Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Leave Lovers Dead in Ditches

Switchblades and Infidelity

by romanceisdead11 0 reviews

fathers oh my

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Romance - Published: 2006-08-18 - Updated: 2006-08-18 - 1424 words

0Unrated
Leave Lovers Dead in Ditches
Romanceisdead11
Chapter Eight:
Switchblades and Infidelity
"Well, I'm looking out at you obscured by the stand up arcade."

Only a few minutes after talking to Peter I felt hands cover my eyes. "Guess who?" I heard from behind me.
"Okay. It's either 1.) Eric because he does this to me a lot 2.) Joe because he seems the type to do that or 3.) Jared Leto lead singer of 30 Seconds to Mars because that voice sounds deep, and manly just like Jared's," I said pointing out the options on my fingers.
"My voice is manly?" I heard the person behind me ask in excitement.
I pulled Jared's hands down from my face, "Not if you talk like that it's not."
I turned around, and saw him smiling. He then took me into a hug. "The name's Jared Leto but I guess you already knew that," he said after hugging me.
I laughed, "Hi. I'm Natalie Hunter, but my friends call me Nat. Well, except Peter because we use each other's full names. That's just how we roll."
Jared nodded to Peter then turned back to me, "Are you ready to get writing?"
"Today?" I asked in astonishment.
He nodded, "Yeah. We need to get it from you while it's fresh."
"Alright," I said a little confused.
He looked at Pete, "Do you mind if we write alone? I want to get her to reveal her deepest most secrets."
"Sure why not?" Pete said. "Are you sure you're gonna be okay Natalie?"
I nodded, "Yeah, I'll be fine. We'll be out in an hour. Don't let anybody come in here."
"Aye, aye captain," he said saluting me.
I gave a small chuckle as Pete walked out. "So, Jared. Let's get started," I said grabbing a pen and paper then sitting down.
He nodded, and took a seat beside me, "I want you to be able to trust me."
"Okay?" I said a little uneasy.
He then grabbed the pen and paper from me, "First we have to talk about what subject we want to write about. Is there anything or anybody who has hurt you in your life?"
"Yeah, loads of people."
"Okay, pick the one who hurt you the most. I want you to think hard about this."
I nodded, and started to think. Many people in many ways have hurt me, but I mean who hasn't. Just then I realized who has hurt me the most, and was still hurting me. "My father," I said.
A small smile came across his lips, "Good. Now we are getting somewhere."
An hour later we had come up with an emotional wrenching song, one that tested me mentally, and emotionally. We called in our band mates, and went over it with them. Then we started to write the music. This was going to be the most personal song on the album I was sure.
That night we were hanging out in the Fall Out Boy apartment. We called the apartments by the band that was staying in them. We were all eating, and just sitting around talking.
"Okay guys you need to write your thank you, and give them to me tomorrow, so we can start to design the CD cover, and stuff," Patrick said from his spot on the couch. We all nodded. "Also I need to know what you want the cover of your CD to look like."
"Well, I was thinking of having a heart with," I began but Eric cut me off.
"No," he said.
I looked at him confused, "What?"
"The band and I have been discussing this, and we want your tattoo to be the front cover. Seeing as your tattoo is you're like alter ego we thought it would be cool if all of our albums would be about the trials this girl faced," Brennan explained.
I looked at them, "Umm. Okay I really don't know what to say, but okay." I then looked over to Patrick, Joe, and Andy. They all looked surprised. "What?"
"You have a tat?" they asked. I nodded. "Can we see it?"
I stood up, and lifted my shirt so they could see it. "Joe, go get the camera, so we can take a picture of it, and give it to the graphic guy." Joe ran and got the camera then took the picture of my angel.
I looked over to Pete, and he smiled at me. I had to give him a fake smile because I didn't feel like smiling. I noticed my cup of tea was empty, and I got up to go to the kitchen.
I heard someone get up with me, and start walking with me towards the kitchen. As soon as I got to the kitchen I heard the person who followed me shut the privacy shutters, so we could have some privacy from the group.
I turned around after hearing them shut to see Pete standing behind me. I looked at him in confusion as to why he followed me. "What's wrong?" he asked.
I shook my head, "Nothing. Why would anything be wrong?'
"What did you, and Jared talk about? I know how he writes. I know he picks away until you bleed what really hurts the most."
"Peter, it's nothing," I lied. I could feel the tears start to well in my eyes.
He cocked his head, "If it's nothing then why are you crying?"
I wiped the tear the escaped with my hand. "I'm not crying."
"For some reason I don't believe you. Why don't you trust me?" he asked.
I shrugged, "I never really faced the facts of this problem until today."
"Come on. Come tell me. I love you even after you tell me," he said. I then looked at him strangely because the 'I love you' part caught me totally off guard. "I meant I love you as a friend. So, get your little punk ass over here before I have to go over there."
I smiled, "Okay. What's bothering me is Jared went into a part of me I've never made contact with before."
"And what was that?"
"I talked about my father."
"Well, what about him?"
I started to cry more heavily into his hoodie this time, "He never really accepted me, and I didn't know it until know, but his acceptance of me mattered to me."
Pete pulled me away until I was at arms length, and then he took my eyes in his, "Look Natalie, nobody has to accept you if you are happy with what you are doing. Are you happy with what you are doing?" I nodded. "Good. Then you shouldn't worry about what anybody else thinks."
"But he's my father," came my retort.
He nodded, "That may be true, but nobody has to make you feel like this if you don't want them to. Do you understand?" I nodded. "Good," he responded, and took me into a comforting embrace again.
I don't know how long we stayed like that, but it was until everybody left. "Hey, do you want to spend the night?" he asked.
I looked at him, "I think that's just what I need. Someone there to keep me okay through the night. I call the alien boxers!" I ran out of the kitchen, and I started to head for Pete's room.
"Oh no you don't. I want the aliens. Can't you take the skulls or something?" he asked running behind me into his room.
I was hiding behind the door when he came in, so he ran right pass me. I then tackled him onto the bed. "You have skulls?" I asked from on top of him.
He nodded, "Yes, and they have pink bows on them."
"That's really cute," I said. I then got off of him, and went over to his boxer drawer. I took out the boxer shorts, and went into the bathroom. When I came out I posed for him. "How do I look?"
"I think they look better on you then on me to tell you the truth," he said laughing.
I laughed, and walked over to the bed. I lay down next to him, and rested my head on his chest. He put his arm around my waist, and we feel asleep just like that.


A/N: Okay guys. Next chapter will hopefully be up soon. Hope you guys like this one. At the end of the whole story I'm going to do a disclaimer just for legal purposes you know. Stupid legality crap.
Sign up to rate and review this story