Categories > Cartoons > Transformers > Orange you glad I came along?

Chapter 1

by Spoonsie2 0 reviews

[Part three of my Transformers AU "Space Vagabonds"] Cyclonus gets distracted before he can drop off his stowaway.

Category: Transformers - Rating: PG - Genres: Sci-fi - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2015-09-27 - Updated: 2015-09-27 - 1825 words - Complete

0Unrated
He didn't bother moving the pile of blankets of varying fabrics and soft pads from the floor and had instead decided to make a 'nest' out of them right where they had fell.
Mainly because he didn't feel like using the 'bed' and just wanted to sleep again.

When his body had decided it was waking up time Gavin couldn't deny feeling refreshed.
He had finally acclimatized to the humid air and the burn across his front felt as if it didn't exist any more.
Diving into his bag of alien food Gavin pulled out what he had eaten the day before, satisfied that it was not harmful to humans. Unfortunately being left out overnight had caused the gooey inside of the fruit to solidify.
A little dejected Gavin tried licking the solidified goop only to find it had also become horrendously bitter, with a gagging cough he pushed it away. Not entirely sure if there was any waste disposal in his room or where it was, Gavin scooted the fruit over to a corner.
Stuffing his arm into the bag he rummaged around aiming for something else that appeared close to his taste. Something squishy came to contact with his hand and without a second thought the blue orb-like item was slammed into his face. Gavin regretted it as whatever it was, it tasted like a lemon that farted too aggressively.
Gavins face felt as though it was curling in on itself and he bolted to the wash room.
Having to climb onto a small step to reach the basin and mirror he pushed his blue-stained face into the bowl and yanked on one of the levers at the side. Quickly a room-temperature gush of water powered around the bowl enveloping his face.
The taps automatically dispensed room-temperature water. Now that was fantastic he thought.
Withdrawing his face from the water-filled sink Gavin began washing his hands.
The wash room had a sink with a mirror and something akin to a toilet, only the seat was shaped oddly. Gavin was sure there was a name for the oval-like shape but it wasn't in his head right now.
No wait. It was. He just thought of it.
Oval, the toilet seat was oval shaped with a lip that curled up at the front.
However there was a large bath, big enough for three entities of similar size to Cyclonus to comfortably fit in.
Presumably his kind valued bathing over showering.
Looking back up to the mirror Gavin's face was sore from the mere taste of what he just ate, but was also stained a pale shade of blue, mainly around his lower face.
As was the hand that had picked up the 'fruit'. Putting his hand back into the water flow he once again tried to scrub it off but to no avail. Great, hopefully this will fade Gavin scowled at his reflection.

Hopping out of the wash room Gavin slipped out into the corridor.
There were four main doors in this section, they all looked identical to his only one had visibly been used quite often. The control panel next to the door was faded and had a fair few scratch marks around it, the door itself was a bit gnarled around the edges.
That must be the room where Cyclonus stays.
Testing out what was said yesterday Gavin jumped up and slammed his palm onto the control panel. The door obviously did not budge.
Unsupervised Gavin started thinking.
Most of Gavin's thoughts started with "Fuck it"
This time it had gone "Fuck it, run up and down this corridor like a lunatic" and he did.
Running from one end to the other Gavin leapt in leaps and bounds, the hallway had more than enough space for him to do so, and enough room for him to adequately flip over a few times. Reaching one end of the corridor he leapt and pounded the control panel. Nothing happened. At the other end of the corridor the door opened smoothly.
It lead to another door that opened to a place which bended around a corner leading to yet another door that opened. The second door opened up to the control room.

His horns gave him away as Cyclonus sat in the control chair, however he was hunched over a panel in front of him quite intently.
He was making some form of beeping noise to himself, it sounded like a concerned beeping.
Gavin debated about running up behind him and yelling something.
But he also debated on exactly how broken would his face be if Cyclonus reacted by elbowing him in the face.
His choice to wait answered for him as Cyclonus quickly sat upright and pulled on the ship's steering swerving the vessel to the right.
He had barely turned his head to acknowledge Gavin but knew he was there when he spoke
"Finding a suitable place for you to go must wait. There is something of grave urgency I must attend to"
"Oh excellent! First job eh?" Gavin leapt to the secondary chair.
"No. This is a dire situation, something I cannot risk by having any stupid mistakes made!" Cyclonus snapped with a quick rise from his quills.
"Then... Can I spectate?" Cyclonus turned to look at him, somewhat unimpressed.
"I must go to help a planet in this sector with a urgent matter of chemical weaponry, something that surely even you can understand why I would not want you there. You are too erratic for something of this sensitivity"
Gavin crossed his arms and made a stern expression. Cyclonus stared back in turn, his eyes seemed to scan over Gavin's face carefully and slowly.
Gavin could feel his stop-fucking-staring-at-me rage build up a little before he pushed it away when he realised he was probably staring at the blue stains around his face. Cyclonus's expression changed a little but he still said nothing and continued flying towards their new destination.
A little bemused at the somewhat abrupt ending Gavin hoped this wouldn't be a long-running thing.
"So is this going to beeeeeeee..." Gavin dragged out the last word as he put the rest of the sentence together in his head "Stopping people from getting chemical weapons? Or pretending to have some to catch some criminals?"
Cyclonus didn't answer but gave a few glances towards him before speaking up again
"There have been threats of a fatal chemical being released in a populated city. The groups location has been found but they cannot send anyone in to deal with them because if they did a fire fight would ensue and that could cause the chemical to be leaked."
"Oh wow" Gavin wasn't expecting a actual response like that "S-so is like like alien terrorism?"
"It happens." Cyclonus was short in his response "But this is more a case of a somewhat organised... Hm, In Earthly terms a 'mafia' like group intending to rid what they view as their turf of any government presence. A kind of 'it's our city and if we don't keep it no one will' thing. However their methods are crude but deadly."
"Well shit" This was kind of being dropped in at the deep end.
"Neither I nor yourself have Yutibacine as a vital part of our chemical make-up we are immune to the chemicals threat" Cyclonus cleared his throat.
"And so who's to say none of the other chemicals in whatever they're using wont be deadly? Or is it just like cannisters of some deadly shit to 'Yunibecin' people" Gavin waved his hands, hiding a very real clench of fear in his gut.
"It is safe." Cyclonus ended it there. Twisting the piloting controls the ship lurched forwards and hummed louder as more power was diverted to the ships engines speeding the ship up, eager to reach their location as swiftly as possible.
Seemingly happy with the progress of the ship Cyclonus suddenly left the controls and turned out of the room.
Gavin was left still wondering why Cyclonus had just decided to be more open about what was going on and so suddenly.
The empty hum of the empty room helped propel Gavin to the door a bit quicker as he went to follow Cyclonus.
Jumping down the corridor he found a door that was both previously closed and had gone unnoticed by Gavin, the fact they were not a different colour to the main walls didn't help, had been left open.

This room had a deep blue glow to it. A odd kind of glow that made everything seem darker and blue-er.
Cyclonus was standing in front of something that could be a entire wall of mirror. Well it was, it just didn't give that good of a reflection.
Something beeped and whirred.
Gavin quickly scanned the room looking for whatever had activated, maybe this was where that 'hologram disguise' thing was and he was activating a new look. A look about the room turned out nothing and Gavin looked back at Cyclonus, looking at him Gavin could see his throat move and another set of beeps and whirs happened.
Cyclonus can make a whirring noise?
Gavin cocked his head looking at the crustacean being making a series of somewhat mechanical sounds.
He made them as he looked into the reflective surface, he had some kind of rock in one hand and he was rubbing it around the base of his neck before moving it across his shoulders. He focused primarily on the seams and joints in his carapace, quills rising up and down repeatedly.
It was a fascinating little ritual.
Must be some kind of custom to go into a job clean.
What happened next pretty much blew Gavin's mind.
Spots all along Cyclonus' body began to shimmer and glow, the spots started brightening and dimming in a pulsating pattern as if a wave of light went across his body every few seconds.
Staring at it seemed to numb Gavin's body as the gentle rhythmic throbbing of this bio luminescent display mesmerized him.
Sharp prodding somewhat painfully drew him out of his stupor.
"Aaah owww" He whined quickly as he drew his head back into his body. A quick disgruntled glance put him face to face with a purple abdomen. A sharp finger poked him directly on the top of his head again. Looking up, Cyclonus was looking down at him and had his head turned away slightly.
"Ah, you still function I was beginning to wonder" he spoke.
"Whaaaaat?, I'm not going to fall over some fancy light show sparkle-boy" Gavin coughed out a brief laugh
"Hm, well you looked a bit wobbly" Cyclonus huffed. Gavin ended up stumbling back a step as Cyclonus stepped past him.
Gavin shared a glance between the direction of the control room and back to the oddly dark, but glowing, room.
Blinking harshly Gavin turned quickly away from the blue room and hurried down the corridor after Cyclonus.
Sign up to rate and review this story