Categories > Original > Drama > You're My Only Retreat

8

by Musicsetmefree 0 reviews

Chapter 8

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2016-03-04 - 662 words

0Unrated
Kellin's POV

Vic just left, and I'm still trying to take in our conversation. He's gay, great. I really need to be careful. I mean the main reason why I'm dangerous to be around is because I'm gay. If I get caught here and they find out he's also gay we're both goners. Not only that, but I can't catch feeling for him.

It's been I've minutes since Vic has left, and there was a knock on the door. Hesitantly I opened it. To my surprise I came face to face with one of Vic's bandmates.

"Um, hi… Jaime, right?"

"Yeah," he said with an almost forced smile, "uh, is Vic here?"

"Uh, no, he went to get pizza, but he should be back soon if you want to wait." He seemed nice, and it'd be rude to not let him in.

"Yeah, okay," he said stepping in, "thanks."

I nodded. I didn't really know what to do now. Before I was kicked out I didn't really have any friends, so I don't have much experience when it comes to hospitality. Even if I had had friends they wouldn't have been allowed over.

"So, Kellin," he said almost unsure, "tell me about yourself."

"There's not much to tell really."

"Come on, there has to be something. How long have you been with Vic?"

"Uh, only a week."

"Not that long then."

"No, not really."

"Well, how old are you?"

"Nineteen."

"Interesting." He sounded like he was thinking, "Where are you from?"

"Michigan."

"Cool, so -" he was cut off by Vic coming through the door.

"Alright, I'm back." He said closing the door, until he finally turned around. "Oh, hey Jaime. What are you doing here?"

"I just, uh, came to talk to you."

"Okay, what about?

"You know what we can just talk another time."

"No, it's okay. Come on." Vic said and lead Jaime the his room.

I had a feeling that this was something I should leave alone, so I took the pizza into the kitchen and got some plates out.

Vic's POV

"So, what's up?"

"I just wanted to apologize for not calling once I got back."

"It's okay."

"I just feel bad. I left for two months, and I didn't even call to tell you I was back."

"It's fine, really. How is everything?" He was gone for quite a bit, and I wanted to make sure everything was fine.

"Good, everything is fine now."

"That's good." I told him even though it felt like he wasn't telling me the truth.

He nodded. "So, Kellin is interesting."

"Yeah."

"How'd you meet?"

"Uh," I didn't know how I felt about just telling Jaime; what if Kellin doesn't want him to know? " I found him on the, uh, the streets."

"Oh, well it's nice of you to let him stay."

"Yeah, I guess."

"You like him don't you?"

"Um, what? No." I lied.

He doesn't seem to believe me. "Come on, you can tell me." Honestly, I didn't feel like I could. I didn't know why, but I just couldn't.

"Really, I don't like him."

"Alright," he sighed, "whatever you say. I have a feeling that's a good thing though."

"What do you mean?"

"I just wouldn't get too close. Something tells me he's not going to stay very long." He sounded a bit distant.

"Okay… well do you want to stay for pizza?"

"No, I'm good. I should get going anyway."

"Alright." We stood up and headed down the hall to the front door. "Well, I'll see you later then."

"Yeah, bye."

"Bye." I said as I closed the door behind him.

"What was that about?" Kellin asked as I walked into the tiny kitchen.

"Nothing, he just wanted to talk."

"Okay," Kellin said before taking a bite of his pizza.

I walked over and got my own slice, but I couldn't stop thinking about what the hell Jaime meant by: "he's not going to stay very long."
Sign up to rate and review this story