Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Slumber On

Her fault

by panda_1418 0 reviews

Julius is taken to hospital - it's rated V for blood, but it's not gory.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-08-16 - Updated: 2006-08-16 - 654 words

0Unrated
A scream tore out of Delilah's throat as Julius fell to the ground. He had been hit in the head and was bleeding freely. Delilah looked around wildly, trying to figure out what had happened. She caught a glimpse of Nurse, fleeing from the top of the cavern, with a sniper rifle in her hands.

"Oh my god ..." Delilah murmured.

She quickly checked Julius' pulse, hoping he wasn't ... well ... At first, there was no pulse, and Delilah began to cry. But suddenly, she felt a very faint beat. She cradled Julius in her arms, not caring about the blood.

"Julius ..."

Delilah realized that if she didn't find something to stem the blood, Julius would bleed to death before Al and medical attention got there. Well, once she radioed them. She looked wildly around, for anything, / anything /! Then Delilah spotted one of Nurse's extra uniforms. She left Julius only for a moment, to grab it. She then quickly held it to the wound on the side of his head.

Delilah took out her blackberry. Al came on, looking sleepy and dressed in his fluffy blue jimjams (a/n jimjams, pyjamas, I'm half English).

"Yeah, kiddo?" he yawned.

"Al, I need you here five minutes ago!" Delilah cried. "Julius has been shot!"

Immediately, Al was awake. "I got your coordinates, we're on our way. Hang tight, kiddo."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

To Delilah, it felt like days before Al arrived, even though it was only hours. When they did, the EMS put Julius on a stretcher and loaded him into the jet. Scarlett comforted Delilah.

"You always said he had a hard head, kitten," she cooed. "He'll be fine. He's lucky, a shot like that should have killed him."

Surprisingly, this didn't make Delilah feel any better. It was her fault. If she hadn't been there ... if she'd noticed the red dot ... she'd be the one being rushed to a hospital in B.C., not Julius.

Not her Julius.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The day Delilah, Al and Scarlett got back to the Academy, they helped Ursula, Emmit and Nosey pack their clothes before they headed off to Vancouver Island. It was a grueling flight for all the agents. They didn't know what they would find when they got there.

In the lobby, Al tried to ask the secretary to see Julius Chevalier. However, the secretary refused.

"I'm sorry, sir. You can go see him, but other than that, only immediate family members -"

"He's got no family, man!" Al shouted. "She's, like, his Siamese twin, man. She's got to see him."

The secretary seemed to want to say no, but the sadness in Delilah's eyes convinced her. "Very well. He's on the fourth floor, room 105."

Delilah was up there in a flash, leaving the rest of her agents waiting in the lobby. They all knew she needed alone-time with her partner.

When Delilah reached room 105, she hesitated. What would she find behind those doors? Julius was alive, yes, but ... Delilah tried not to think about it as she pushed the yellow, once white, doors open.

You all know what she saw. Pale skin, damp hair, eyes following dreams. Delilah shook her head, blinking back tears. It was horrible. This was her fault. Her fault.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After twenty minutes of just sitting, watching, and stroking Julius' cheeks, Al and a doctor (Doctor Kazman, said his name tag) came in.

"You can tell her, man," Al was urging. "Tell us both."

Delilah looked up. "What? What is it?"

Dr Kazman glanced briefly at Julius. "Er, well, he's in a coma, but doing fine. He's not going to die ... right away."

Delilah and Al were in the middle of celebrating when the doctor added that. "What do you mean?" Delilah asked.

"Well, you know how comas are. Some last days, some weeks, some months, some years ... and some last forever. I'm sorry Miss Devonshire, Mr, uh, Al ... but we don't expect Julius to wake up. I'm sorry."

No ...
Sign up to rate and review this story