Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Weaknesses

Weaknesses

by ConclusionOfTheHeart 0 reviews

The Akatsuki are, no doubt, known for being a group of incredibly strong ninja. But even the most powerful ninja have some type of...weakness. What happens when each members' weakness is ultimately...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2015-09-06 - 718 words

0Unrated
PROLOGUE: Just to give you an idea of what's going on and what's to come in the next chapters.

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto.

"Deidara, I'm glad you're here. Now there is an important matter that we must discuss."

"Sure what is it un?"

Deidara had never particularly liked their leader. After forcing him into the Akatsuki, waking him at inadequate hours of the day and night to go on dumb missions, and ignoring his requests for raises or breaks. But at the end of the day, he had to admit, Pein was at least the slightest bit reasonable. Today however, his mind had changed and came to the conclusion that his leader had no idea what reason was.

"Wait a second, Sir. What do you want me to do un?" Deidara asked holding back his incredulous look.

Pein sighed. "We've been through this, Deidara. It isn't difficult to comprehend."

"Well maybe not, but I mean, what's the point?"

Thus Pein restarted his long story of explanation.

"I will say this once more. This organization is one of overwhelming power, and that is only because of the ninja within it. We are the Akatsuki. Even so, over the past few months, I have been closely observing you all and noticed at least one weakness from almost each one of you. We cannot let anything disrupt our goals in the future."

Deidara nodded impatiently wanting him to go on.

"This is why I decided we will spend a week trying something new: Each day a member will be challenged against you. Their challenge will be to face the weakness that I see within them. After all, the best way to strengthen a ninja in their flaws is to face their weak points and conquer them once and for all, eventually making us invincible." Pein finished, intertwining his fingers after placing them on his desk giving an air of finality.

The bomber could understand that. He even thought it was a good strategy when it came to strengthening, however that didn't mean he was for it.

"Okay, but why me? Why do I have to be the one to face them all?"

The ginger-haired man looked up from his paper work. "It's simple. We don't have enough time in our schedule to go through every member. Konan and I decided we had to leave one of you out, and since you seem to be the most well-balanced, you will not be tested, but we were still in need of an executer. So, instead of being tested, you will be each member's opponent. Think of it as a type of mission."

The blonde narrowed his eyes at Pein. Deidara loved to fight, and he wasn't above getting another opportunity to use his art. But there was something about the gleam in Pein's ringed eyes that put him on edge. Something that told him he wouldn't like this.

Finally Deidara spoke, deciding to take a risk "And if I refuse, un?"

Pein fixed him with his usual reserved stare. "There will be no refusal Deidara."

Deidara looked on stubbornly.

"Actually, I've just realized I have a dozen folders full of missions that need accomplishing, and I'm afraid your partner, Sasori will be busy, however Tobi will be free for every single one. There is over twelve."

Deidara's heart skipped beat. Anything but that.

"That's not even the beginning of the tasks you'll receive if you will not willingly cooperate."

Deidara sighed inwardly. Ok, he thought. Maybe he was getting worked up for nothing. How hard could it be to face almost every member anyway? Especially when it came to a competition along the lines of their weaknesses?

He sighed, defeated. "Fine. I'll do it. When do we start?"

"You will face your first opponent tomorrow. By the way it's in your best interest you try your best to win each challenge. I want no slacking off. Or else." Pein's eyes narrowed threateningly. Deidara forced himself to bow respectfully as he accepted this weird 'mission'. As he went to the door however, he asked the question that was making him doubt this whole thing.

"Leader. What exactly are these challenges going to be, hm?" For the first time ever, Deidara saw Pein's lips quirk up in a ghost of a smirk.

"You'll see."
Sign up to rate and review this story