Categories > Original > Drama > You're My Only Retreat

3

by Musicsetmefree 0 reviews

Chapter 3

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2016-01-19 - 872 words

0Unrated
Vic's POV

I couldn't sleep at all last night. All I could think about was Kellin. I wonder if he is still sleeping. I looked at the clock next to my bed only to see that it's only nine. Well I'm hungry. I should probably get something to eat. I got up and quietly made my way to the kitchen. As I passed by the living room I saw Kellin making his way to the door. Was his plan just to leave?

"Where you going?" I didn't want him to leave especially if he has nowhere to go.

"Shit," he mumbled to himself. He turned around to face me. "I don't know yet. Anywhere I guess," he said with a shrug.

"If you don't know where you're going why leave?" I was confused. If he knows he's got nowhere to go why not stay?

"Don't worry about me okay. I'll figure everything out."

"You don't have to go though. You can stay here it's not a problem."

"That's nice and all, but I don't want to cause trouble."

"I just said it wouldn't be a problem," he was being really difficult right now. "Fine, you want to leave then go ahead, but at least stay for breakfast." I couldn't let him go on an empty stomach.

He sighed, "Fine."

I smiled a bit, "Great, now what do you want?"

"I don't know, toast would be fine," Kellin shrugged.

"Toast? That's it? You sure you don't want anything else?" Honestly, I just want him to eat something he looks as if he hasn't eaten in weeks, and maybe he hasn't.

"Okay then. What do you have?"

"Let's see, I have: cereal, eggs, bacon, waffles-" I was about to tell him that I also have pop tarts, but I guess not.

"Waffles?" He sounded confused.

"Uh yeah? You want some?" Kellin shook his head vigorously. Now I'm really confused.

"You have something against pancakes?"

Oh, so that's what this is about. "No, I just prefer waffles."

"How?" He sounded more concerned than anything.

"I don't know just do," I replied with a chuckle.

"But pancakes are fluffy and soft, and waffles are hard and flavorless."

I laughed a bit, "Okay so I'll take that as a no on the waffles?"

"You got that right," he said with a serious face. "I'll just take some cereal."

"Okay. I have Froot Loops, Frosted Flakes, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Cheerios. Your pick."

"Frosted Flakes is fine."

I nodded and started preparing his cereal. Once I was done I set his bowl down in front of him and decided to make my own bowl of Froot Loops. I was making my bowl in silence, until Kellin spoke up.

"Thanks for everything. You didn't have to bother with me."

"You're no bother." How could he possibly think that?

He didn't say anything, and after a couple minutes we finished our cereal. I started washing our bowls as I tried my luck one more time.
"You really don't have to go. I'd be happy with you staying here for as long as you need."

He sighed, " I already told you; you don't want anything to do with me."

"And why wouldn't I? Give me one good reason." He was being ridiculous.

"I'm dangerous to be around."

Dangerous, how? He's probably just saying that. He's like fucking eighteen. How "dangerous" can an eighteen year old be? Not very in my opinion. Still I played along,"I don't care how dangerous you are. Honestly, what could be more dangerous than you being on the streets?"

He said something under his breath, but I wasn't sure what exactly. "Seriously, you seem like a nice guy, and I don't want to put you at risk."

Risk? Wow, he was really sticking with his "I'm dangerous" story.

"Okay. What about you stay here until you can get back on your feet?"

"Same offer, different words. Anyway who knows how long that would take me since I never finished high school. I can't even get a job at fucking McDonalds anymore."

I rolled my eyes. "It doesn't matter how long it takes," I sighed, "I just want to help you."

Kellin's POV

"I just want to help you." Did he actually care? No, I mean he couldn't for many reasons. One of them being that I'm, well me, and another being that he knows nothing about me. It felt like hours, but it was probably only a minute as I stood there, staring at him wondering what to do next. Part of me wants to stay, but the other part of me tells me that it's a bad idea. Finally, I decide that he might be right. It's been two years, they can't still be looking can they? They've probably given up by now. Plus they've got other things to worry about.

I took a deep breath before telling him what I hope he wanted me to say. "Fine, I guess I can stay, but only until I'm back on my feet."

He smiled. He genuinely looked happy. "Great, and really stay for as long as you need to."

I simply nodded and thanked him. Damn I hope neither one of us ends up regretting this.
Sign up to rate and review this story