Categories > Original > Drama > You're My Only Retreat

Chapter 10

by Musicsetmefree 0 reviews

Chapter 10

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2016-04-25 - 577 words

0Unrated
I've tried to keep my distance from Vic. I know I was just starting to let him in a bit, but with them knowing I'm here I just can't. I can't risk getting comfortable either. It's probably only a matter of time before they make a move. It's probably best if I make up an excuse to leave. The further away I am the safer we both are.

"Hey, Kellin?"

"Hmm"

"I wanted to know if you wanted to go to band practice with me."

Was this a good idea? Probably not, but his band is really good. "Yeah, sure," I said before I could talk myself out of it.

"Alright, let's go then."

I got up and made my way over to the door, where Vic was already waiting, and we started on our walk over to Mike's place.

The walk was fine: it didn't feel as if we were being followed. We were now walking up to the garage. Getting there I could see everyone was already waiting.

"Hey guys," Mike greeted.

"Hi."

"Hey."

"You ready Vic?" Mike asked his brother.

"Yeah"

"Wait, I need to pee," Tony said as he made his way the the bathroom.

"Alright, oh Vic can you come with me? I need to show you something." Mike said as he walked inside too.

Vic nodded and followed Mike.

I was left alone with Jaime. I don't know how I feel about that. I know it's probably nothing, but for some reason I was left a bit uneasy after talking to him. He seemed nice, and I'm sure he is, but the questions and replies he gave me last time left me uneasy.

"Hey Kellin."

"Uh, hey," I said trying not to sound paranoid.

"So, you're still with Vic then?" Alright that was a little strange, but it's probably nothing.

"Yeah."

"That's good,"he said. He looked as if he was contemplating something. "So, you enjoying it here?"

"Yeah"

"Good, enjoy it while you still can."

"What?"

"Look, I know who you are, and I know you know we're close."

My eyes widened at his words. "You're one of them," I said just above a whisper.

"Don't act so surprised," he said with a bit of a smirk. "It's obvious you knew something was up."

"What do you want then?"

"You," he answered simply.

I shivered at his words, but I had to hold my ground. "You'll never have me." I knew that was lie. I mean they're close, closer than I thought.

"We already do," he chuckled, "and don't even think about running because we're ready."

I bit my lip thinking about what he just said, and I was about to say something when Mike and Vic came back in.

"So, do you think I should do it?"

"Yeah, you love her right," Mike nodded. "Then do it."

"Alright, I will."

"Hey, Tony's not back yet?" Vic asked.

"Nope," Jaime replied.

"That's weird."

"Yeah, he was just going to pee." Mike said just as Tony was walking through the door.

"Alright, I'm back."

"What took you so long?" Mike asked.

"Oh, I was just distracted by your soap," he shrugged. "You have some nice smelling soap."

With that the guys finally started to practice, but I wasn't able to concentrate on the music. I was too busy thinking about what Jaime said. I realized what he said was true: I was already theirs whether I had realized it or not.
Sign up to rate and review this story