Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Not Your Hero Anymore...

by Jaded110 4 reviews

My first monologue and HP fanfic. Rated for language. Harry's had enough of life. He's sick of saving people when they don't appreciate it. Don't kill me, it's my first fic here.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama - Characters: Harry - Published: 2005-06-17 - Updated: 2005-06-17 - 583 words - Complete

0Boring

Not Your Hero Anymore...

Author's note: I hope you enjoy this, I enjoyed writing it. I took it off my profile at FF.N. I want nothing to do with that site. Sorry if the curses are blocked out, the computer I'm using has a filter. I'll fix it later.

[Harry is sitting against a wall, head down]

They act as if I give a damn that they're talking about me, as if I'm listening to every foolish word they say. Sorry, but I'm used to being talked about. I went through it with the Dursley's. They'd talk about me as if I was an ant, a germ on the kitchen counter, sometimes right in front of me.

Frankly, it's amusing now. Funny that I used to care what you people thought of me.

I can hear you, you know. I have ears that work. It's what I hear that pisses me off. Just let me tell you, I'm not as mad as you all seem to think I am. Nor am I that stupid. You all say that because I helped do something that I BARELY REMEMBER, I think I'm better than the rest of you? Well, maybe I am, but it's because I have the common sense to ignore your stupidity.

Funny, no one ever looks past the real thing, do they? They only see face value. In my case, all you see is a scar, a boy with messy black hair and green eyes. I can't count the number of times I've tried to hold a bloody conversation with someone and they glance up at a scar that they KNOW is there. It's like I have a fucking sign taped to my head that says 'LOOK AT ME, I DEFEATED VOLDEMORT!' It gets to the point where I want to jump off Gryffindor tower and drown in the lake!

I didn't expect fame, you know. Only Ron and Hermione seem to have figured that out. Five years ago, I was a skinny weird kid who was bullied by Dudley and neglected by my Aunt and Uncle, picked last during P.E., and generally ousted from the social circle of life. Then when I turned 11, I finally escaped it all and expected to have a normal life, if not a boring one. It never happened, though, did it? Do you know how many times I risked my AND my friend's necks to save you people?! I should have been dead at a year old! I could have happily sat back and welcomed the end of the wizarding world!

And how the hell do I get repaid? Rumours in the Daily Prophet that I'm crazy and Professor Dumbledore is losing his touch. You people think you're so fucking hilarious! The rumors about me and Hermione. /We are just friends/, you bloody vultures! God, you spend just a little time with the opposite sex and suddenly everyone wonders whether you're shagging or not!

Now that war is imminent, you decide to believe me. Now, when so many have already died, including my godfather(who was innocent, by the way) and Hermione's parents, you decide to believe that Voldemort is alive. It's too late now, isn't it? Too many people are dying because of your ignorance. I hope you're fucking happy.

[As Harry is about to leave, he turns around]

Don't come crying to me. I won't be your hero anymore. I've had enough. [Walks away]

~~~~~~~~~~

Well, whaddaya think, am I in or what?!
Sign up to rate and review this story