Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Harry Potter & The Final Battle

A Telepathic Bond?

by Buff_dogg2 0 reviews

Harry and Ginny get an idea of what's happening.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Bill Weasley, Fred, George, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Molly Weasley, Ron, Other - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-10-25 - Updated: 2006-10-25 - 2367 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: Blah Blah Blah

A Telepathic Bond?
The next morning Ginny awoke to a blurry vision of red headed figures above her.

"Madame Pomfrey, she's awake!" she heard someone call.

"Harry, where's Harry?" she asked.

She got no reply, it was as if no one had heard her. Her head was hurting, the last thing she remembered, or dreamed, was that she was in his arms and everything in the world was right again. Then this piercing pain in her head. And now her family surrounded her.

"Ok, ok, give us some room here." said Madame Pomfrey.

"Mmmm, well, it's like I said. She just has a minor concussion and needs a few days bed rest. Any word about Potter?"

"No one's found him and we still don't have any idea about how this happened to Ginny." said Ron.

"This is all very peculiar, I've checked the wards and one has left the premises between the times you last saw them and found Ginny." said Bill.

'Harry, he's missing? No, it couldn't be, was it Death Eaters? Had they penetrated the wards? Had he gone out on his own.?' Ginny thought wildly.

"What happened?" she summoned enough strength to ask the room at large.

"Oh Ginny dear, you hit you head, what's the last thing you remember?" asked Molly Weasley.

"I went to my room after dinner and... I can't remember." said replied lamely.

"You can't remember?" Molly frowned. "Arthur, Harry's birthday present, do it now."

"Yes dear." he replied heading downstairs.

He entered the kitchen and went to the Weasley clock and looked at it, everyone's arrow except the twins' Percy's and Charlie's was pointed at 'Home'. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper and unfolded it to reveal a few strands of raven colored hair. He put them to the clock and muttered an enchantment, then between His and Ginny's Face appeared Harry's.

Harry's hand drifted between mortal peril and home with the majority of the family. Mr. Weasley looked again, Harry was still there, he hadn't left. He went back up the stairs to inform the others.

"Well?" asked Mrs. Weasley as he entered the room.

"It says he's still here. Boys, check this house again, in every corner, cupboard, every nook and cranny, just find him."

Ron, Bill, Charlie and recently arrived Fred and George all filed out through the door.

"Uhh, my head." said Harry groaning as he rose from the settee and placed a hand on his bandaged head. 'What the..., where am I?' he wondered. He got up and took a look around the room, it was an infirmary. As he looked around the room he saw the many cabinets which were filled of all sorts of potions and bandages.

As he exited the room he was surprised to see what he saw, It was the hall of his trunk. "How did I get here?" he asked himself. He thought back to the last thing he remember.

"The last, thing I can remember is..., is..., I was kissing Ginny! Yes, I was kissing her and then, then... then I woke up." he finished glumly. It was just a dream, he tore the bandages from his head, it had had already healed; and went up to the Weasley house.

As soon as he got into the twin's room he heard voices calling him, but he had the sudden urge to go to Ginny's room. Against his will he broke out into a panic and broke for a run to Ginny's room.

"Harry, Harry, he's in pain, Mommy!" cried Ginny all of a sudden.

"It's ok dear, he's still in the house, we'll..."

"Ginny" cried Harry as he appeared at the door.

"Harry" cried Ginny, rising as Harry savagely embraced her. Remembering that Mrs. Weasley was still there he released Ginny resolving to just holding her hand.

"Harry, where were you?!" inquired Mrs. Weasley "Everyone's been looking all over for you!"

"I was in my room sleeping... under the bed, he smiled."

"Why in Merlin's beard would you decide to sleep there?"

"I was looking at something of Fred and George's and fell asleep I guess."

"Oh well, I'd better go inform the others."

As Mrs. Weasley left the room Harry returned his attention to Ginny.

'Why would you lie about something like that.' Ginny thought.

"I'll tell you about it later." replied Harry.

"Do you remember what happened last night?"

"The last thing I remember is us kissing."

"Me too" she said. 'I wonder if this means we're back together' she thought. "What happened to my head?"

"Yes it does, it's like I said, I need you Gin and as for your head, probably the same thing that happened to mine, I have a bump too." replied Harry.

"Wait a minute Harry, what are you talking about, yes about what."

'I guess she hit her head a lot harder than I did.' thought Harry.

"No I didn't. Wait a minute, how did you say that without saying it."

"Say what Gin, I think you need some rest."

"No Harry, you just said something without moving your lips."

'She's going crazy."

"There, you did it again, you just said I was going crazy."

Harry opened his eyes in realization. "I didn't say it Gin, but I thought it."

"What do you mean you thought it, that's impossible, I'm not a legimens."

"I dunno, let's try it, no more talking, ok."

"Ok."

'Ginny, can you hear me?'

'Yeah, I can.'

'Raise your left hand'

Ginny rose her left hand to touch Harry's face. 'Wow, this is so weird.' she laughed in her mind.

'Yeah, but why did it happen?'

'I dunno, I've never heard of anything like this before, should we tell the others?'

"No." said Harry verbally. 'I mean no, if we do they'll think it has something to do with Voldemort or something.'

'How could it be, there's only you and me.'

'It always helps to be careful.'

'Harry, did you mean what you said, about needing me that is?'

'Yes Gin, and I, I love you.'

"Oh Harry." said Ginny pulling his face towards hers for a kiss.

The glow started again, but Harry broke the kiss to look into Ginny's eyes and took her into an embrace. "Oh Gin, I've missed you so much"

"I see you two are agreeable again." said Mrs. Weasley as she walked into the room followed by the rest of the family including Hermione and Madam Pomfrey.

Harry jumped away from Ginny's side and brushed of his clothes. "Er, yeah, just worked out our differences." said harry nervously. As he looked around the room he saw most of the Weasley males glare at him while Mrs. Weasley smiled hesitantly and Mr. Weasley and Hermione grinned ear to ear.

Madam Pomfrey broke the awkwardness of silence. "C'mon Potter, I have to check you."

"It's nothing Madam Pomfrey. It's just I think I hit my head." replied Harry.

"Well lets see, sit at the side of the bed please." Madam Pomfrey probed her wand around Harry's head. "It seems you have a mild concussion, it's healing nicely though, how did you treat it?"

'Crud.' he though. Ginny looked at him. 'Double explaining?'

'You bet mister.' replied Ginny.

"I didn't."

"Are you sure Potter?" she asked intuitively.

"Yes Madam Pomfrey" he replied trying to look as innocent as possible.

She eyes him for a moment longer. "Ok Potter, nothing serious, you are free to go. Just allow me to check over Ms. Weasley before I go."

Harry got up from the bed and stood next to Hermione while Madam Pomfrey probed her wand over Ginny's head. She was taking a while, she was over with Harry in just a few seconds.

"Is there something wrong Madam Promfrey?" asked Mrs. Weasley.

"No, not at all. It's just that..." she paused going over Ginny again. "She's fine now, the swelling has gone down, no reason why she can't carry on her normal activities."

"But you said she had a concussion." stated Hermione.

"A minor concussion Ms. Granger, nonetheless it's still a miraculous recovery, and the similarity in their injuries... I didn't say anything about Potter, he never ceases to amaze me, but the both him and Ms. Weasley here had similar injuries and both healed in record time. Potter are you sure you don't have something to tell me?"

"No Madam Pomfrey."

"Hmmm, anyway I must be off, I'll be checking in this time tomorrow though." said Madam Promfrey as she exited the room, followed by Mr. Weasley.

"Well, I'm sure we're all hungry after this ordeal, time for breakfast." said Mrs. Weasley leading her sons out of the room. Ron, Hermione, Harry and Ginny stayed behind.

After the other had left and the door had been closed Hermione started. "Harry, is there something you need to tell us?"

"Err, yeah, I'm kinda hungry. Lets go have something for breakfast." Harry started for the door, but Ron blocked his path.

"Where were you all of yesterday, we spent the whole day looking for you and why were you hugging my little sister when we walked in?" asked Ron throw a death glare at Harry.

"Yes, lets all just pretend Ginny isn't here." said Ginny, Ron ignored her.

"We're talking again and that's what friends do, let me show you." Harry went towards Hermione arms outstretched.

"Bloodly, I'm serious Harry. Don't you go fuc..."

"Ron!" screeched Hermione. "Out, now, before you say something you regret.!"

"But Hermione, something going on, we can't have you know who after my sis...!"

"OUT, NOW!" Hermione shouted pointing at the door. With another glare at Harry, Ron stormed out of the room slamming and breaking the door in the process.

Harry, cringed. "Looks like Ron has been working out."

Hermione took out Her wand and pointed at the door. "Reparo, now Harry, Ginny, I only ask this once because I trust you and I'd like to believe that after everything we've been through you wouldn't lie to me. Is there something going on that I don't know about.?"

'She's gone and used that number on us, you think we should say something or wait till we can find out more on our own?' asked Harry.

'I dunno, I mean she can probably tell us what's going on offhand.'

'Maybe so but this is our thing, I want to spend time with you, we can research this together.'

'Ok Harry, so what will we tell her, that we're back together?'

"No." said Harry aloud. 'Oops.'

"Are you sure Harry?"

"Hermione, I we're just as in the dark as you are, we don't how we healed so fast. Your guess is just as good as ours, or even better knowing you."

Hermione studied them for a while then smiled at them. "Ok, I trust you guys, lets get to breakfast." she said leading the way.

'I think we need to practice our err, mind speak.' said Harry.

'Yeah, we can't go around only speaking parts of sentences to each other, it may rise suspicion.'

'Especially with Hermione, if there really is such a thing I think she's too smart.'

'You're one to talk, if it weren't for her you probably wouldn't be around right now, remember your first year?"
"Yeah, and you'd be a goner without he in my second year, that parchment in her hand practically saved your life, actually, it did."

"Way to go Harry, bringing up morbid memories."

"Huh?" asked Hermione from in front of them.

"Nothing, I was just thinking aloud." replied Ginny. Hermione studied them again and they knew she'd be spending a lot of time in the library.

'We're in trouble now.' said Harry.

'Sorry.' replied Ginny.

Down at the table for dinner the atmosphere was tense, at of the Weasley brothers had their eyes on Harry and Ginny and none looked more fierce than Bill and Ron.

'Gin, incase I don't make it through the day, I want you to know that I love you.'

'Oh come off it they're just being over protective.'

'Oh really, then why is Bill staring at me with wand in hand. I'm telling you, he means to hex me to oblivion.'

'Oh Harry, he won't, besides my bat-bogey hex is stuff of legend. Just pass me the salt.'

Harry took up the salt and passed it to her. 'Ok Gin, you think we can get away for a few hours? There's something I want to show you.'

'Hello, are you blind, you have five pairs of eyes that will be following us for the rest of the day. And what do you want to show me?'

'It's a surprise.'

'Ooh, I like surprises.'

'Not that kind of surprise.' said Harry blushing. Sudden their silent conversation was interrupted.

"Harry Potter."

'Harry, who's that calling your name?'

'You can understand that?'

'Yes who is it?'

'It's Ames.'

'You mean your snake.'

'Yeah, do you think what ever happened to us made you a parselmouth?'

'Maybe I wonder if I can talk to it?'

"Ames, can you understand me?" said Ginny.

'Sounds like english to me Gin. Maybe you only understand her because I understand.'

'Maybe, we really have to get this... thing figured out.'

'Not now, maybe later.'

'Ok, in my room or yours?'

Harry looked at Bill twirling his fingers around his wand. 'How about, neither, would the drawing room work? I don't want to be at odds with your brothers'

'Sure.'

After breakfast Ginny went to take a shower while Harry decided to take a walk on the grounds. When suddenly He heard someone practically growl. "Expelliarmus!"

A/N: Well, sorry about the long wait, my computer broke down and I had a whole lot of other problems, been preoccupied y'see. Anyway, a friend of mine accused me of stealing ideas, which i did not and told me of the fanfic which I allegedly stole ideas from, it's a good fic but the person hasn't updated in a long time. It's a good read and I think you guys should have a look
(Harry Potter and the Power of Time ID:1657629 Author: RosWrock) Have fun readers, stay safe.
Sign up to rate and review this story