Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Slumber On

Rescued?

by panda_1418 1 review

One of the agents pays a price ...

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure - Published: 2006-08-15 - Updated: 2006-08-16 - 548 words

0Unrated
10 minutes after he had woken up, Julius hit the water, swimming to Delilah's rescue. He was hoping and praying that Dismay hadn't tortured or harmed her in any way. What would he do without Delilah?

No, don't think about that.

Soon, Julius had reached the island. He smirked slightly at the large electrical fences surrounding the beach. OK, no getting on that way. So there had to be an underwater entrance. Julius swam down into the black depths. He was forced to turn his flashlight on, for it was impossible to see.

An hour later, Julius had circled the island, with no luck at finding an entrance. He sat down on a rock, frustrated with this failure. But he didn't have to be angry long. The rock he had sat on sunk into the ground. A small hole opened in the rock-face in front of him.

Wow, Julius thought, that was lucky. Of all the rocks, it was the one I sat on.

He entered the cave, not knowing what to expect.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Julius had ditched his scuba gear on the egde of the small pool had had surfaced in. He no longer needed his flashlight, for the caves were lit by artifical lights.

The agent felt extremely awkward in the silence. The only noise was the drip-drip of water as it slid down the stalactites and fell to the cave floor.

Suddenly, Julius heard rushed footsteps, cmoning his way. He quickly ducked into a crack, waiting to see who it was. He hoped it was Delilah, running free from her kidnappers.

It wasn't.

It was Dr Dismay, an evil grin on his face. Julius stuck out his foot and tripped Dismay. As soon as he hit the ground, Julius was upon him. He grabbed the front of Dismay's shirt, pulling him close to his face.

"Where's Delilah?"

Dismay chuckled. "And what will you do when I tell you? You can't take me with you, or make me wait here. So, Gumdrop, what's it gonna be? Stop the dashing, dastardly doctor, or rescue your precious partner?"

Julius didn't even have to think. "Tell me where she is."

Dismay pointed down one of the passages. "She's in there."

Julius shoved the doctor to the ground and hurried down the tunnel. He hoped that he would not find a murder scene.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As Julius entered the cavern, he was overjoyed to see Delilah unharmed. Well, she was tied to a really big rock, but that was fine. Julius rushed over to her and began to undo the knots on her binds. Delilah tried to shout something from beneath her gag.

"I'm hurrying, OK, D?" he murmured, thinking that was what she was saying.

When Delilah was free, Julius ripped off the duct tape. "OK, let's go!"

"No, Julius - Julius, wait -" Delilah tried to warn, but he was in too much of a rush.

"We can talk when we're out of here. Now where's the nuke?"

Delilah forced Julius to stop. "Jules, there is no nuke! It's a -"

But there was no time for Delilah to finish her sentence. Julius noticed a small red dot on the side of her head. Knowing what it was, Julius knocked his partner out of the way.

Delilah screamed as the shot rang out through the cave.
Sign up to rate and review this story