Categories > Cartoons > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Forever and Always: A TMNT Drabble Fic

Chapter 18

by Flyer16 0 reviews

Sometimes, hurting is the only way to heal.

Category: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2015-12-29 - 461 words

0Unrated
“Sometimes, the greatest wound comes from watching loved ones suffer while knowing there’s not a thing you can do to ease their pain.”
--Flyer16

~~~~~~~

Raphael gently pushed the door to Benny’s room open with his shoulder. Inside, he heard the sound of poorly muffled sobs and the soft whimpers of a hungry child.

In his hands, he held a tray carrying bowl of vegie soup and a bottle of warm milk.

“Hey.” He said softly as he crossed the room. Carrie look up at him briefly before hiding her face from him with Benny’s small head. She held Benny in her arms tightly as if afraid he’d be taken from her as well.

Raph set the tray down on the changing table. “Com’ere.” He said and opened his arms to her. She wasted no time in wrapping herself up in his arms and sobbing onto his shoulder. Benny stared at his parents expectantly, having seen the bottle.

Donnie had warned Raph about Carrie falling into depression after her miscarriage. He had told him what to look out for and what to do about it, drilled it into his head with his big, fancy words and even prescribed some sort of antidepressant pill.

But despite all of Donnie’s help, Raph still hadn’t been prepared for the onslaught of emotions he had to face.

“Shh.” Raph whispered. “It’s ok, Carrie. I’m here.”

“I never thought it would be so hard.” She sniffed against his plastron. “I was so happy to be having another baby.”

“I know, Babe.” Raph whispered against her hair. “I know.”

Carrie sniffed again and buried her face in the space where his neck met his shoulder. “I just feel so… empty.” She mumbled.

“Hey.” Raph pulled back and put his hand under her chin to tilt her head up. “If you want, we can try again.”

Carrie’s tears fell from her eyes like rain. “Raph, I’d never be able to bear another miscarriage.”

Raph smiled softly. “Me neither.” He said and tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. “So next time, we’ll have to be extra careful.”

Carrie just stared at him with sad, blue eyes. Then, she smiled. For the first time in a month, she smiled.

“Okay.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

This was actually a chapter that Fay had started and just never finished so I have no idea if Carrie really wanted to try again or if she just wanted Benny and that’s it…

Well, I’m really glad that we still have some viewers out there and not everyone abandoned this fic… Thanks to all of you who stuck with it!

Rate. Review. Make your mark.

This is Flyer16. Over and out.
Sign up to rate and review this story