Categories > Original > Romance > The Finish Line

A Place To Come

by EricaSharp12 0 reviews

Roiju takes Sanai to his favorite place.

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2015-08-24 - 4195 words

0Unrated
{FRIDAY}

-Outside: Sanai, Hiro, and Yukito-

Hiro: -yawns- See why I'm always so tired when I get to school? I have to walk this long way!

Sanai: Yeah…How come Roiju and Hyita aren't coming?

Hiro: Hyita likes to walk alone and Roiju too.

Yukito: They're loners.

Sanai: I thought you were too.

Yukito: …Yeah, well…

Hiro: Let's go!

Yukito: *I can't give her Theodore's number. I just can't! *

Sanai: Are you coming, Yukito?

Yukito: Yes. Sorry for the hold up.

-Later At Taiga High…-

Boy: Stop right there, Yukito Aizawa, Sanai Furoshimi, Hiro Fuyobashi! I have a bone to pick with you three!

Yukito: Oh no…

Sanai: Not this guy…

Hiro: Sorry, I got a meeting with a hot babe! See ya! –starts to walk away-

Boy: No, you don't! –runs and grabs Hiro's shirt- I, Itaru Tsuru, must speak to you all urgently about the disrespect you have shown your school!

Sanai: What are ya talkin' about?

Itaru: Miss Furoshimi, I'm so glad you asked, because now I can tell you about how you make your school look bad! Now, I know some people may have accents here at this school and they are as beautiful as they are different, but YOU! You have been attending this school for quite a while and I know for a fact that you've had at least one English class so why is it that your English is so poor?!

Sanai: You bastard!

Itaru: Profanity! There should be no profanity in this school! That is in the school handbook that you should've read over your first year here!

Hiro: Let me go already! Cherise is waiting!

Itaru: Mr. Fuyobashi! The way you gawk at these women and lead them on just to break their poor pretty little hearts is just barbaric and unhealthy!

Hiro: So what?

Itaru: How do you expect to ever get a girlfriend?!

Hiro: It's been no problem so far.

Itaru: It will become a problem! Take it from someone who knows!

Yukito: Can we go now?

Itaru: What a breath of fresh air you are, Yukito…If only the air wasn't being polluted by these two! Why are you walking with them?!

Yukito: I live with Hiro. He's my brother's cousin. And Sanai is liv-

Hiro: She's my friend! He already knows that! –whispers—Don't tell him she's living with us. Then we'll have to here more of this stupid crap.

Yukito: Right…We just decided to walk together today. Sanai's my friend too.

Itaru: You should keep better company.

Sanai: Bastard!

Itaru: Should I report you for harassment?Sanai: I should report you, ya ass!

Itaru: That language is inappropriate and uncalled for!

-The bell rings…-

Itaru: Ah…Time for class. Lucky for you all. But I will be back. –runs-

Yukito: Thank goodness…Coming, Sanai?

Sanai: Yeah, I just gotta get something from my locker. Go on without me. I don't want to make you late.

Yukito: It's fine. –looks around- Hey, where'd Hiro go?

Hiro's Voice: Man, what's so bright?! I'm tryin' to figure out if that's the sun shining through that window or your radiance.

Girls Voice: -giggles- Hiro…

Yukito: Figures…

-Roiju is walking this way…-

Roiju: This sucks… -notices Sanai- Oh, you.

Sanai: That was a pretty rude response.

Roiju: My bad. Geez. Shouldn't you be getting to class?

Sanai: Is something wrong? There better be cause if not I'm gonna snap for ya talkin' to me like that.

Roiju: …Whatever! –looks at Yukito- I can't talk here.

Sanai: Can you talk after school?

Roiju: …Unh-huh…

Sanai: …Go to class without me, Yukito. Me and Roiju have to talk.

Yukito: …As you wish. –walks away-

Roiju: This isn't necessary.

Sanai: Just tell me what the matter is.

Roiju: Why should I?

Sanai: I'm tryin' to help ya! Just tell me. If it's something personal you don't have to tell me, but I might be able to help and I can keep a secret! I've never had to before, but I could do it now. I promise. I don't really talk to a lot of people so…

Roiju: If I tell you a secret I don't want you to tell anyone. Not even the other guys. Then Hiro's your best friend, right?I doubt if you accidently let anything slip with him he'll keep it secret.

Sanai: I won't tell him.

Roiju: Things slip. Sometimes people tell thing they shouldn't by accident. Some don't want to believe that, but it's true. Certain things can slip your mind and off your tongue too. I know it can happen.

Sanai: Roiju…

Roiju: I was thinking about some stuff this morning and I got a little down, but it's alright now.

Sanai: How that?

Roiju: It just is. I'm not going to mope about it and telling you will seem like I'm whining.

Sanai: Fine. You should've walked with us this morning.

Roiju: I'd rather walk alone. Besides I had somewhere to go before here.

Sanai: …Hey, where were you going to take me before Hiro interrupted yesterday?

Roiju: Huh?

Sanai: You were asking me if I wanted to go somewhere with you. I was going to go, but then Hiro asked me to come to his room.

Roiju: Oh…we can go today. We have to wait until after 5 though. Or maybe after dinner I guess…You'll still come with me?

Sanai: Yeah. I'm surprised you want me to go.

Roiju: We have so much in common so of course I do. I finally have someone to be on my side.

Sanai: What do we have in common?

Roiju: We both hate Yo!

Sanai: Uh, well…is that all?

Roiju: Uh…I don't know yet. But that's all that matters.

Sanai: Sure…well, we should be getting to our classes. We're already late.

Roiju: I have a better idea.

-In Town…-

Sanai: I hope ya have a good reason for why we ditched school.

Roiju: I have the plan that's gonna fix Yo. We just need a few things from the store. –runs into a building-

Sanai: Wait up! –runs in after Roiju- You hate Yo's attitude this much? Really?

Roiju: Yep. –tosses her a few random items such as soap, tissue, garbage bags, and ham…-

Sanai: What kind of plan is this…?

Roiju: You'll see.

Sanai: Y'know, I don't recall ever saying I hated Yo so-

Roiju: -gasps- …

Sanai: W-what?

Roiju: I almost forgot the fish! Catch! –throws a large fish at her that knocks her down-

Sanai: Ahh!

Roiju: Sanai? Are you alright?

Sanai: I think you broke my face…

Roiju: …So we should get ice too, you think?

-The Aizawa residence-

Yo: -humming while pouring some tea- I feel so relaxed…-trips and the tea wastes- Ahh! Not my chamomile! Huh? –notices the ham behind him- A…ham? This has Roiju written all over it. –stands- Another fail, but of course. I'm still alive, Roiju! Tripping over ham won't put a stake through my heart! I'm sorry!

Roiju: -creates a hole in the ceiling as he drops down with a fist to hit Yo-

Yo: -dodges- Watch it!

-There is a big hole in the floor where Roiju's punch landed…-

Roiju: Dammit!

Yo: Why can't we just be friends, Roiju?

Roiju: Yeah, as if! It didn't work, Sanai!

Yo: Sanai? You got her to help with this?

Sanai: I only went to the tore with him! And wait, you only used the ham! What was all that other stuff for?!

Roiju: Yeah, I decided I didn't want to use all that other stuff.

Sanai: So we got it for nothing?

Yo: Did you get toilet paper? We're just about out.

Roiju: Yeah.

Yo: It's not for nothing! See? We can use all the stuff you guys got. Less trips to the store for me. Wait, are you two playing hooky? Roiju, I understand. Your grades are so low it doesn't matter if you go or not, but Sanai?

Roiju: Hey, what the-?!

Yo: I believe I once heard Hiro say you were a bright young girl.

Sanai: I wanted to help Roiju. Not with this-well-uh…darn.

Yo: It's okay. Say, Yukito didn't happen to give you Theodore's number, did he?

Sanai: Theodore's number? No.

Yo: Didn't think so. It's my job to do so. Here. He wants you to call him at some point during this weekend.

Sanai: Oh…uh, alright. That'll be awkward…

Roiju: -grunts- …

Sanai: You okay, Roiju?

Roiju: I just hate Theodore.

Yo: Yeah yeah. The world knows. You hate everyone, right?

Roiju: That's not true…

Sanai: Why do you hate him? Hyita seemed like he has a problem with him too when we spoke yesterday. Is there something I should know about-

Yo: No, the Aizawas just love to complain. You'll learn that soon enough.

Roiju: I'm going to my room. –walks out-

Yo: I'm cooking tonight. What would you like? Pizza?

Sanai: I'd love some pizza! That's like my favorite food!

Yo: Hm…Roiju too.

Sanai: Does he really not like you? You seem like you have no problem with him.

Yo: I…slightly understand his reason for disliking my attitude. I have no reason not to like him except for his arrogance and ignorance. He doesn't dislike me or hate me. He just doesn't like the fact I'm so darn happy most of the time. It reminds him of…something that happened a few years ago. Anyway you should leave the kitchen! I don't like for people to watch me cook!

Sanai: Oh, alright.

-A short while later…Afterschool…-

Hiro: There you are, Sanai! I didn't see you in Math and I got worried!

Sanai: Really? You didn't need to worry. I'm fine.

Hiro: I wasn't worried about you! I thought I was going to need you to get Raeko's number, but nope! I got it myself!

Sanai: You ass.

Hiro: At least I'm honest.

Yukito: Did you leave during school?

Sanai: I was trying to help Roiju with something…

Yukito: One of his tricks…Please don't leave school like that again. You might get in trouble.

Sanai: Alright…

-Hyita walks by…-

Sanai: Hey, Hyita.

Hyita: -looks back at Sanai- … -continues walking away-

Sanai: What the heck? Why's he bein' an ass again?

Yukito: That's just how my brother is. Don't take it to heart.

Sanai: Sure.

Yukito: Hey, have I shown you the garden?

Sanai: No.

Yukito: Come with me.

-Yukito leads me outside and we cross the river to see a garden full of vegetables…-

Sanai: Wow, what do you grow-everything?

Yukito: -chuckles- No, just a few basic things like tomatoes, carrots, lettuce. I prefer growing vegetables rather than buying them at the store. This way I know for sure they're fresh. I want to grow some radishes, but they don't sell any around here.

Sanai: They get new stuff almost every week. Have you checked recently?

Yukito: No. Would you like to go with me today?

Sanai: Oh, I would, but I told Roiju I'd go with him somewhere later. I don't know how long it'll last.

Yukito: Oh…well…Maybe tomorrow?

Sanai: Yeah.

Yukito: Good. Where are you going with Roiju?

Sanai: I don't know…wherever he's takin' me.

Yukito: *remembering: "-Thinking like that is what keeps you single. Confidence and strength is what win girls' hearts. Roiju and Hyita stand a way better chance than you with Sanai right now. If I were you I'd try to make a move before one of them falls for her too. But that's just what I'd do."* -grunts- Do you think that Roiju is interested in you?

Sanai: Huh?! W-wha-I don't know! I wouldn't think so…I haven't done much of anything. We just met.

Yukito: Yes, but…anyway…I know it may be too early to ask, but could you imagine yourself being a girlfriend to someone here?

Sanai: -blushes- A girlfriend? I don't know… *Is Yukito…?* Too early to tell.

Yukito: Right…

-Hiro walks over…-

Hiro: Hey, guys! Dinner is ready! It looks delish too. There's no way in Hell Yo made it.

Yukito: Oh, let's go. –walks away-

Sanai: Hiro…you don't think Yukito or anyone likes me, do you?

Hiro: -sighs- Sanai, I told you…you're in a house full of boys. They're probably horny!

Sanai: Hiro!

Hiro: What?! Look, they could all fall for you. A man doesn't want to let out his emotions to another man. Now that you're here there can be emotional release. The big factor though is physical attraction. I don't look at you like that, but I'm guessing you have a pretty nice bod.

Sanai: You can't be telling me you've never noticed my body type.

Hiro: I haven't.

Sanai: And you're not looking now?

Hiro: Nope. For what? –walks away-

Sanai: He's so weird…

-At the dinner table…-

Yo: I made this pizza to perfection!

Hyita: I saw the pizza deliveryman come at the door.

Yo: -nervous chuckle- What!? You're so funny! You're just saying my pizza is so good that it just has to be delivery.

Hyita: It is delivery.

Yo: How's it taste, Sanai?

Hyita: Like delivery.

Yo: Hush up, Hyita!

Sanai: -bites a slice of pizza- It's really good. It does taste like delivery…

Roiju: -speaks sarcastically- Wonder why.

Sanai: -giggles-

Yukito: Roiju. I hear you're going somewhere with Sanai.

Roiju: Maybe.

Yukito: Where are you taking her?

Roiju: A place that's none of your business.

Yukito: Hm.

Hiro: Aren't you going somewhere with her tomorrow? What's your problem?

Yukito: I don't have a problem.

Hiro: Why don't we all do something with Sanai? Today-Roiju. Tomorrow-Yukito. The Next Day-Hyita. Next will probably be Theodore…Then Yo. Then the best for last. What do you say, Sanai?

Sanai: I don't mind. Does anyone have a problem with it? –looks at Hyita-

-There is momentary silence and Hyita stands from the table-

Hyita: I have something to work on.

Sanai: Need help?

Hyita: …Hmph. Do I need it? No. If I needed help I would've already attained it. At this point I have everything I require. Or did you mean do I want help? Because I don't. I could use help, but I'd rather not have it.

Sanai: Well, excuse me!

Hyita: … -walks out-

Roiju: Ready to go, Sanai?

Sanai: Yeah.

-A seashore-

Sanai: It's so beautiful…

Roiju: I love this place. It's relaxing. No one ever comes here at this time of day.

Sanai: It's only like 7 pm.

Roiju: I know, but don't question it.

Sanai: Why'd you want to bring me here?

Roiju: …Don't start thinking something crazy after I say this! I-…I used to come here with someone…You remind me of them.

Sanai: I do? Who was it?

Roiju: …My friend. Her hair was that same shade of brown…Her eyes were that shade of blue too…

-Roiju is looking at me pleased-talking as if he was comparing me to an image of his old friend in his head…I was blushing at his smile…-

Sanai: Oh geez…

Roiju: Sorry, am I making you uncomfortable?

Sanai: …A little…

Roiju: -turns to look at the water- She was so beautiful…

Sanai: So you're tellin' me you think I'm beautiful?

Roiju: Uh, well…that's not what I said! Don't put words in my mouth!

Sanai: My bad!

Roiju: Anyway…now you know why I wanted you to come. Is there anywhere you'd like me to come soon?

Sanai: Uhh…I don't know. I hardly go anywhere. I'm usually all alone at home. The only person I really talk to is Hiro. I have some friends in school, but I don't talk to them out of it.

Roiju: Why?

Sanai: I don't know…Sometimes I think they only talk to me, because I'm the best on the track team.

Roiju: I'm sure that's not true. Look, if you ever want company you can come talk to me. I know how it feels to be alone.

Sanai: Thank you…

Roiju: No problem.

Sanai: Hey, wait, I know where you can come.

Roiju: Where? Give me a time and I'll be there.

Sanai: The last track competition. It's next week. I'll give you an exact time later.

Roiju: Great. Hey, you want to race? Let's see which one of us is faster!

Sanai: Okay! I'm gonna be mad if it's you though cause you should be on the team.

-Later…The sky is dark and few stars light the night…-

Roiju: -falls to the white sand that seems to glow…- Ahh…

Sanai: -falls next to Roiju- I'm tired…You're way quicker than me!

Roiju: -laughs- Yeah, I am!

Sanai: Don't gloat to my face!

Roiju: I'm not gloating!

Sanai: *Now…I think I could see myself falling for this guy…But it's only the second day. I don't know…Wait a sec. I should…* Can I ask you something?

Roiju: Go ahead.

Sanai: Why do you hate Theodore?

-Roiju frowns and pauses…-

Sanai: Would you rather not talk about him? I'm just really curious about-

Roiju: It's fine. I'm "not allowed" to talk about that though.

Sanai: Is he a bad person? Why does Yo let him stay there if he is?

Roiju: It's…complicated…

Sanai: …Okay… -hugs Roiju-

Roiju: Uh-…w-what are you doing?! Stop this!

Sanai: -giggles and throws up a peace sign-

Roiju: Huh? Why did you do that?

Sanai: Peace. –stands- And peace out! –runs- Race ya back to the house!

Roiju: Hey, you cheater! –runs-

-The Forest of Change-

Sanai: Oh no…I could swear there was a big fat tree here and that's how I was going to find my way back!

Roiju: This is the forest of change. Everything in it changes after a certain amount of time.

Sanai: So how do we get back to the house?!

Roiju: I don't know! I never go through here!

Sanai: Then why'd you let me go first?!

Roiju: I didn't let you! –sighs- All we have to do is go straight, right? No matter what changes in front of us we have to keep walking in that direction.

Sanai: But I think we turned once or twice…

Roiju: If it's not straight ahead we'll try a new direction. We'll find it eventually. It can't be too hard.

Sanai: Alright. I hope you're right.

-A while later they stand before a waterfall into a small pond…-

Sanai: This aint it.

Roiju: No. It's not. Let's try another direction.

-A while later they stand before a group of resting bears…-

Sanai: Crap! What the-?!

-The bears begin to wake…-

Roiju: Let's try again! –grabs Sanai's arm and runs-

Sanai: Whoa!

Roiju: Shut up before they decide to come after us!

-A while later they stand before a tiger growling at them…-

Roiju: I'm never going anywhere with you ever again.

Sanai: Wha-…let's run! –runs away and the tiger starts after them-

Roiju: -screams as he runs- This sucks!

Sanai: I think I know the way now! Follow me!

-A short while later they appear back in front of the bears…-

Roiju: -screams and grabs Sanai and runs- You know nothing! Don't you ever try to lead me anywhere again!

-A long while later…-

Sanai: -sighs- Those were a bunch of close calls, huh?

Roiju: …I'm about to cry for the first time ever in my life…

Sanai: Huh?

Roiju: And because it's your fault…believe me when I say you won't live to tell the tale!

Sanai: -nervous laugh- Instead of getting angry we should be trying to get out of this forest! It's so hard when it's so dark. I think I see something on the ground though. –bends over and her butt hits Roiju…-

Roiju: -gasps- …

Sanai: Sorry!-

-Roiju grabbed my waist…-

Sanai: -blushes- Uhhh…Roiju?

-A flashlight shined on us and Roiju let me go quickly-

Yo: There you are! What are you doing out here? I agree that if you want to get freaky outdoors without getting penalized for it this is the place to do it, but still…I would've went a little further into the forest, but maybe that's just me.-

Roiju: We weren't getting freaky! We were trying to find our way back!

Yo: You offer to take her somewhere and then you get lost? You're horrible!

Roiju: What the-?!

Sanai: Actually I'm the one that got us lost on the way back…What are you doing out here?

Yo: Looking for you. It's midnight and you're not home. Yukito and Hiro were worried. Hyita too though he'd never admit it. I was just a little curious as to where you were. The home is just a few feet away this way. See? –leads Roiju and Sanai a few several feet away and they end up in front of a group of tigers- Whoops. Wrong way. It was right. Not left.

Roiju: What?! See his attitude! He's stupid!

Sanai: The tiger has a family…

Roiju: Let's go! –grabs Sanai and runs-

-A short while later they arrive at the Aizawa residence…Yo has just walked inside-

Sanai: This was a crazy night, huh? Did you really mean you didn't want to go anywhere else with me?

Roiju: What?

Sanai: Out there you said you were never going anywhere else with me again.

Roiju: I did? It was just in the heat of the moment probably.

Sanai: Good. Cause I think I like hanging out with you.

Roiju: Oh…Well, I am pretty cool.

Sanai: -laughs- Yeah, you are.

-We walk inside to see Hyita at the kitchen table working on something…-

Sanai: Good night, Roiju.

Roiju: Yeah…night. –walks out-

Sanai: Are you still being an ass, Hyita?

Hyita: Are you still informing me of your opinions? If so then I guess.

Sanai: -scoffs- Hyita, you don't want me to get mean!

Hyita: No, I want you to mollify yourself and go to bed. You're too loud. It's midnight.

Sanai: What am I going to do-wake the neighbors?! No one lives near here!

Hyita: No, but you could wake someone up who's sleeping here.

Sanai: Who's asleep then?!

Hyita: Hiro and Yukito I know for sure.

Sanai: Well, fine. I'll be quiet then.

Hyita: Good.

Sanai: Jerk. –walks out-

-Yo walks into the kitchen-

Yo: Hyita?

Hyita: …-looks to Yo-

Yo: What's your deal? Aren't you interested in Sanai?

Hyita: …Interested? What about her is interesting?

Yo: I don't know…

Hyita: Then why ask that question?

Yo: What are you working on?

Hyita: It's just some late homework.

Yo: "Late"?

Hyita: Yes.

Yo: I never imagined you would have late homework.

Hyita: …

Yo: Sanai is a pretty nice girl. She's attractive and friendly…

Hyita: How nice.

Yo: Yes…and she's looking for love. Here.

Hyita: She doesn't have to fall in love. She can't anyway. Such a thing doesn't exist.

Yo: She needs someone to save her from marrying Theodore.

Hyita: For all we know she could get to know Theodore and like him.

Yo: But you wouldn't want that to happen, would you?

Hyita: …Only because Theodore is undeserving.

Yo: I suppose she could still fall for someone that doesn't live here. There'd probably be less drama that way…

Hyita: That's what she should do.

Yo: But what are the chances of that?

Roiju: She told me she hardly goes anywhere.

-Roiju stands at the entrance to the kitchen…-

Yo: Oh, you're not in bed yet?

Roiju: You don't have to worry about Theodore…because I don't want that bastard to have her and I'm going to do my best to make sure she ends up with someone that makes her happy!

Hyita: -very slight gasp- …

Yo: Hm. -smiles-

-In the hallway outside the kitchen stands Yukito with a heated expression on his face as he clenches his fists…-

Hyita: I didn't know you had such strong emotions. Makes sense I guess. You're so weak physically. But that just makes you even more pathetic, doesn't it?

Roiju: What the hell did you say?!

Yo: Hyita, what's the meaning of this?

Roiju: He wants a fight!

Hyita: I don't want to hurt you.

Roiju: Let's go right now! -his nails grow sharp-

Yo: Please don't do this in the house…

Hyita: I'm going to bed.

Roiju: Yeah, go before I change my mind!

Yo: Iju, calm down…What if Sanai saw you right now?

Roiju: I can't help it!

Yo: I understand. You get angry quick. Just…oh, there's some leftover pizza!

Roiju:…I love pizza…Heat it up! I'm still angry though… -his nails revert back to normal-

Yo: Of course…You know who else loves pizza?

Roiju: Who? You better not say Hyita!

Yo: No. Sanai.

Roiju: …Really?

Yo: Yeah. She told me it was her favorite food.

Roiju: …Cool.

-The hallway-

Yukito: Hyita?

Hyita: What?

Yukito: You don't like Sanai, do you?

Hyita: …You like her?

Yukito: I might…I've never had the courage to talk to her during school and now that she's here…

Hyita: Good for you. –walks away-

Yukito: So…it's just Roiju…
Sign up to rate and review this story