Categories > Cartoons > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Forever and Always: A TMNT Drabble Fic

Chapter 19

by Flyer16 0 reviews

Kids are... fun bundles of joy...

Category: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2016-01-07 - 1085 words

0Unrated
“You don’t always know what your kids will do…”
--Joyce Sanders

~~~~~~~

“Let me get this straight.” Raph said as three-year-old Benny pulled on his leg, begging for attention. “You’re leaving me to take care of a whiny toddler for a week while you and April go on a cruise to the Caribbean?”

“Well, it’s not exactly a cruise.” Carrie said as she reached into her drawer and pulled out her favorite swimsuit to put in her bag. “And Lake Michigan is pretty nice, but I wouldn’t call it the Caribbean.”

Raph pinched the skin above what would the bridge of his nose had he a nose. “When were you planning on telling me this?”

“I wanted to tell you last week, but things got in the way.” Carrie smiled sheepishly. “But I’m telling you now, right?”

“Yeah. The day before you leave. A little more notice would’ve been great.” Raph picked Benny up, having had enough of his insistent crying. “What am I supposed to do with him?”

“Oh, stop whining.” Carrie said. “There’s plenty of things you could do. And it’s not like you’ll be all alone. You’ll have your brothers, Master Splinter, and Casey.” She paused. “You’ll have your brothers and Master Splinter.”

“Tch. Gee, thanks.”

“It won’t be that bad.” She said with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~

“I wrote down all the times for Benny’s favorite TV shows.” Carrie said as she hauled her loaded suitcase down the small flight of stairs. “The paper’s by the TV.”

“Kay.” Raph mumbled, right behind her with another, equally loaded suitcase.

“You know where all his diapers and things are?”

“Yeah.”

“Be sure to bathe him if he goes number two.”

“Right.”

“Put him down for his nap right after lunch. He’ll sleep better that way.”

“I know.”

“And remember to--”

“God, Carrie! You act like I’m a one-time baby sitter.” Raph said as he set the suitcase by the sliding door.

Carrie snickered. “Well, by the way you were moping about it last night, who could blame me?”

“Who could blame me for moping?” He asked her incredulously. “It’s not like my own wife is leaving without even telling me anything.”

“Oh stop.” Carrie laughed and kissed him. “I’ll be back in a week, okay?”

“Kay.” Raph mumbled again

“Mama?” Benny toddled up to his parents and gripped Carrie’s pants. “Go?”

“That’s right, Sweetie.” She said and crouched down to his height. “Mama’s going away for a while. But I’ll be back before you know it.” She added that last part when Benny’s face squished up like he was about to cry.

“See?” Raph said. “Even Ben doesn’t want you to leave!”

Carrie ignored him. “Shh. It’s ok, baby. Hey, you know what? You’ll get to spend a whole week with just your daddy! Won’t that be fun?”

Benny wiped his eyes and looked up at Raph. They seemed to come to a mutual agreement that Mama was leaving and there was nothing they could do about it. So why bother?

“Yeah.” Benny mumbled as he looked at his feet.

“Tch.” Raph folded his arms and looked at anything but his family.

“Good.” Carrie sighed with a triumphant smile. “Now that we’ve got that out of the way, Raph? Can you help me to the surface with these bags?”

“Sure.” he grunted and picked up one of the suit cases. Then he turned to Benny. “I’ll be right back, kiddo.”

Carrie kissed Benny goodbye and told him to be good for Daddy and followed Raph out the door.

~~~~~~~~~

“So how is this gonna work?” Raph asked as they neared the manhole.

“I’m going to get up there and hail a Taxi to April’s apartment.” Carrie said as if it was obvious. “Then Casey will drive us to the airport.”

“Uh-huh.” Raph nodded. “Right from a sketchy-ass alley. Good plan.” Carrie turned and glared at him. He held up his hands. “I’m just sayin’.”

“Well, stop sayin’ and help me to the top with these.” She huffed and dragged one of her suit cases up the ladder. Raph rolled his eyes and lugged the second bag up to the surface.

“Alrighty.” Carrie sighed with a smile as she straightened her rumpled, oversized hoodie. “Well, off I go.”

“Hey!” he called to her as she walked away. “I think you’re forgetting something.”

She turned and looked at him with a smirk. “You’re absolutely right.” She reached into her handbag (she refuses to carry a purse even though they’re basically the same thing) for her wallet. “I almost forgot to check for my Taxi-fare. Silly me.”

Raph narrowed his eyes at her when she burst out laughing. “I’m just kidding.” She said and kissed him soundly. He tried to at least pretend to be mad at her, but just try acting mad when the most beautiful woman in the world currently has her lips moving leisurely over yours. Just try.

“I’ll see you in a week.” she whispered.

“Yeah.” Raph said and shifted his arms to wrap around her snugly.

“I’ll miss you.” she pressed her forehead to his.

“No you won’t.” he chuckled and kissed her softly before letting her go. “I better go keep an eye on Benny. Let me know when you’re in Michigan.”

“Kay. Love you.” she said, picked up her suit cases, and scurried off to hail a Taxi.

Raph watched from the shadows as she hopped in the cab and was whisked away. He worked his jaw as he tried to figure out what he was going to do for the next week. Then he picked up the man-hole cover and disappeared into the darkness of the sewers.

~~~~~~~~~~

The moment Raph walked into his and Carrie’s lair, he knew he was screwed. In the five minutes he had been gone seeing his wife off, Benny had managed to pull everything out of the pantry and spread the contents of every box of cereal, packet of crackers, and jar of peanut butter all over the kitchen and appliances.
“Benois?!” Raph yelled. His son’s small, green head popped out from behind the over turned table.

The little stinker at least had the decency to look guilty.

to be continued

A/N

I really enjoyed writing this XD

This is Flyer16. Over and out.
Sign up to rate and review this story