Categories > Original > Drama > You're My Only Retreat

5

by Musicsetmefree 0 reviews

Chapter 5

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2016-02-06 - 896 words

0Unrated
Kellin has been with me for the past week, and I still don't really know anything about him. I'm giving him time though because, even though I have an idea as to why he was on the streets, I don't know what he went through. Hopefully, it won't take to long for him to open up.

It's Saturday which means band practice today, and I'm thinking about asking Kellin to come along. I walked out to the living room to see Kellin lying on the couch staring up at the ceiling. He looked like he was deep in thought, and I couldn't help but wonder what he was thinking about. I tried to be as silent as possible, but he seemed to sense I was there.

"Morning," he sighed.

"Um… morning. Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, you?"

"Yeah. Are you doing anything today?"

"Well I plan on breathing."

"That's quite a plan you've got there."

"Yup."

"Are you doing anything else today?"

"Not that I'm aware of, why?"

"Well I was just thinking, maybe you could go to band practice with me. You know so you're not just inside all day."

He was quiet while he thought about it for a second. "Uh, sure. I guess it could be fun."

I smiled, "alright, well practice is at three, so just be ready by then."

He nodded, and I left to make a pancake free breakfast.

~•~

It was 2:45 and we had to leave soon if we wanted to get there on time. I walked to the living room, where Kellin spends most of his time, to make sure he was ready. When I walked in he was sitting on the couch staring at the wall. I really need to get him a phone or something, so he doesn't die of excessive boredom.

"You ready to go?"

He blinked as if I had just snapped him out of a trance and turned to look at me. "Yeah," he nodded as he stood up and walked towards me.

"Okay, let's go then." I lead the way outside and closed the door behind us.

The walk, like always, was quiet. I know that I'm trying to be patient, but it kind of gets frustrating when nothing is really ever said in general. There are times when I wish that I could just bring myself to ask, but even if I did have the courage I wouldn't know where to start. Before I knew it though, we were at Mike's place. It was really his girlfriend's, Alysha, house, but Mike had moved in with her about three months ago after he got kicked out of his apartment. We walked up to the house and went to the garage where everyone else was getting ready.

"Hey guys."

"Hey," they all said.

"What's up?"

"Nothing, just warming up."

"Okay."

"Who's this?" Tony, our guitarist, asked motioning towards Kellin.

"Oh, that's Kellin," Mike was the one to speak up.

"You've met before?"


"Yeah," he directed towards Tony, and then turned his attention to Kellin, "how've you been?"

"Fine," kelling replied.

"You here to see us rock?"

"Maybe."

"Yeah, we'll get ready."

I smiled and shook my head, "alright Mike. Let's just get started."

"Yeah, come on we haven't practiced in months." Jaime spoke for the first time since I got here.

"Alright, alright." Mike put up his hands in surrender. "Tony, you ready?"

Tony nodded and got into position. "Alright, let's do this."

Kellin's POV

Vic has been practicing for about half an hour, and if I'm being honest, he's an amazing singer. Their music is pretty good too. They might even be good enough to go on world tours. Even though they are good I was a bit lost in thought. I felt a bit bad for not really talking to Vic about what he wants to know. It almost doesn't feel fair considering he's letting me live with him, but I know that if I tell him everything I'll put him at a higher risk. I know that I had convinced myself it was safe when he asked me to stay, but I'm still extremely paranoid.

Before I knew it they were all done practicing, and we were saying goodbye.

"See you later Kellin," Mike said.

"Later"

"Nice meeting you," Tony said.

"You too," I told him.

Jaime just smiled and nodded at me as if to say, "later man."

I smiled, and about a minute later Vic and I were on our way to the apartment.

"So, what'd you think?"

"You were good. I liked it." I answered honestly.

"Thanks," he smiled.

We walked a few minutes in an uncomfortable silence, and I could just feel all of the questions swimming around in Vic's head.

"Alright," I sighed. "Out with it. What do you want to know?"

"What?"

"Come on, it's obvious you have questions, so just out with it. What do you want to know?"

"Uh, alright. How about… how'd you end up on the streets in the first place?"

I sharply exhaled. I knew this question would come eventually. I looked around us before I decided I'd tell him once we get to the apartment. "Okay, I'll answer your questions once we get to the apartment."

"Okay"

He'll figure it out eventually, so there's no point in trying to hide it. I just hope he doesn't hate me afterwards.
Sign up to rate and review this story