Categories > Original > Drama > You're My Only Retreat

6

by Musicsetmefree 0 reviews

Chapter 6

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2016-02-12 - 458 words

0Unrated
Kellin's POV

We were approaching the apartment, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. I spent two years parting myself from everyone else due to fear, but the second Vic shows up I can't seem to leave. I don't know what it is about him, but it's like I was able to trust him almost immediately. Still I'm scared that once he finds everything out he'll hate me. I should be used to rejection by now, but I'm not; it still hurts. I seemed to have gotten lost in thought because before I knew it we arrived.

Vic unlocked the door and let us in. I have to admit that it's still strange to have somewhere to go. Hopefully I'll still have a place to stay after I tell him what he wants to know.

"Are you ready to talk?" Vic's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Um, yeah, just promise that you'll listen before you decide anything."

"Okay," he said sounding a bit scared now.

I sighed, "so, you want to know how I got on the streets?" He nodded letting me know to continue. "Well when I was seventeen I told my parents," I paused so I could get myself together, "I told my parents that I'm, uh, I'm gay." I watched his face for any signs of disgust, but I could only see the flashing of anger, sympathy, and a bit of happiness in his eyes. Was he not disgusted by me? Everyone else seemed to be, so why not him.

"What the fuck?" He sounded a bit mad

"Look I can leave if you want me to." I said calmly, although I was a nervous wreck inside.

"What? No, that's not what I mean," he sighed. "Why would your parents kick you out for something like that?" He said a bit calmer. Honestly, his words shocked me, but I covered it up with a shrug.

"I don't know. They just kinda slapped me, pushed me out the door, and told me to get the fuck out, so I did." Yeah, that's what happened. That's all he has to know at least.

"That's fucked up."

"Doesn't matter now," I shrugged. After a second of silence I spoke up again, "really though, if you want me to go I will."

"What? Of course not."

"So, you don't hate me then?" I sounded way more vulnerable than I had intended too.

"Why? Cause you're gay? I could never hate someone for something like that, especially when, uh, I am too." His words shocked me. He didn't strike me as gay, but then again everyone has their secrets. Honestly, part of me is happy he's gay because I'm not going to lie he's hot.
Sign up to rate and review this story