Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Leave Lovers Dead in Ditches

You've Made us Conscious

by romanceisdead11 4 reviews

Do you want me?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Romance - Published: 2006-08-21 - Updated: 2006-08-21 - 1193 words

0Unrated
Leave Lovers Dead in Ditches
Romanceisdead11
Chapter Nine:
You've Made Us Conscious
"Take another glance and remember we're the ones setting you up to take our fall."

The next day we were in the studio, and I was about to go sing the song I was dreading to sing. I was glad that my mom and Pete were there to support me. I walked into the booth with Jared, and he had the decency to give me some words before we started.
"Natalie," he said tapping me on the shoulder
I turned to look at him, "Yes?"
"You can cry if you want. I think it'll actually make the song sound even better, and if you're not okay with singing it we can always start over," he explained.
I smiled, "That's okay. I need to get this out in the open."
He nodded, and I nodded to David. The music started up, and I heard Jared's voice go through the headphones.
(Jared) Let's just pretend
We're normal for a second
And we're no wishing for some
Five-year old fairy tale ending
(Me) Never holding up to your standards
Never made me sad
But now that I'm something
The tables have turned . . .
Chorus
(J) Dear Father
What have I ever done to
Make you not proud of me?
(M)Oh Father
This is a ballad of
My undying humility
(J&M) Take it with you
And hold it in your coffin
End of Chorus
(J) You used to say
I jumped blinded
Into numerous get
Rich quick deals
(M) But now look at me
I'm finally good at something
And the only person who cares
Is my loving mother
Chorus
(J) Dear Father
What have I ever done to
Make you not proud of me?
(M)Oh Father
This is a ballad of
My undying humility
(J&N) Take it with you
And hold it in your coffin
End of Chorus
(J&M) Just say something
So I know you're okay
With who I am
And will be today and everyday
Chorus
(J) Dear Father
What have I ever done to
Make you not proud of me?
(M)Oh Father
This is a ballad of
My undying humility
(J&N) Take it with you
And hold it in your coffin
(J) Dear Father
What have I ever done to
Make you not proud of me?
(M)Oh Father
This is a ballad of
My undying humility
(J&N) Take it with you
And hold it in your coffin
End of Chorus
(J&M) But now that I'm something
The tables have turned . . .
By the end of the song I was crying, and I walked out of the booth. "Natalie?" Pete questioned.
I turned, and smiled at him, "I think I'm gonna be okay Peter. I think I'll be just fine."
He smiled back, and engulfed me in his arms. After that my mother followed after, and then Eric being Eric did the same. Pretty soon all of Eurydice Fall and all of Fall Out Boy and all of 30 Seconds to Mars plus my mom shared a huge group hug.
We only had a half day at the studio again, and we had gotten at least three recording left to do. We had almost completed the album. About four days from now we would be shooting our video for our first single.
I went to hang out with Pete after taking a shower. I walked in to find the apartment deserted. I was guessing Patrick, Joe, and Andy went out for a bite to eat. I heard someone singing rather badly from Pete's room.
I walked in to find Pete dancing and singing to Buttons by the Pussy Cat Dolls. He was only in a towel that was tied around his waist. I saw the Clandestine tattoo in his abdomen as he turned around. When he caught sight of me he stopped embarrassed.
I saw his cheeks turn red as he started to turn down the volume. "Oh. Umm Natalie. I didn't see you there," he said stuttering a little.
I just kind of laughed, "Turn it back up Pete. I dance with you."
He laughed, and did so. We danced for hours, and we danced to just about anything. After a while he went to the bathroom, and changed into some clothes. He came out wearing some dark girl jeans, a shirt covered by a green hoodie, and socks. He collapsed on his bed.
"Hey Pete can I ask you something?" I asked.
He laughed, "Sure what is it?"
"Why do you wear hoodies all the time?" I looked in his eyes.
They seemed to smile at such a simple question. "Because they are comfortable for me to wear," he said.
I kind of chuckled at such a simple answer to such a simple question. "Alright here's another question for you. Why did you try to kiss me?"
I had caught him totally off guard, but so off guard that he couldn't ask a question back. "Why didn't you kiss me?"
"Oh. Touché," I said laughing, and sitting up. I started to look around the room.
He sat up as well, and then placed a hand on my cheek so he could look straight in my eyes. "No, I really want my question answered. Why didn't you kiss me back?"
His hand was soft against my cheek, and it made me weaken a little. He has me right where he wanted me. "I don't know. So, why did you kiss me?" I asked back.
"Because I felt like it," he said.
I looked down, "Well, Patrick told me different."
"What did he tell you?"
"Well, I already know it's true, so we don't have to talk about it."
"Why can't we talk about it?"
"Because I don't want to."
"But you brought it up."
"So, now I don't want to talk about it."
"Well, then can I tell you something?"
"No, you can't tell me what you want."
"Why?"
"Because I'm scared of what it is."
"Why are you scared of me-"
"Don't say it Peter."
"Of me loving you?"
"Because I'm not afraid of happy endings I'm just afraid my life won't turn out that way," I said scooting away from him on his bed.
"What if I can never make you doubt that again."
"That would be nice, but I'm sure I ready to take the risk."
"Is it what you want?"
"I don't know."
"Well, I know what I want."
"What do you want Peter?"
"I already have fame, money, and a wonderful career I wouldn't give up for the world. All I'm missing is someone to love me. I want you. Do you want me?"
I looked him in the eyes, and he held out his arms. I came to him, and he laid me down. As we lay he held me in his arms. "I really don't know Peter. I really don't know."

A/N: Well, school starts tomorrow. It'll be my first day of high school, so wish me luck. Anyway the song The Ballad of a Dying Child was written by me. Get ready for some excitement.
Sign up to rate and review this story