Categories > Original > Drama > You're My Only Retreat

Chapter 9

by Musicsetmefree 0 reviews

Chapter 9

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2016-03-17 - 1111 words

0Unrated
It's been three days since I last spoke with Jaime, and I just couldn't get his words out of my head. He just seemed so distant while saying them that it was almost scary. These past few days have been fine other than that. I'm still trying to get closer to Kellin, but like always he simply pushes me away. Sometimes giving up seems like the best option, but there's something about him that I can't help but love. Today I decided not to stay indoors and get some sunlight instead. So, I put on some black skinny jeans and a white shirt before putting on my shoes, and I head out to the living room.

Kellin was laying down on the couch staring at the ceiling, which reminded me of the phone I was going to give him. I went back to my room and started looking for the phone I had planned on giving him. A few months ago Mike broke my phone, so he somehow convinced his girlfriend to help him get me a new one. The thing was I had already gotten myself a new phone before he convinced her. I plan on giving Kellin the one Mike got me. I walked back to the living room, and found Kellin in the same position.

"Hey, I want to give you something."

He sat up and looked at me, "okay."

"Here." I said walking towards him as I held out the phone.

He looked at it with wide eyes. "No, no I can't- you don't have to give me that"

"It's fine, take it. You can't be here and just stare at the ceiling all day."

"Yes, I can."

"Okay, you can, but wouldn't you rather stare at something else?"

"I guess, but you can't just spend your money on me like that."

"Yes, I can, and I didn't even buy this, Mike did."

He looked confused, but he shook it off." Still," he sighed, "I just feel bad. I mean you already let me stay with you."

"Don't feel bad. I want to give this to you, so please just take it." I said hoping he would finally listen.

"Alright," he said sounding defeated.

I smiled as I handed him the phone. "Oh, I was going to ask you if you wanted to go to the park?" I almost forgot about my plan to get some sunlight.

"Okay," I stared at him as he just sat there. Then he seemed to have a moment of realization, "oh, right now?"

"Yeah, I mean that was the plan."

"No, yeah. Of course, I was just testing you." He said as he got up and started walking to the door.

"And what exactly were you testing?" I asked amused.

"If you were aware of your surroundings." He said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Right," I said following him, "and why would that need to be tested right now?"

"Um, I don't know. What if you decide you want to be a ninja? That skill will come in handy."

God, this kid's weird. "Of course, why didn't I think of that?"

"I don't know, but you should always take into account the skills needed to be a ninja."

"I'll keep that in mind form now on." I smiled. Not only because of how random this conversation is but also because he was talking in general. We were now at the park, which was almost empty, walking side by side enjoying the peacefulness.

All of a sudden Kellin spoke, "why'd you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Let me stay?"

"Um, I don't really know. You just seemed different." What was I supposed to tell him? I thought you were cute, so I followed you into a dark alley at night. Then I decided I could spend time with you by offering you a place to stay. Yeah, no.

"Different, how?"

"I don't know yet."

"When will you know?"

"Probably when I actually get to know you."

"Yeah, I don't think that's such a good idea."

"Why?"

He sighed, "someone always ends up getting hurt or leaving."

Leaving, was this what Jaime was talking about? "What do you mean?"

"I was just bullied a lot in school because I was gay. It started after my best friend found out and told everyone."

Wow, that sucks. Coming out is hard by itself, but being out like that is just hell. "That's terrible."

"Yeah, well it happened. So, you wonder why I don't really let you in. It's because I can't seem to trust anyone enough; even when they give me every reason to."

"Alright, I get it," and I really did. People had fucked him over in the past, and it affected him in the long run.

"But I guess I have to trust you now."

"I want you to trust me, but you don't have to force yourself to trust me. Just let it happen when you're ready."

"Thanks," he said smiling a bit.

I love his smile, but this one just seemed so genuine.

~•~

We have been at the park for about an hour now, and we were on the swings. Everything had been going well. Kellin seemed to be a lot more relaxed.

"So, what about you?"

"What?"

"What should I know about you?"

"Nothing really. Everything there is to know you already do."

"Hmm… what about your favorite color? I don't know that."

"Okay, red."

"Interesting."

"Not really, but okay." I turned to face him only to see he was already looking at me.

"Uh, we should probably start heading back it's, um, it's getting late." He almost sounded nervous, and it was then that I noticed he was looking at something slightly behind me.

I nodded not wanting to argue with him and got up. "Alright, let's go."

The whole walk home I couldn't help but wonder about what Kellin saw. I mean there has to be a reason as to why he wanted to go all of a sudden, right? I'm probably just overthinking things.

~•~

Kellin's POV

Am I being paranoid? No, it was definitely one of them. I just know it was one of them. I should've known they would find me eventually. What am I going to do now? I can't just leave. Vic has been so nice and put so much effort into dealing with me. God, I'm such a fuck up. I should have never stayed in the first place. The only thing I can do right now is sleep and deal with this in the morning. As long as they don't get to me first I'll be okay
Sign up to rate and review this story