Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Everything She Does Is Magic

The Truth

by CatLikeThief 0 reviews

Hermione wakes up in a hospital, and alone. She searches for wanswers to what happened to her.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Hermione, Ron - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-08-23 - Updated: 2006-08-23 - 1275 words

-1Illiterate
Hermione woke up in the midst of whiteness. Her eyes couldn't focus right. She blinked twice. What happened? Hermione asked herself. She was looking around for some sign of where she was. There was a monitor beside her. There was a big window with white blinds. In front of the window were two wooden chairs with scarlet cushions. She looked in front of her and saw a television. That gave it away; she was in the muggle world. She tried to think of why she was there, or how she even got there but nothing came to mind.
She lay there for several minutes, she didn't know how many. She heard the door of her room open. She looked over to see who it was. A very short woman with blonde hair came into the room. She had blue scrubs on, and a lab coat over them. She looked over towards Hermione.
"Oh, good Ms. Hermione," the nurse said, "you're up already" Hermione looked at her, thinking of what to say. The woman took a folder that was behind the door and looked down at it. "How are you feeling?"
"Fine," Hermione said not thinking of the shooting pains that registered all over her body.
"Very brave you are Miss," The nurse said, "Your wounds were pretty extensive" The woman started to change her IV.
"Excuse me," Hermione said, "but how did I get here?"
"I heard you were in an accident, but I don't know miss. I wasn't here when you came in. Do you want me to get the doctor?"
"Yes, please," Hermione said, and closed her eyes again. For some reason, she was still very tired.
The nurse checked some things on Hermione's monitors. She wrote a few notes in her folder and left. A few minutes later someone else came in. Hermione opened her eyes to see who it was. He was tall, middle-aged and looked very tired.
"Good morning miss," the doctor said.
"Good morning," Hermione said.
"I'm Doctor Phillips. Nurse Stewart said that you needed me..."
"Yes, I want to know how I got here, and what happened to me,"
"Your parents brought you here after a car accident, you were much wounded. You were unconscious. We fixed the injuries and then applied some anesthesia so that you wouldn't wake from the pain,"
Hermione remained in silence trying to think of how she had gotten in that car accident. However, nothing came to mind. Hermione didn't even drive. She had her license and she knew how to drive, but apparating just seemed like a better idea most of the time. The doctor waited for her to say something. But she just lay there thinking.
"Miss," the doctor said stopping Hermione's thoughts, "would you like me to call your parents? Tell them you're OK now?"
Hermione nodded, "Could you tell them to come as soon as possible?"
"Yes, no problem. If you need anything else, just press that button beside the bed. A nurse will come as soon as possible,"
"Thank you," Hermione said a closed her eyes to try and sleep a little.

**
"I still don't understand why you had to send her there! Wasn't she better off at St. Mungos?" Ron was saying.
"Ron, dear, she needs to be with her parents," Mrs. Weasley replied.
"But mum -"
"No, Ron," Mrs. Weasley interrupted, "You'll just have to wait"
"But -"
"I said 'No'"
"Fine," Ron said and stormed of the kitchen.
Ron went to his room and threw himself on the bed facing the ceiling. Ginny came to his room a few minutes later and tried to comfort him. Their relationship as brother and sister had improved a lot. They had gone though a lot of things that some people wouldn't dare think of.
"Ron, it's best for her to be there,"
"I don't care! I want her to be here, with her friends"
"She will be, when she gets better,"
"She would be better already if she had gone to St. Mungos. We got better in two days. For all we know, she could be there for weeks!"
"Just be patient, OK?"
"I will, but I won't enjoy it."
Ginny laughed. She ruffled his hair a left the room. Ron stayed there thinking. He couldn't even send her a letter because she was at some hospital and the muggles would notice. Why am I so concerned about her? He thought. Because, I miss her. Come on, you know that she's not interested. Just let it go. She already rejected you once didn't she?

('Hermione we need to talk about it', he had said following her into the kitchen of Grimmauld Place.
'No, Ron! I already know what you're going to say. And I don't want to talk about that' she replied.
'You know?' He asked trying very hard to sound normal.
'Yes, I know, so please don't ask me. I don't want to have to do something that will hurt you' she said.
It had hurt more than anything could have hurt him. First it felt like a dagger piercing though his heart slowly, draining him of feeling. Then he felt numb. She had left the kitchen as soon as she uttered the last sentence. He was left sitting there in silence, not knowing what to do.)

It was so clear in his mind. You don't want to feel like that again do you? He asked himself. Ron couldn't believe how much he wanted her. There was nothing in the world he wanted more. But, she didn't want him back.

**

"Hermione, dear," Mrs. Granger said, "How are you feeling darling?"
"Not too bad," Hermione lied.
"Baby you were so injured, we were so worried," Mrs. Granger said.
"I'm fine, mom," Hermione said.
"Hi, sweetie," Mr. Granger said kissing her forehead. "How are you?"
"Ok," Hermione said.
"Did the doctor say how much longer you had to stay here?" Mrs. Granger asked.
"No. Mom, Dad, I have a question," Hermione said. They both nodded. "Was I really in a car accident?"
"No, dear," Mr. Granger said. "Your friend... um, what is that boys name?" He asked turning to his wife.
"Harry?" Hermione asked.
"No, no, no, no," Mrs. Granger said, "the other boy. The red headed one"
"Ron?" Hermione asked eagerly. Neither of her parents seemed to know the name. "Ron Weasley?"
"Yes," Mrs. Granger said, "Mr. Weasley. He and his parents brought you to our house a couple of days ago. You were very injured, and they said to take you to a hospital"
"But what happened?"
"We don't know dear. They didn't say," Mr. Granger replied.
"Have they written?" Hermione asked.
"No, dear," Mrs. Granger said.
"Oh," Hermione said turning to look out the window.

**

"Ron!" Ginny said as she was shaking his arm.
"What?" Ron asked sleepily.
"Dinner's ready," Ginny said getting up and walking out the room.
"OK," Ron said lazily getting up and sitting on the bed. "I'll be down in a bit"
"Mum and dad are waiting for you," Ginny said.
"Ok, ok," Ron said standing up. Ginny went downstairs, but Ron didn't follow her. Instead, he sat at his desk, got some parchment out and a quill and ink.

Dear Hermione,

"No, no, no," Ron said to himself, "what are you thinking?" he threw the small piece of parchment away and started a new one.
He did so a few times again, until he finished a small letter for Hermione. When he was done he tied it to Pig's leg. He gave him a small treat and told him it was for Hermione. He then went downstairs to have dinner with his family.
Sign up to rate and review this story