Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Slumber On

Didn't Get The Chance

by panda_1418 0 reviews

Delilah needs to say something to her partner.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-08-16 - Updated: 2006-08-16 - 220 words

0Unrated
One week left until she had to go back to Halifax. Delilah was distraught. Surely Julius could hear all that went on around him? Why wouldn't he wake up? Delilah shook her head. This was torture. What had she done to deserve this?

Delilah looked down at Julius. His eyes still moved beneath closed eyelids. She wondered what dreams he was having. A small laugh escaped her lips. At least he could have dreams. Delilah was finding it harder and harder to get to sleep. And when she did, that horrible moment replayed itself over and over in her mind.

If she ever ran in to Nurse again ...

Delilah put her hand on Julius', murmuring softly to him. "You know, I really need you, Jules. Al told me I'm going away in a week. I don't want to. I don't want to leave you."

Tears fell to the yellow sheets. "Dammit, Julius, I wish this hadn't happened to you. I wish it was my lying there, not you! I wish I had the chance. The chance to tell you I loved you. But now I won't ever get the chance! I didn't get the chance!"

Delilah rested her head on the corner of the cot. She didn't get the chance. If Julius woke up, she wouldn't waste any more time.
Sign up to rate and review this story