Categories > Original > Drama > Yoshiko Akazaki

Chapter 2

by I_AM_IYAH 0 reviews

In her home town, Yoshiko was only able to spend one month in high school with the friends she knew until her dads job transferred them to another town. How will Yoshikos first day in a new school be?

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2015-12-23 - 1712 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2

"Are you nervous?"
Is my mother talking to me or am I hearing voices? All I could do was nod as a second voice rang in my ear.
"Of course she is, if she's anything like me she will hate it." My father let out a hearty laugh.
"Well let's hope that's not the case... at least with this." My mother then adjusted her body in the passenger seat of the car so she could face me. "Sweetie, don't listen to your father. I on the other hand loved school. Well at least the learning part. I already know we are similar in that category. You will have fun." Again I nodded while she patted my knee and turned her body back around. We pulled up to the student drop off.
"Have a good day, Yoshiko, we love you." My mother reassured me. I had to force a smile as I closed the car door behind me. It felt like it took forever walking from the car to the double doors of the school building, like I was walking through cement.
The halls were empty. School did start an hour ago. That explains why no one was outside. I then realized that I didn't go through the front entrance and followed the signs to the front office to pick up my class schedule. I walked in the office and saw a group of women smashed against the principles door, trying to listen to the conversation on the other side. I had to clear my throat a couple of times before one of the ladies actually acknowledged my presence. She gave a slight look of disappointment.
"Sorry about that. The famous school rebel is in there and we are trying to see what his punishment will be. Some of us are betting that Mrs. Hirosho will finally do something about his behavior but I on the other hand doubt anything will happen. He has been in that room 4 times last month and now today. Last week three of his peers that he grouped with were suspended but not him. He is the principles nephew after all."
I looked at her with a confused expression and she started again. "Sorry, that unprofessional of me. I shouldn't have said any of that to you. My name is Ms. Sana How may I help you?"
I paused for a moment pondering if I should say anything about her. "It's fine, I enjoy knowing little secrets. Especially if it involves the school I will be attending." Ms. Sana let out an uneasy laugh. "My name is Yoshiko Akazaki, this is my first day. I just need to pick up the schedule of my classes."
"Okay have a seat while I gather your information together." She sat at her desk behind the counter and started typing. The other ladies that worked in the office still stood near the door trying to listen when suddenly they were started as the door swung open. After that it felt to me as everything was moving in slow motion while the women went back to work pretending nothing happened. My heart, my heart though was beating fast. Who was the school rebel? Is he scary looking? Does he bully everyone? What if he finds out that I know his secret? Maybe I should hide my face from his view.
My heart felt like it was jumping in my throat. Everything was still moving slowly though. Then I noticed a tall, kinda buff young man walk out of the room accompanied by an older woman dressed in a business suit. I found it hard to look away as he walked closer in my direction. He had light skin and choppy and spiky light brown hair. Looking down at the ground with his hands in his pockets, his hair covered his eyes. He didn't even realize I was there until Mrs. Hirosho introduced herself to me. He glanced at me with piercing but also innocent grey eyes.
"Tomio," Mrs. Hirosho said looking at him with a saddened smile. "I know you hear this a lot from me but your parents treasured you and if they were able to be here, I know they would tell you how much they love you." I could see his eyes start to water. Tomios hand slid off the door handle and he let out a sigh as he moved over to the chair across from me and sat down. His head still hanged low.
"Okay Yoshiko-chan, your schedule is ready." Ms. Sana said. Laying the paper on the counter she continued, "I hope you enjoy being part of our academy."
Mrs. Hirosho being closer to the desk, grabbed the schedule and looked it over. She gave a slight smile and handed me my classes. Looking to her nephew she began speaking again. "Tomio-kun, Ms. Akazaki here has first, third and fifth class with you. You don't mind walking her to first class do you? It should be over by the time you get there but you can at least show her where it is and introduce her to Mr. Takio."
Tomio got up from his chair and gestured with his hand for me to follow as he walked out of the office. As I followed behind him I heard Mrs. Hirosho quickly shout before the door fully closed, "It was nice meeting...!"
"My name is Tomio Hirosho by the way." He blurted out.
"Yoshiko Akazaki."
He nodded. It was silent again.
"So you and Hirosho-Sensei share the same last name. Is that a coincidence?" I almost choked on those words that I already knew the answer to."
"She's my Aunt." Tomio said walking slowly.
"Oh so your dads sister." I pointed out confidently. Tomio stopped and had a look of confusion on his face as he looked me up and down. I could feel my face heating up with embarrassment. Maybe I'm talking too much. Without saying anything he pressed on. Only frozen for a moment, I quickly shortened the gap between us.
"It only makes sense because she wouldn't share your last name if she was your sisters mother, unless you took your mothers name." I continued trying to reason why I was still talking about that subject. Tomio Stopped in front of a door.
"Or she could be my moms sister married to my fathers brother... but she's not." He placed his hand on the door knob and chuckled to himself. "You are correct though. My father was her brother." He then slid open the door and walked into the empty classroom.
I walked in, regretting saying anything. Sensei was sitting at his desk packing his bag. Tomio sat on the edge of Mr. Yakios desk. Knowing who it was already, Sensei spoke without lifting up his head. "I marked you absent. You were doing good all last week, what happened?"
"My aunt needed help with some paper work." Tomio lied.
"She told me that too." Takio- Sensei sighed.
"Why bother asking me then?" Tomio said under his breath.
Hearing him, Mr. Takio replied. "Just making sure your stories matched, even if I don't believe them." He grinned as he finally looked up. Fixing his glasses he looked at me. "Hello, you are?"
"Yoshiko Akazaki. First year."
"She's new. Lucky you has the pleasure of having her in your one and only class." Tomio stated sarcastically.
"I would like for you to join us also like your supposed to, but obviously you have more important arrangements." Takio said teasingly.
"I'll think about it." Tomio said after he let out a sigh then gave a weak smile.
"Well that's better than nothing." Takio said letting out a laugh of reassurance. "I have to go now. You better hurry before you make Yoshiko- chan late for second class. It's almost over."
We said our goodbyes and walked out of the class room. I looked at my schedule to find my second class. Tomio stood behind me and looked over my shoulder.
"Class 14-B. History. Do you know where that's at?" He asked me. I shook my head no. "Follow me, I will show you." Tomio glanced at the clock in front of us. "Oh crap! You are gonna be late." He grabbed my hand and started sprinting down the hallway, dragging me behind. All I could do was focus on not tripping.
Catching my breath as I walked in the classroom, every eye was on me. I let the door close behind me with 10 minutes to spare.
"You must be Yoshiko. Mrs. Hirosho told me you should be arriving about this time. My name is Mrs. Aryu and I am your History teacher. Go ahead and choose your seat, I will supply you with your books tomorrow."
I thanked her then sat down for what seemed like 5 second and then the bell rang. Seeing that i was unpacked and already ready to go, Mrs. Aryu let me leave first. I walked out of the room to find Tomio sitting against the wall next to my class.
"Have you been here this whole time?"
"Yeah. My second class is lame so I thought I would wait here for you so I can show you where our third class is."
"Thank you but I would feel much better if you didn't skip class on my part."
"Whatever." He shrugged. "Math is over here." I followed him a couple doors down. Inside, I introduced myself to the teacher who in turn introduced me to the class. I found my seat in the back row in the right corner, opposite to where Tomio was sitting.
I ended the school day saying thank you and goodbye to Tomio who was in fifth class with me. For someone who talked quite a bit that day, it was strange to see him only nod. I walked out to the student drop off and saw my parents parked right in the front, cheerfully honking and waving their hands out of the car windows in the rain. How embarrassing. I rushed inside the car and my father drove off.
"How was your first day of school?" My mother asked with a smile on her face.
"Your'e right mom, I think I am going to like school."
Sign up to rate and review this story