Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > Shreya To Jinx

Why you little!

by Meiriona 1 review

Who is Jinx? How did she become what she is? Begins in her native India on her third birthday. Rated teen.

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Jinx - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-08-20 - Updated: 2006-08-20 - 1772 words

1Original
...After Lightspeed I just have to say - WHAT DID I WRITE? Jinx likes her respect, she doesn't like being looked down on, you tease her she'll rip the chair out from under you! They portrayed the same sarcastic, dont piss me off, take charge gal I did. Wally and Jinx? Why not. So long as Jinx puts up a hell of a fight for her reasons for not being good, its possible. And so long as Wally doesn't decide to be all pimp like someone ELSE who tried to rip out her heart and stomp on it.
________________________________________
"Welcome to Gizmo Inc. airlines, this is your captain speaking" Rolling her eyes, Jinx stretched out on the bench like seat for passengers, for this leg it was hers.
"In the event of an emergency we would like to remind you that-"
"That you're goin' down since Giz here forgot jet packs for the rest of us"
Jinx looked up from her magazine, not amused. "You're kidding, right?" She asked, eyebrow arched.
"Heh heh, You see, actually..." Gizmo was already looking for a place to run. Not easy in a ship barely bigger than a minivan. Well, it wasn't like it was cramped or anything, and they didn't exactly need much room, all they were doing was flying in it anyways. But still, small ship.
"Why you little.." Making ready to throttle the midget, she sprung from her seat just as they hit a bit of turbulence, causing her to end up sprawled on the floor. Before she was ready to do a class A Homer Simpson on him, Gizmo yelped and started gesturing defensively.
"I have copters for you, not as good as jets but I cant afford the extra fuel."
Right, so the thief with enough black market contacts to make any smuggler jealous couldn't get a hold of a bit of jet fuel?
"Uh huh, so of all that money we stole, you have none left? What did you do, spend it all on porn?"
Mammoth guffawed, shaking at the controls. Gizmo look shocked, almost mortified. "Why in the moons panties would you think that? What do you take me for, some pit sniffin-"
"Teenaged boy? Yeah, I do. Now go copilot. I have devotions to attend to. It'll be at least six hours before we stop, right?" Mammoth grunted in agreement. "Right, ok, I'm gonna make a new pocket dimension. If you're going to ask, ask me later. And don't you DARE bother me." With that she shut the door to the passengers compartment and took a seat.
"Om, mani, padme, hmm" The chant vibrated though her body as she focused her energy on first shielding, then calling the quarters. Opening her chakras and pulling a piece of her mind apart from the rest. Molding it so it could hold physical objects, creating a link to the physical, it was very difficult and she was sweating. After many hours, Jinx was left with a shapeless blob of something silvery. Exhausted, she thanked the quarters, grounded and centered herself, and banished the circle. Too tired to even test her creation, she stuck the blob in her sock, feeling the buzz of magic against her skin. Laying her head down, she was asleep in an instant.
Awoken by a rough shoulder shake as they set down outside of steel city, Jinx groaned and rolled off the seat.
"Oof!"
Mammoth wasted no time in taking her spot, and Jinx heard him start snoring as she slid the door to the cockpit closed.
"So," She began sliding into the copilots seat "What do we have here?"
"Radio contact, radar mapping, heat sensor display, GPS system, fog generator" Gizmo was pointing to various monitors on her side of the control panel. "Emergency override, SOS, Cloaking device, infrared sensor, ultraviolet sensor..."
"Wait, ultraviolet Wont it just show a giant blue? We are in the air, you know" It seemed a waste of recourses to Jinx. Ultraviolet sunlight would render that useless, and how many devices gave off ultraviolet anyways? Or rather, anything that could be revealed by ultraviolet.
Gizmo started up the craft and got them into the air before explaining. "These days a lto of craft use infrared detection, cloaking yourself in ultraviolet removes you from those scans. Since radar isn't always accurate at close range, some people will trust infrared more. The ultraviolet sensor doesn't use ultraviolet, rather detects pure sources of it. Basically it's a sneak alarm Activate cloaking device"
Jinx's head was spinning, although it made sense when she was able to wrap her mind around it. Gizmo's tech talk always confused her. "Jinx! What the crud, cloaking device"
"Right, sorry" Snapping out of her daze she slipped her headset on and flipped on the cloaking device. "Hey, Gizzy, what does this do anyways?"
"Scrambles sound waves so that a radar program would see us as something like a flock of birds" Gizmo didn't even look up until he had full digested her question. "Did you just call me Gizzy? What the crud! I don't go around calling you Jinxy!"
She gagged. "And you won't be starting. 'Jinxy' sounds like the kind of name you would give a poodle, those stupid, fluffy-white, pain in the asses. Gods, I HATE poodles, in fact-"
" 'I hate dogs'" Gizmo finished for her "You give this speech once a week, I know already!"
About half an hour of silenced passed, Jinx glancing at a magazine now and then. "Picking up a slow moving craft several kilometers below us ET for crossing twelve minutes" She reported, scanning the screens "Speed consistent with commercial flights, above average size." Gizmo didn't seem phased, and continued at the controls. The weather wasn't ideal for flying, it looked like it might even storm. Jinx quickly scanned the list of scheduled flights for their friend. "He's not on our list, but the weather can account for that." Gizmo nodded then gulped.
"Might want to put the pen away Jinxy, gonna be a bumpy ride" Before she could scold him for using that disgusting addition to her name, she was thrown out of her seat as the winds picked up and the craft had to tilt at a forty five degree angle to keep in the air. There was a thump followed by a string of curses that must have been Mammoth, which broke the tension in the cockpit and both Gizmo and Jinx burst our laughing.
"Glad you two found it funny" Mammoth growled, peering in. "Coulda warned a guy, I was sleepin!"
"Well now we know how to get yer lard butt up in the morning, flip your stinking bed" Gizmo smirked.
"Attention HIVE students. Weather conditions dictate that those flying over safe zones must land immediately. Those for whom landing poses more risk than braving the elements are to continue until they reach an adequate landing zone. Do not attempt to finish the trip until the situation improves. This is a direct order." Even before the executive finished speaking, Jinx knew this to be a test.
"Justa few more miles till we can set down" Gizmo muttered "This is gonna set us back We'll lose a whole day at this rate Cruddy weather, cruddy rules" They were at the point where Jinx would take over. "Right, I'll take this piece of crud down, we'll star up in the morning"
Jinx grinned "No you're not. Move out of the way, its my turn" She literally picked Gizmo up and took his seat.
"Jinx, this isn't good, the rules say..."
"Rules were meant to be broken, Mammoth. I don't want to miss a minute" Jinx was piloting without a care in the world. "Look, if you don't like it you can go tie yourselves up an say you couldn't stop me" Beaten by a girl? Ouch, even if it was Jinx That's hut them up.
A few hours passed in silence before Jinx turned on the radio to catch the news. "In other news, the Brotherhood of Evil has once again foiled the Doom Patrols efforts to stop their plans of conquest. In recent confrontations it has been reported that Madame Rouge has mysteriously been absent..." Jinx burst into laughter.
"Ten to one says she was there all along disguised as some scared kid, and they never even noticed." Mammoth and Gizmo shuddered.
"She gives me the creeps, Jinx. Why do you think she's so cool?"
Jinx rolled her eyes. Did those two ever pay attention? Did they not notice the women always pulled the seriously smart moves? Rouge never stayed caught long enough for anyone to get anything out of her. The HVE only had one real video of her fighting to study, the rest were little more than surveillance tapes. Of course, Jinx realized, they wouldn't care, they had no ambition. Nothing to prove. Jinx made a vow then and there that once she graduated she wouldn't work with these idiots. Sure they were good friends, but they proved time and again that she was far above the average HIVE student.
'I'm going to surpass every villain ever known. They'll never even find the bodies, there wont be any blood to prove anything. I'll be just like my Da and his parents before him. Only unlike Da, I wont need a whole mob, and I won't get caught. I'll be above the law, because they won't have any proof. No body, no case' Smiling as she soundlessly transformed the craft to a ground vehicle, and turned on the hologram, she turned back to her two lackeys. "We're here. And Since we have a few hours to spare, I have a little outing for us"
________________________________________
I had to include Rouge sometime, and I am so glad I didn't finish this chapter before lightspeed, since Jr high in the hive is over after this trip. So, for those of you who asked, NO they wont meet any heros, this is a feild trip, not a mission. Jinx will be vissing a gambling den, and nearly end up on the bad side of a maniacal villian. Suggestions for who should run the place, and how they realize she's cheating the cheaters. I may need to explain about Jinx's father. He was also a member of the local Thuggee revival, who unfortunatly got caught and suicided in prison three months before Jinx was born. I fyou don't know about teh Thuggee, just leave a reveiw and I'll either explain in teh next chapter to send you a link to a long, detailed text involving interveiws with some of the last Thuggee of the original incanation.
Sign up to rate and review this story