Categories > Original > Drama > You're My Only Retreat

7

by Musicsetmefree 0 reviews

Chapter 7 is basically chapter 6 in Vic's POV

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2016-02-26 - 534 words

0Unrated
Vic's POV

Our walk home was almost over, and I was nervous as to what Kellin would say. It can't be that bad can it? I mean there has to be some other reason as to why we couldn't just talk about it on the way back. Our walk was silent, but we quickly made it to the apartment.

Once inside I couldn't stand the silence anymore. "Are you ready to talk?" He jumped a bit. Was my tone harsh?

"Um, yeah, just promise that you'll listen before you decide anything."

"Okay." His words made me ten times more nervous, and this time I couldn't hide it. Decide anything? What does he mean? Is he some kind of serial killer or something?

He sighed, "so, you want to know how I got on the streets?" I nodded letting him know to continue. Why are my palms so sweaty? "Well when I was seventeen I told my parents." What? What did he tell his parents? Come on, just tell me already! What is this some kind of suspenseful horror movie? "I told my parents that I'm, uh, I'm gay." That's it! Okay, okay that's great; wait did he say his parents kicked him out cause he's gay. That's messed up like what the fuck?! Who does that?

"What the fuck?"

"Look I can leave if you want me to," he said all too calmly. He was back to being emotionless, but his eyes gave him away. Was he scared?

"What? No, that's not what I mean." I sighed, trying to calm myself down. "Why would your parents kick you out for something like that?" He shrugged.

"I don't know. They just kinda slapped me, pushed me out the door, and told me to get the fuck out, so I did." Damn. How someone could do that to their kid, I would never know.

"That's fucked up."

"Doesn't matter now." I guess it doesn't, but it doesn't change the fact that his parents are assholes. "Really though, if you want me to go I will." I don't want him to go. How could he even think that?

"What? Of course not."

"So, you don't hate me then?" He asked in a small voice. No, of course not. Even if I wasn't gay myself I couldn't hate him for something he has absolutely no control over.

"Why? Cause you're gay? I could never hate someone for something like that, especially when, uh, I am too." He seemed shocked by my confession, but in his eyes I saw a quick flash of happiness. It could have just been my imagination, but I chose to believe it really was there. Maybe not that he knows we can turn things into something more. Not right away, but eventually.

"Okay," he said like he was at a loss for words.

"So, is there anything else I should know?" There probably was, but I'm not going to push him.

"No, that's it."

"Okay, what do you want for dinner?"

He shrugged.

"I've got enough for pizza, want some?"

"Sure," he nodded.

"Alright," I said, "I'll be back in fifteen minutes." With that I left for the pizza place a few streets over.
Sign up to rate and review this story