Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter & The Final Battle

Newfound Love

by Buff_dogg2 0 reviews

They rose into the air, still embraced in the passionate kiss. Then all of a sudden they were both ripped apart and thrown to opposite walls of the room where they both fell with a thud. Harry vani...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Bill Weasley, Harry, Hermione, Molly Weasley, Ron - Published: 2006-08-23 - Updated: 2006-08-24 - 2392 words

0TrainWreck
Disclaimer: Still don't own anything, still poor, still writing. It all belongs to the Rt. Excellent Lady J.K. Rowling

Newfound Love

At the end of the street held on to the portkey supported by Ron, Bill Charlie and Remus. They were all whisked away into the night.

The arrived in front of the church at St. Ottery Cachepole and started to walk the rest of the way to the Burrow.

"Great day eh?" Ron asked Harry.

"Yeah, it's just that I think I miss them y'know. My only blood relatives and all." he replied solemnly.

"What? After all they've done to you? You're mental!"

Harry shook his head and tried to change the subject. He knew Ron would never understand.

"Where's Hermione?"

"She's at my house preparing Ginny for your arrival, steeling her nerves and all that sod."

"Oh." was his only reply.

He knew it was hard on her but she seemed to be getting on fine. Now he knew it was all an act. A fresh pain began to dig at him.

"Here we are." sounded Charlie.

"Where is it?" asked a confused Harry.

"Oh Yeah, the fedilius charm y'know." explained Bill as he handed Harry a piece of parchment. "Got it?"

"Yeah." replied Harry holding the parchment out to Bill.

"Incendio." said Bill as the parchment was engulfed in flames and burned to ashes.

"Can never be too careful y'know."

Harry simply nodded, closed his eyes and concentrated on the location he had just read. As he opened his eyes the house of the Weasleys appeared before him tall and leaning.

"Had to take a few precaution with everything that's been going on." said Bill.

"Err... yeah" replied Harry.

"Hey, Harry, I just want to say that I support your decision to break it off when you did. It'll all blow over soon. And when it's all over, when you snuff out you-know-who I mean you'll have my full support." whisper Ron before they entered the kitchen door of the Weasley home.

"Yeah, if that's what it takes." replied Harry wryly.

"No, it's not like that, it's just that... ah lemme just stuff it."

"With pleasure"

Ron scowled at Harry as he opened the doors breaking a few wards as he muttered the incantations.

"This place is locked up tight."

"Yeah, Bill warded up the lot after he recovered from, err... that night."

Harry knew Ron and everyone else for that matter would be trying to avoid mention of that night, the night Dumbledore was murdered. But he didn't like want them going all soft on him in the least. True no one took it harder than him, except Hagrid and maybe Aberforth but he wasn't a baby, they didn't have to watch their mouths around him.

"Hmm." was Harry's only response.

"Ready mate?" asked Ron, his hand on the door handle.

"As ready as I'll ever be" replied Harry.

Ron quietly opened the door and peaked inside.

"Looks like everyone turned in early." he said.

"Well, let's just be very quiet and go up to our room.

"Hey Ron, if you don't mind. I think I'dlike to have my own room. Fred and George's room perhaps"

"You're mental, no one goes in there, it's probably booby trapped or something."

"It'll be fine."

"Well, good luck mate."

"Yeah, goodnight Ron."

At the top of the stairs they both went in separate directions. Ron to his room and Harry the twins'.

Harry entered the twins' room cautiously expecting an explosion or something of the sort. Alas, he found nothing. He chuckled to himself, perhaps this was the trick, nothing.

He warded the door with his wand since he knew that with all the wards on the house the ministry would never find him out. Then he place the chest on the floor enlargening it and stepped inside.

On the center table he found the letters he had put in his chest earlier that day. He took up the letters and passed his hand over the Potter seal, proceeding to his room.

In his room, laying on his bed, he started to open the letters.

Dear Harry,
Everyone his worried, you hardly ever write back and you've been so distant with everyone. What's wrong? I hope you aren't blaming yourself for everything that's going on, what with Dumbledore and all. Whatever it is the three of us will get through it, just like always. And I know I say this in all my letters, but then again you don't read them all do you? Although there's no school, I really think you should be studying before we go off. We'll need to learn as many spells as possible in case we run into any trouble. Anyway, I'll be going over to the Burrow tomorrow, see you soon.

Love Hermione

Harry reread the letter, Hermione's letters weren't usually so short. This disturbed him a little, maybe something was bugging her, something big. He decided to have a chat with her tomorrow. He began to read the second letter.

Dear Harry,
Hey mate, haven't heard from you in while, owl post going out of style? Mom wants to know how you're doing. And so does Ginny, she's taking the break up pretty hard and whenever a conversation turns to you she makes an excuse and leaves for her room. Everyone's worried about her. But she'll get over it. Anyway we'll be over on your birthday, and the whole order is worried cause you-know-who hasn't made any moves in a while. So be ready, It'll be Bill and I, dunno who else. Probably some order member.

Your Friend Ron

Short and to the point, just like Ron. He thought of his friends, his family, what would become of them. And he'd have to tell them of his chest. And he'd have to train with them, after all, this was their war too.

Tomorrow he'd talk to them all, including Ginny, they all needed to prepare for what was to come.

~_~

The next morning Harry awoke. It was 5:30 in the morning. So he got started on his occlumency training. He had gotten loads better, his mind was fully organized and it was less stressful to keep up his mental barriers. Only problem was that he needed a legimens to test him to see how well he could hold up.

Since there wasn't much more he could do on his occlumeny skill he decided to get started on legimency. So he got up and went over to the study and get a book on legimency. He quickly found the book and thanked merlin that it was so organized, it took them forever to find a book on polyjuice potion in their second year.

He returned to his room and read through the considerably thick book in nearly two hours, Hermione would be proud.

He checked his watch and saw that it was just after seven. The others would be up about now. He went took a shower and went for Amity. She was just there at her usual spot at the fire place.

"Morning Ames. Want to meet my friends?"

"Are they nice?"

"Yeah, very. I'm sure you'll like them."

"Ok Harry Potter, I trust you."

He too her and let her went down to the Weasley kitchen. There he found Mrs. Weasley preparing breakfast.

"Good Morning Mrs. Weasley." he said as he entered the kitchen.

"Ooh, Harry! How nice to see you." she said being her inspection. "Looks like you've been well fed, Merlin I swear you and Ron have got growing jinxes placed on you. And your hair, when's the last time you had a haircut?"

"I'm growing it out, going for a change."

"Soon you'll be going for earrings I suppose."

"Maybe" he laughed. It was good to see Mrs. Weasley again.

"Anyway, just let me get you something to eat, the others will be down soon."

"Ok Mrs. Weasley."

Ron and Hermione came downstairs together hand in hand and quickly separated when they saw Harry looking at them.

"Morning Harry, how are you?" asked Hermione as she flung herself into his arms.

"I'm ok, just missed you guys."

Harry then pried himself from her arms and took a step back to look at her.

"You look good" he said winking at Ron as his face turned red.

"You don't look too bad yourself." she replied giggling. "I especially like your hair, reminds me of Bill's."

"Just going for a change. I was getting boring." he smirked.

They all sat as Mrs. Weasley shared breakfast and they began to eat. Harry realized that she didn't even bother to send for Ginny, he didn't want any awkwardness at the house so he asked.

"Where's Ginny?" No one showed any any reaction.

"Shes in her room, said she'll be coming down soon." answered Hermione.

"Ok." he replied shoving a strip of bacon up his shirt sleeve.

"Er... Harry, what are you doing?" asked Hermione.

"Oh, I almost forgot." He said taking Amity from his shirt sleeve. "This is Amity."

"Cool, where'd you get her? Asked Ron?

"I was jogging one morning and she called out to me. Remember when I told you about the snake I freed at the zoo. Well, this is her." he explained.

"Wow, so she came looking for you and found you."

"I don't think so, we just met up by chance."

Now Ginny showed up the foot of the stairs. And proceeded to sit at the table next to Hermione.

"Good Morning, how was your summer so far Harry?" she asked nonchalantly.

"It was ok." he replied surprised at how she seemed, Ron made it sound like she was a wreck but she was acting pretty much the way he wanted to.

Two owls came through the window with a news paper each. One for Harry and the other most likely for Hermione.

Harry took both papers and paid for them. Then he saw the front page:

Decree For The Reasonable Restriction of Underage Wizardry
Abolished
Hogwarts Reopened
Yesterday Evening Department of International Magical Cooperation (the International Magical Office of Law, and the International Confederation of Wizards, British Seats) made to decision to abolish the Decree For the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Wizardry which was made in 1875 to protect the existence of a wizarding community from the muggles. The reason given for the abolishment was for the young wizards to protect themselves and the their families, especially the muggle-born.
And as for Hogwarts opening this September 1st. It has been stated that the safest place in the wizarding world is Hogwarts and there the students can protect each other if need be.

Hermione, the front page. Hermione abandoned her breakfast and scanned the front page of the other paper. Harry looked up and saw the longing in Hermione's eyes, he could see she wanted to return and frankly so did he.

"Hogwarts is reopening, and you can use magic now Ginny." Hermione said aloud.

"What!? You sure?" sputtered Ron.

"Yeah, it's front page news." answer Harry.

"McGonagoll will be busy sending all those Hogwarts and prefect letters out. Not to mention the booklists.

"Don't worry, all that can be done with magic. I guess we'll have to get you lot to Diagon Alley for your school supplies." said Mrs. Weasley.

The the three teens looked at Harry.

"Yeah, I guess we will." he replied.

Ginny looked indifferent, Hermione looked elated yet concerned and Ron just frowned. Harry supposed that Ron thought he forgot about the Horcruxes, or would just leave flat out without them. Not that the idea hadn't crossed his mind.

The next day, Harry would be of age, an adult in the eyes of the wizarding world. And hopefully he and Ron both would acquire their apparating licenses. And he was seriously considering going back to school, but he might raise suspicion if they are out of classes for days at a time looking for horcruxes.

But their was sure to be a Horcrux at Hogwarts, they could search for it while they're there. Harry was at a loss of what else they could do. But he was sure of one thing, they had to train. He sent for some stuff when he got up stairs, and some portkey watches. He finished his breakfast and rose from the table and went upstairs sparing Ginny a glance.

He also realized that Ginny wasn't ok, that was just a facade she was putting on for him. He knew her, she wasn't angry and she still had feelings for him. He wanted her but he couldn't risk her safety. He was sure he'd soon go crazy.

It was time he made up his mind on what he was going to do.

He stood at her door, taking deep steady breaths. He stood before the door and knocked prepared for a bat bogey-hex.

"Who is it?" called Ginny.

"It's me Harry."

"I'm kinda tired Harry, can I talk to you in the morning."

"I'd prefer I talk to you now."

"Goodnight Harry."

Harry signed, he may not be able to do this in the morning.

"Alohomora." the door clicked and he opened it cautiously.

"What the ..., I said was was going to sleep, get out this minute Harry Potter!"

"Ginny I need to talk to you." he said walking toward her bed and sitting next to her.

"Harry, I don't think you should be in here, all I need do is call for Ron and..."

"I need you Gin." He said cutting her off by placing a finger upon her lips, then replacing it with his lips.

It was a slow tentative kiss, she flung her arms around him and drank in the very essence of Harry. They were lost in each other.

Then unbeknown to them, they were surrounded by a white aura, its light increasing by the second. They were both in bliss.

They rose into the air, still embraced in the passionate kiss. Then all of a sudden they were both ripped apart and thrown to opposite walls of the room where they both fell with a thud. Harry vanished and Ginny laid there in a heap and blood trickling down her forehead.

Author's notes: Cliffie!! Hahaha, wow I think the story is going well, but I reaaly don't know what to do next, bear with me people.
Sign up to rate and review this story