Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Weaknesses

Stoicism

by ConclusionOfTheHeart 0 reviews

Third chapter of Weaknesses...

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2015-09-06 - 1902 words

0Unrated
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Naruto, nor do I own anything in this story except for the plot. Hehe... :)

...

Stoicism

The next day, all the members were back in the lounge room once again to engage in the daily challenge. Pein cleared his throat and rose his hand, getting everyone's attention.

"Now, we are going forward to day two of our daily challenges. Last night, me and Konan thought and discussed deeply on who our next challenger would be, and we have finally come to a decision." Everyone stared at Pein, awaiting his next words.

Konan stood up and held the clip board in her hands, face stern and formal. "Next challenge: Deidara-san VS. Itachi-san." Deidara's heart began to pound as his ears were filled with the member's chatter. He hated the Uchiha, and he'd usually jump at the opportunity to defeat him at something, but as much as he hated to admit it, he wasn't sure he was ready to face the weasel. He was still in the process of training to get his revenge on him.

"Itachi, you are Deidara's next opponent because, I have sensed a weakness within you that cannot be ignored." Pein said solemnly.

Itachi raised his eyes questioningly to meet the leaders, he looked slightly disinterested. "Hn."

"You are one of the most powerful this organization has, however. You are very reserved and have a stoicism about you that gives me the impression that you have something bottled up inside."

Itachi raised his eyebrow slightly. Since when did a ruthless killer care about his subordinates feelings?

"My point is, if you continue to act this way, it can become an eventual problem during your missions."

Itachi stared ahead blankly. "I have no idea what you're talking about. My personal problems do not hinder my performance during missions and I believe that's all that matters, am I wrong?", Itachi spoke flatly. It was very rare he spoke this much and every eye was on him in silent astonishment.

"Pein-sama's got a point, Itachi-san.", Kisame said reluctantly. "You do seem to be naturally tense, and whenever we're on missions I can sense your manner making others suspicious. That could've blown our cover at anytime...", Kisame said trailing off with a shrug of the shoulders. Itachi ignored his partner.

"The way I am has nothing to do with matters concerning the Akatsuki." Itachi said with the same flat tone, indicating that he didn't wish to continue this discussion.

"If that's what you'd like to think, Itachi, but as the leader of the Akatsuki, you will participate. Am I clear?" Pein's voice sounded dangerously calm. Itachi was less than pleased, to say the least, but he didn't believe challenging the leader anytime soon was necessary. He sighed inaudibly, standing up. Might as well get this over with.

Pein nodded in content. "Very well. This is for your own good, Itachi. Now, since I believe the solution to your weakness is loosening up, your challenge will be a dance-off. Yo-"

"What?!" Deidara yelled indignantly in chorus with Hidan and Kisame who were amused beyond compare.

"Leader's finally lost it." Kisame muttered to a bored looking Sasori. Itachi continued standing in place, looking impassive, though he tensed slightly.

"Oh hell no, un! Sir, I don't see how this will help Itachi in any way! I refuse to do this!" Deidara said boldly but instantly regretted it as he was forcefully smacked into the wall with something that felt like a strong gush of air. He groaned as he slid down slowly.

Pein glared, bringing his raised hand back down to his side. "Do not test me, Deidara. Everything I do is for a reason, we are very busy and I am not for wasting time. Now, stand up, and get on the dance floor. Now.", Pein ordered. Everyone's attention was on Itachi again as he gracefully walked onto the flashing floor. It lit up in different colors and there was a disco ball hanging above.

The blonde grumbled curses under his breath, dragging himself onto the floor to face the damn Uchiha.

"It's okay Senpai!" Tobi cheered shaking his hips. "Show everyone whatcha got!" Everyone began snickering once again.

"Shut up, Tobi, un!" He was definitely killing that dumbass when he was done. Deidara hated this but it was okay. This was a challenge he was not going to lose. He sized the Uchiha up who was leveling him with a blank stare. Deidara smirked. No one knew it, but the artist actually had a secret talent for dancing. He would always take dancing classes back in his Iwagakure days during his leisure. He was always the envy of every other dancer in his class, always able to bust the ultimate groovy moves.

Despite his optimism, he knew this would be a piece of cake, especially facing this dull weasel. He'd surprise everyone.

"Alright," Deidara sighed, feigning reluctance. "Lets do this already."

"Come on, Itachi-san! Er- surely you've got some er-popping and um-locking within you!" Kisame struggled miserably to encourage the motionless Uchiha.

"Kisame." Sasori said. "Just sit down." Kisame sat down sheepishly.

"Very well then," Pein took his seat next to Konan as she began writing stuff down on the clipboard. "The rules are again, simple. You cannot have the same dance moves. The winner is whoever is cheered on the most. Take your places. This dance-off begins..." Pein pushed a button on the radio and music with a catchy beat began to blast out of the speakers. The room got dark, disco lights on Deidara and Itachi. "Now."

Instantly, Hidan sprung off the couch and began chanting and pumping his fist to the beat of the song. "Yeah! Dance, dance, dance, dance!" Tobi got up and joined in, dancing wildly.

Deidara grinned gleefully at the music. He loved this song. His eyes however narrowed suspiciously as Itachi's sharingan suddenly activated, piercing the darkness as it lit up the Weasel's face. He scoffed. Itachi should've already known he had trained himself against the sharingan. As if it would've worked on him. He ignored it as he began to bust his first move, but gasped in surprise as Itachi hit the Whip and the Nae-Nae. That was his move!

Itachi threw his fist forward then waved as he backed up to the beat of the song. He repeated those moves gracefully as his expression remained emotionless.

The Akatsuki cheered, save Kakuzu, Sasori, and Pein.

"Waaah! Hit that Nae-Nae, Itachi-san!" Deidara threw a glare at the masked man who couldn't see it through the darkness. That traitor.

No problem. The blonde shifted rhythmically as he quickly thought up his next move, when-

"Yeah, do that Cha-Cha, Itachi! Come on Dei-Chan, is that all you got? Dance, dammit!" Hidan yelled encouragingly.

"Cha, cha, cha, cha, cha, cha! Itachi-san, you rule!"

Deidara gaped as he watched Itachi steal his move yet again. He couldn't do it now, or he'd be disqualified. How the heck was this Uchiha so perfect? Elite ninja, good hair, and good taste in dance moves?

"Deidara," Pein's voice sounded through the speaker as he spoke through the microphone. "Rocking back and forth barely counts as a dance move. Dance." He sat back down rinnegan burning into Deidara warningly.

Deidara thought again. Okay this time Itachi wasn't getting the spotlight-

"Hey, now Itachi's doing the running man! Hey!" Tobi cheered gleefully. The members cheered again. Deidara cursed, his move again. But no one knew-

"Eeeeey, krump it up Itachi! Oh man, now you're even break dancing!" Deidara stared wide eyed as Itachi broke out in the same moves the blonde was seconds away from busting. He did them fluently from the jerk, back to the Nae-Nae then began pumping it too. Deidara was speechless.

"Hey, Itachi-san! You need to teach me how to dougie!" Kisame bellowed as he tried futilely to do just that, but didn't come close to the flawless way Itachi was doing it.

"Kisame. Just sit down." Sasori's bored, brown eyes peered up at the shark man. Kisame sat down sheepishly.

Deidara continued to stare at Itachi and soon realized the weasel staring back at him. His red eyes fixated on the blonde's form. The artist gasped, realization finally hitting.

"Damn you, un!" The music abruptly stopped and the member's cheering died down as Pein cleared his throat with much authority.

"Itachi, Itachi, Itachi!"

"Itachi-san!"

"That's enough everyone. Quiet down." Pein stood up, as the lights were flicked back on and Deidara saw as the Uchiha's sharingan whizzed away. "I see we have a winner here, Deidara, as you have not made one move since this dance-off started." Pein gestured to some of the standing members who looked pumped for Itachi.

The blonde sputtered desperately as he struggled to get the words out, face turning red in anger. "It was - I tried- he didn't - Itachi cheated! He was using his damn sharingan to see what I was planning to do next, un!"

Itachi fixed Deidara with an innocent, expressionless stare. "I did no such thing-"

"Like hell you didn't!"

"That's enough, Deidara. Whether Itachi used his sharingan or not does not matter. That did not apply to the rules. Besides. The point of this challenge was to allow Itachi to face his weakness, and now, I think we can all say he has loosened up a bit."

"But, you s-"

" I said enough." Pein gave him the look and the bomber's mouth was shut instantly, his face still red with rage. "I understand your protest, however, the rules are rules, and Itachi has evidently won the crowd." This was followed by whopping and cheering again. Deidara stared at everyone incredulously.

"Those were my moves! Itachi copied me, he-" Everyone seemed to be ignoring him as some members who actually cared about this whole thing cheered and Konan swooned a little at the Uchiha's moves.

"You lost this challenge, Deidara. Congratulations, Itachi, though I wouldn't normally except your strategy of success, you have passed your challenge, and will not be punished." Pein said turning to Itachi. Itachi nodded in return.

"And Deidara, since you lost, your salary has been reduced another 5% and you have bathroom chore duty for the following week." The blonde was about ready to rip his hair out.

Pein turned back to Itachi. "One more thing. Itachi, has this experience made you feel any less stoic?" Behind Pein's eyes was genuine curiosity. Itachi stood there, silent for a few seconds before he replied.

"I... Suppose, this has loosened me up a bit. But I do have other ways of getting things out of my system." With that the weasel turned back to the blonde.

"By the way," Itachi had his sharingan activated again staring at Deidara. "Were you implying that I'm such a horrid dancer, that I couldn't come up with my own dance moves?" Before the artist could respond he felt it getting very hot in the room, especially on his head. He screamed in horror as his hair was on fire. It was black fire.

The bomber ran around frantically in a blind panic, swearing to himself that once this was over, Pein would have to search for a new prodigy for the organization.

A/N: I totally respect Itachi, I just had to do this. The thought of this happening was just hilarious XD. So, review and tell me what you think?
Sign up to rate and review this story