hiro?

Hiro: You think you can fall in love with him in a year?

Sanai: I don't know…I think this whole idea is nuts. I'm just staying here and if something happens in this time it just happens.

Hiro: What if you stay here and you do fall in love? But not with the man intended. What then? I mean you'll probably end up liking someone. You're in a house full of boys.

Sanai: Well, then I can marry who I want when I want. Me and my parents already spoke about it.

Hiro: And if you don't fall in love with anyone?

Sanai: I have to marry Theodore…-looks at Yo-

Yo: Don't worry! You'll love me before we get even halfway into the year!

Roiju: -slight gasp- Wait a sec! Who do you think that is?! -pointing at Yo-

Yo: Roiju, friend, what are you doing?

Sanai: You guys call him Yo, right?

Roiju: What's his real name? Do you know?

Sanai: Aint it Theodore?

-Everyone shoots a look of contempt at Yo…-

Yo: Is that the sound of a whistling kettle I hear? I better go get-

Roiju: No, it's the sound of the wind from this punch! –throws a punch at Yo-

Yo: -dodges- Not in the house, Roiju! I just got it cleaned! Outside! Now! Shoo!

Roiju: I'm not a dog!

Sanai: Hey, does this mean he's not Theodore?

Hiro: He's not. That's Yoshihiko. Theodore is the one you're supposed to be marrying?

Sanai: Yeah. Didn't you already know?

Hiro: Huh?

Sanai: Don't huh me! You ran off earlier because you knew what my parents were gonna do!

Hiro: No, it was because Theodore had told me about you and he had planned to meet you today. I didn't think you'd be moving in with us though.

Sanai: So where's Theodore?

Yo: [Yoshihiko-Age 20] Sorry for leading you on. He's probably at work. He had to go today even though it's his day off. He might be back late. I don't know if you'll be awake.

Hiro: Where'd Roiju go?

Yo: Probably outside to sulk because life is so horrible…

Sanai: What am I supposed to do now?

Yo: Well, this is your home now for the time being. Do whatever you want. As long as it doesn't mess up my house of course.

Sanai: -stomach growls- Oh, sorry…

Yo: You're hungry. –gasps- We finally have a cook! Since you're the only female it's only right that you-

Yukito: -hits Yo on the head- Don't be a chauvinist!

Yo: But Hiro thinks so too, don't you, Hiro?!

Hiro: I do.

Yukito: -shakes his head- I'm sorry for their behavior, Sanai-san.

Sanai: It's fine, I guess. But I'm not cooking.

Yukito: I'll do it. Some nice stew will be perfect. -walks into the kitchen-

Sanai: *He's really nice…Maybe I should apologize for being so rude to him earlier. Even though I was just telling him the truth.* -sighs-

Hiro: Are you okay?

Sanai: Yeah, I'm fine.

Hiro: You're going to love living with me. Just don't fall in love, okay? I don't need that in my life. I have a girlfriends at a time limit. I know you wouldn't like that.

Sanai: -scoffs- Whatever! Like I could fall for a perv like you!

Hiro: Every boy is a pervert to some extent, Sanai. The sooner you realize this; the better off you'll be. I'll be in my room if anyone needs me. –walks upstairs-

-Yo is sitting on the couch reading a book…-

Sanai: Yo.

Yo: Yes? Is there something you'd like to know?

Sanai: Why do you all live together here?

Yo: Well, Theodore likes to keep watch over all of us and honestly I don't know why he feels like he needs to marry. He's hardly home. Roiju and Hyita have no other place to go. Hiro either. And this is my house so…

Sanai: Oh, well…why don't they have anywhere else to go?

Yo: Perhaps you should ask them. It's really not for me to say.

Sanai: Oh…alright.

Yo: Is there anything else you'd like to know?

Sanai: Nah.

Yo: Alright. I'll always be here. And I'm open to make out at any time.

Sanai: Wha-?! –turns away- I'm gonna go now…

Yo: That's fine. I was just letting you know.

Sanai: -walks into the kitchen to see Yukito before a pot-

Yukito: You do eat stew, don't you?

Sanai: Yes… *I don't think Yo told me why he was staying here…He said everyone, but him.* Do you mind if I ask yu a question?

Yukito: Of course not. You should get to know the people you'll be living with.

Sanai: Why are you staying here with everyone?

Yukito: -slight gasp- Why am I staying here? What would make you ask that?

Sanai: I asked Yo why you all live together and he told me about everyone, but you.

Yukito: Well, I guess…I can tell you…

Sanai: What?

Yukito: Um…I have somewhere I could stay, but…I-…-sighs-

Sanai: You don't have to tell me if you don't want to.

Yukito: It's not that I don't want to. I just hate to think about it.

Sanai: Then don't tell me. I'm sorry for making ya think about it.

Yukito: -gasps slightly staring at Sanai-

Sanai: Uh...Is something wrong?

Yukito: …No. Thank you. –smiles- Maybe I'll tell you later.

Sanai: Okay…Oh, by the way! I'm sorry bout earlier. Bein' rude to ya an all…

Yukito: It's alright, Sanai-san. What is your surname? It seems strange calling you Sanai-san. Using your first name seems wrong.

Sanai: It's fine. You should just call me Sanai anyway. I don't mind. We need to get comfortable living wit each other.

Yukito: True. And I guess you should just be calling us by our first names. We all can't be Aizawa-san now, can we?

Sanai: -giggles- Yeah, that's true!

Yukito: …You have a cute laugh.

Sanai: -blushes- W-what?

Yukito: Uh, nevermind. I should keep a closer eye on the stew.

Sanai: …Alright.

-An explosion sounds from above and Hyita falls down through the ceiling…-

Yukito: -sighs- What are you doing?

Hyita: You wouldn't understand-

Yukito: Of course. –stirring the pot- It's the same thing over and over with you I swear.

Sanai: What was that explosion?

Hyita: Experimentation. You know what? I could use you. Would you be willing to help me with a test?

Yukito: -gasps and looks to Sanai shaking his head no quickly-

Sanai: Uhh…

Hyita: Meet me outside whenever you finish in here. -walks out-

Yukito: Please be careful. His experiments can get a little crazy.

Sanai: But I never agreed!

Yukito: He'll find you if you don't go within a certain time.

Sanai: I might as well go see him now then…

Yukito: Good luck.

-I walk outside to see Hyita crouching by a river and Roiju sitting on a tree branch facing away from the house…-

Sanai: -walks over to Hyita- Hey, I-

Hyita: I'm not ready yet. Go somewhere else for now.

Sanai: What the-?! You said to-

Hyita: I didn't think you'd be done in there so soon. Go away. I'll let you know when I'm ready for you.

Sanai: What are you even doing over here?

Hyita: I'm studying the fish.

Sanai: What for?

Hyita: …-looks up at her and gasps-

Sanai: What?

Hyita: I thought I said to go away, but you're still here…Vexing…

Sanai: You're an asshole.

Hyita: Your narrow-minded comment is based on an ignorant claim to know my personality. Am I right?

Sanai: …Wait, what?

Hyita: You think you know how I am from our small encounters?

Sanai: I can see very clearly you're ass.

Hyita: Then I should in turn be able to call you a bitch.

Sanai: What!?

Hyita: You shared no pleasantries with me when we met even though I said it was a pleasure to meet you. And to make it worse you asked me personal questions. "You live here too? Why do you all live together?"

Sanai: I was just askin'! And it's ruder to call me that then for me to call you an ass!

Hyita: Excuses and opinions. Is that all you're about?

Sanai: See?! You're an ass!

Hyita: Yes, I hear your opinion loud and clear. Now do me a favor a walk away before I get even more agitated. I'll find you when I need you.

Sanai: Ugh!

Roiju: Hey!

-Roiju is looking back at me…-

Sanai: -walks over to the tree- Yeah? You talkin' to me?

Roiju: Yeah, I am. I think we should start over. Earlier never happened, okay? Yo pisses me off so bad and I just dragged you into that so I'm sorry.

Sanai: It's alright, I suppose.

Roiju: Good. I'm not that bad a guy I just hate Yo.

Sanai: Why do you hate him?

Roiju: I don't like his attitude and how he goes about things. You'll see. You probably won't like him either. I don't see how anyone can stand him. Hey, he lied to you about who he is! You should hate him too! Let's come up with a plan to get rid of him!

Sanai: What do you mean by that…?

Roiju; Uh, kill him, duh!

Sanai: Doncha think that's a little too far!?

Roiju: Of course not!

Sanai: Why don't we come up with another plan that won't kill him, but maybe something else happens like a change of attitude.

Roiju: So we should just beat him up real bad?

Sanai: Why the need for violence?

Roiju: It's the only way he'll learn! Talking doesn't work! He doesn't use logic and reasoning so we have to hurt him somehow!

Sanai: Um…We'll figure it out later…

Roiju: Alright. Hey, you want to come with me to-

Hiro: SANAI!

Sanai: -looks over at the house to see Hiro waving an arm out a high window- Huh?

Hiro: Come up here! I need your help!

Sanai: Uh, actually I think Roiju-

Roiju: Go ahead. I'd rather go alone anyway. –jumps down from the tree and begins walking away-

Sanai: But-…

Hiro: Sanai, come on!

-I walk inside and Yukito turns to smile at me…-

Yukito: Dinner's almost ready. I'll make Roiju go get you when it's ready.

Sanai: But he just left to go somewhere.

Yukito: …Oh…He spends all his time there lately…

Sanai: -stares confused at Yukito's words- …

Yukito: -notices Sanai's stare and chuckles nervously- Oh, don't mind me. I'll just tell you dinner's readymyself.

Sanai: Alright. –walks up to Hiro's room- Hiro, what's up?

Hiro: This Math homework is unsolvable!

Sanai: That's what you called me in here for?!

Hiro: Yep! Hey, we only got a month left of school. How do you feel about that?

Sanai: Thank goodness! I mean I'll miss track though.

Hiro: I'll miss it too…all those hot girls…except for the terrifying trio.

Sanai: The what?

Hiro: The terrifying trio! You don't know about them and they're on the track team with you? They're like 5 hot chicks. 2 of which have hot bods, Then most of the others except for the trio are alright looking a few are cute. And half of them have pretty decent bods. Then there's the terrifying trio who are not at all attractive yet one of them has a hot bod. Oh, and there's also you.

Sanai: What's that mean?! *Yeah, Hiro doesn't ogle me like he does every other girl on the planet. I wonder why. Not that I want him to. But still…why doesn't he? I think I'm a little cute, right?*

Hiro: Whatever! We'll be juniors next year. That's so close to senior. I'll be getting ALL the ladies. Wait, I already do that…

Sanai: -shakes her head- Hey, I just thought bout something. That Hyita guy told me there were 5 people staying here, but that's wrong. There's 6. He said there were two brothers, their cousin, his cousin, and a friend. It would be 5, but Theodore stays here so-

Hiro: Hyita was leaving me out.

Sanai: But why would he do that? I know he's an ass, but…

Hiro: He doesn't like me because of something that happened a couple years back. Yeah…2 brothers meaning himself and Yukito. Their cousin is Yo and his cousin is Roiju. And the "friend" is Theodore.

Sanai: So you're Yo's brother?

Hiro: Half-brother. See here's how it happened…Three brothers. One laid with a woman and had Hyita and Yukito. Then another brother laid with woman and had Yo. The woman laid with a different man and had me. Then the last brother laid with a woman and had Roiju. That's how it is.

Sanai: Oh…I think I follow…

Hiro: You should. It's not at all complicated, but you can't even speak simple English so I don't know if you really get it.

Sanai: Shut up.

Hiro: What do you think about living here so far?

Sanai: I don't know…I'm still a little uneasy living with so many boys.

Hiro: Understandable. Especially when they're all healthy, maturing, young, and single. I hope you're ready for the panties to come off, because it'll be happening soon.

Sanai: What the-?! No, it won't!

Hiro: That's what you say right now…

Sanai: Whatever jerk!

Yo: Hey, knock knock! Dinner's ready!

{The Kitchen}

-All sit at the table except for Roiju and Hyita in the order of Yo, empty chair, Yukito, Sanai on the left and empty chair, Hiro, empty chair on the right-

Sanai: Hiro's the only one that sits on that side?

Yo: Actually, you're sitting in Roiju's seat. Don't worry about it though. He can just sit on the other side. If he comes back.

Yukito: I'm not so sure that's a good idea.

-Hyita walks in and looks at me for a moment before sitting in between Yo and Yukito-

Yukito: (to Sanai) This seating arrangement is so messed up. We had it where there was hardly any trouble, but for some reason today Yo wanted to change seats…and now…

-Hyita is glaring at Hiro who looks at him stagnantly. Roiju walks in-

Roiju: Hey, why the hell is she in my seat?!

Yukito: Yo insisted I sit here today and I wanted Sanai to sit by me.

Roiju: She could've sat in front of you!

Yukito: Calm down. You don't have to sit in the same spot every day at the dinner table. As long as you eat, right? There are six chairs total and two left open. Choose one of them.

Roiju: No, I want my seat!

Yukito: Too bad. It's taken.

-Roiju growls and Yo snickers to himself…-

Sanai: *He did this to mess with Roiju… Oh my god…*

Roiju: See this? He thinks everything is a damn joke! When are you going to get serious?!

Sanai: *He seems like he's really serious about this…*

Yo: Iju, please just sit down. I was laughing at this funny joke I remembered.

Roiju: Then tell everybody what it was!

Yo: Alright, I will. A farmer has been keeping animals to make himself good lunches. You know, ones like cows, pigs, chickens…All the animas live in fear, of course. He says to the animals, "Who wants to be first?" And- -snickers—um…the chickens said…"Don't look at us. We're chicken!" –laughs loudly-

-Everyone stares with bank expressions…-

Roiju: I'd be impressed that you came up with that joke so quick, because I know it was a cover-up, but that joke was so lame…

Sanai: Can't you sit in front of me.

Roiju: …Now, I have to look at Yo the whole time…

Sanai: No, you can have your seat, Roiju.

Yukito: But Sanai…

Roiju: Nah, you can sit there. Whatever. I'm not even really that hungry. –walks outside-

Sanai: Is he okay?

Yukito: He'll be fine. How's the stew?

Sanai: Oh, it's really good.

-After dinner…Everyone goes outside except for Hiro-

Hyita: Are you ready?

Sanai: I don't know! I don't even know what you're trying to do!

Hyita: -sticks a needle in Sanai's chest- Did that hurt?

Sanai: What the hell?! It prickled…

Hyita: Alright, -pushes Sanai into the river-

Sanai: -screams before the water splashes…-

Yukito: Sanai!

Roiju: Hey!

Yo: How abrasive, Hyita…

Hyita: I injected her with a potion that should make her be able to sit atop the water.

Yo: Well, it obviously didn't work…

-I rise from the water reaching out for help…-

Yukito: Sanai! –helps Sanai out of the water- Are you alright? –gasps and blushes-

Roiju: …Uh—turns away-

Yo: Oh my goodness! Where's my camera!? –begins searching frantically-

Hyita: -slight gasp then looks down and closes his eyes-

Sanai: I'm okay…-Her light blue shirt and white shorts are now see-through due to how wet she is…- Huh? What's wrong with everybody?

Yukito: Uh, nothing! Let me take you inside so you can get dry.

Yo: I'd be more than happy to take you in to my bedroo-I mean- -chuckles- Inside…

Hyita: I'll take her in. I'm the one who got her this wet. It's only right I help her.

Yo: Who do you want to help you?

Sanai: Uhh…wait, Hyita is right! He should redeem himself!

Yukito: Well…don't hope for change.

Hyita: -helps Sanai to her feet and takes her hand to lead her inside-

Sanai: I was about to say thanks, but should I really?

Hyita: The answer would be opinionated.

Sanai: (sighs) Man, are you gonna be hard to get along wit…And you don't have to hold my hand the whole way, y'know?

Hyita: …Will you wash before changing or just dry off?

Sanai; A bath would be nice…

-Hyita leads me to the bathroom which seems to be one of the largest rooms…-

Hyita: A bath is already prepared.

Sanai: How is that?

Hyita: I was going to take one, but…it's yours now. Unless you'd like to share?

Sanai: -blushes- What the-!? N-no way!

Hyita: …Alright. I'll go get your clothes. –walks away-

Sanai: -shuts the door- Alright…

-After the bath…-

Sanai: -wraps a towel around herself and around her wet hair-

-There is a knock at the bathroom door and then I hear Hyita's voice…-

Hyita: Sanai-san. I have some clothes for you. Are you finished?

Sanai: Yeah, I'm done. I've got a towel on so…I guess you can come in. What clothes did you-…

-The door opens and Hyita comes in with a pile of clothes in his hands…-

Sanai: Uhh…

Hyita: I didn't know what you'd want to wear so…I brought every piece of clothing I could find and infer that you brought along with you.

Sanai: Well…thanks? I only need my pajamas though. And my…unmentionables, of course.

Hyita: "Unmentionables"? Like anathemas?

Sanai: I-don't know what those are, but I mean…you know, lady garments.

-Hyita clearly accidently drops the clothes…-

Sanai: -chuckles- Too heavy?

-Hyita seems confused for some reason…-

Sanai: It was a joke.

Hyita: …By lady garments, you mean clothing such as skirts, blouses, and dresses?

Sanai: No, actually I meant-…just forget it. –begins looking through the clothes to find her pajamas-

Hyita: Are you going to sleep after you get dressed?

Sanai: I don't know…

Hyita: Are you eager?

Sanai: Eager for what?

Hyita: Are you eager to meet Theodore?

Sanai: Uh…I don't mean to sound rude, but no. What's he even like?

Hyita: …Don't let him trick you. He's a creation made to deceive.

Sanai: So…you're saying he's a bad guy?

Hyita: You have to fall for someone else. I don't care who it is, but you can't end up with him.

Sanai: I can't just make myself fall for someone.

Hyita: Then lie. Say you'll lie when the time comes. Believe me. That lie will make it1000 times better than if you had told the truth.

Sanai: What makes you say all this?

Hyita: …I'm tired. I'll see you in the morning.

Sanai: …Fine. Good night.

Hyita: …-nods and walks out-

Sanai: Hey, what about all these clothes on the floor?!

Hyita: -walks back in- Sorry. –begins picking up the clothes-

Sanai: Thanks…you're not as bad as I thought… -stretches-

-The towel drops from my body…Hyita looks up at me in shock…-

Sanai: STOP LOOKIN', YA PERV!

-The door opens and Hyita looks back that way as Hiro walks in-

Hiro: Did I just hear someone say they needed a "perv's" attention? –looks at Sanai and gasps-

Sanai: Hiro!?

Hiro: Uh…I'm just gonna go. –grabs Hyita and pulls him out-

Sanai: How embarrassing!

Yo's Voice: Naked?! Where?!

Sanai: -shuts the door and sighs-

Yo's Voice: Aw, no fair!

-Later that night…-

Yo: Theo should be here soon.

Yukito: Where's Sanai? Will she be meeting him tonight?

Yo: I doubt it. She's asleep.

Yukito: I hope he goes on a long trip so they won't have to meet for a while.

Yo: Have you attained a crush so soon? She's only been here a day! Good lord!

Yukito: Wha-I don't-you know how Theodore is! She seems like a good girl and I think she should find a better suitor.

Yo: Aren't you and I potential suitors? And Roiju and Hyita and Hiro? Who are you talking about?

Yukito: No! Or maybe, but…Roiju is too abrasive and Hyita is too along with too confident. Hiro has been a friend for so long and I believe he's told me he doesn't look at her that way and she knows it. As for you…you're too old.

Yo: In some places. But I think we're in a place that allows it. If not we'll just wait a few years. Our love is too strong to be ignored.

Yukito: Oh, please…

Yo: I see you named something wrong with everyone, but you…

Yukito: No…I'm too soft-spoken…It's not like I'd ever be able to tell her how I feel…

Yo: Tsk tsk…thinking like that is what keeps you single. Confidence and strength is what win girls' hearts. Roiju and Hyita stand a way better chance than you with Sanai right now. If I were you I'd try to make a move before one of them falls for her too. But that's just what I'd do.

-The front door opens and a young man in all black holding a suitcase walks in…-

Yo: Theo! There you are. Your betrothed is asleep. You got here too late.

Theo: And I have to leave again. How bothersome…I only came hoping I'd get a chance to see her.

Yukito: How long will you be gone?

Theo: A whole week. I'll be returning the Monday after this upcoming one. I'm sorry. But I have important business. Even after that day I must go on a long trip that lasts almost a month.

Yo: That doesn't give you a lot of time to spend with your betrothed…

Theo: We'll talk when we can. Give her my number and tell her to call me this weekend. Goodbye. –walks out-

Yo: Gone again. Like the breeze on a hot summer's day…no…not quite. I miss the breeze on those days…

Yukito: He doesn't deserve Sanai! The fiend…

Yo: Well, you got what you wanted. They'll meet soon, but…he'll be gone again. I doubt she'll fall in love with him like that.

Yukito: Yes…you're right. I'm going to bed.

Yo: You'll give Sanai Theo's number tomorrow when you go to school, right?

Yukito: …Sure… -walks out-

Yo: … -begins reading a newspaper-
Sign up to rate and review this story