Categories > Original > Romance > Happily Ever After

Chapter 1

by thoughtbubble101 0 reviews

Elizabeth is an OC who lives by herself with her little kitten Mittens. One day she comes upon the little hamster, Amaimon, and befriends him through one of her little, yellow, mittens. Four months...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2016-04-09 - Updated: 2016-04-09 - 1340 words - Complete

0Unrated
A.N. This chapter is basically explaining how Elizabeth (Character) and Amaimon met.
I don't own blue exorcist!
Enjoy please! :-)


White puffy snowflakes danced around in the wind as I sat on my freezing porch, snuggling my cat, Mittens. I had suddenly got the strongest urge to take a walk up to my most favorite place in the entire universe.

It was a long forgotten park just up the road from my house. It was a little in the woods, so it wasn't exactly noticeable, but then again it wasn't exactly a safe place for your kids to be running around in, either. There were a lot of broken parts there. The only thing that managed to survive time was the metal swing set that I loved so much.

I placed Mittens down next to me and stood to go inside. Mittens mewed at me softly again as I walked to the door. I giggled and gave her a quick pat on the head. I walked inside.

Mittens followed. I stepped into my room and yanked a light green jacket off of a hook from my closet. A pair of my yellow mittens fell out, so I bent down and scooped them back up, shoving them back into my pocket. I placed the jacket on over my extra-long sleeved purple sweater. I fixed my brown tights and brushed down my brown pleated skirt. I slipped on a pair of black snow boots and looked at myself in the wall mirror. Not stylish but comfy, I thought as I braided my long dirty blonde hair to the side.

I checked my phone before stuffing it into my pocket. 4:45 p.m. I quickly left the house, making sure to turn my heater on high for Mittens and locked my door.

I walked up the road and stopped to stare at the beautiful white snow. I smiled faintly.

Ah, the snow was so fluffy, so soft and so... Green?

I rubbed my eyes and quickly came up with the idea that it was just a green bottle someone had probably thrown out the window as they drove by.

I leaned forward, stretching out my hand to grab it, but I instantly fell back when I saw it wiggle around. My eyes widened as the bottle that I thought I saw turned out to be a small green hamster with an even smaller spike on its head. As its head rose, I saw it blink its small eyes at me. There was a moment of awkward silence before it spoke.

"Damn, it's so cold! Brother was right, it's terrible down here."

I screamed so loud I was sure I'd cracked the small puddle of ice not too far from me.
"Human! You're so loud and annoying. Shut up before I bury you six feet under... I can do that you know... With just the snap of my finger...", the small hamster remarked, holding up one of its paws.

I suddenly remembered a saying a counselor once told me.

"Solitude can make anyone go crazy." Yep, that's it. I must be going crazy, I thought.

"Wh-what are you", I somehow managed to stutter out.

"Why I'm glad you asked. My name is Amaimon and I am a demon, King of the Earth, one of the sons of Satan", the small hamster said as he brandished his tiny paws in the air.

I just sat there, dumbfounded. I watched as he squinted his eyes at my jacket.

"Nice jacket... Say, would you mind giving me one of those mittens? I'm very cold and you don't seem to be using them", he asked, pointing delicately to my yellow mittens sticking out of my jacket.

Without much thought (or consciousness for that matter) I reached into my pocket and handed the green hamster my left yellow mitten.

"Much obliged human. Now, what is your name", he asked as he fitted himself into my mitten.

I was still in too much shock to speak. I just sat there, staring at the hamster.

"Human, your name? I'd like to hear it any day now", he said, eyes squinted.

"My, uh, my name is E-Elizabeth", I finally blurted out.

"Good, I thought you had forgotten it, you took so long to answer. Well then, I guess I must be leaving now. Brother will get mad at me if I'm gone too long", he said as he started walking towards the woods.

"Wait, will I see you again", I asked, still trying to prove to myself that he was real and I wasn't just crazy.

"Most likely not. This place is cold and people here are quite rude", he says emphasizing the word rude by nudging his tiny chin in my direction.

"However, you did give me this mitten... Do you enjoy my company", he asked.

"Actually I'm quite baffled by it. You’re so... Strange. Unique. Different", I whispered the last three words, hoping he wouldn't get offended.

"Really? You're the first person to ever say I was unique or different. Do you mean those words as an insult", he asked, his spike slightly sticking up.

"No, no, no, no, no", I said frantically waving my hands.

"Oh... I don't know how to take that, then... Well, I guess I could visit here again.
Alright, how about tomorrow, same time that we did today", he suggested.

My smile grew as I stared down at him. I felt giddy for some reason. I couldn't quite place the feeling.

I had later concluded that the reason I had felt so strange was because I was happy that someone was actually going to visit me and it wasn't out of pity and nor were they forced.

"And you said your name was, A-amay-".

"Amaimon. Spelled A-M-A-I-M-O-N. Well, Elizabeth, I'll see you tomorrow. Stay warm", he said as he began walking further away from me.

He suddenly turned, flourishing my left yellow mitten like a cape.

"You know, you're pretty strange yourself."

And then he turned and burrowed into the ground, throwing snow everywhere. I watched silently as my yellow mitten disappeared into the ground. I sat there for a moment, relaying the last ten minutes in my head.

When I realized how numb my entire body was, I stood, dusting off the snow, and turned around. I didn't bother going to the swings. It seemed like a waste of a cold trip just to catch pneumonia.

Instead, I just silently walked home, deep in thought. My life had been ripped into a mess a few years back after I had learned of the death of my parents. I hadn't been by their side when it had happened, which just made everything worse for me. With no clear answer as to who I would live with, I was stuck. It didn't help that I was an outcast by more than just my fellow classmates. My entire family felt the same way and acted even worse.

They dumped me into a slightly run down home, promising to pay the bills along with my tuition. They strongly believed that what they were doing was for my own good but they only did anything for me just to make themselves feel better. Oh well, it's not like I care about them all that much to begin with. I was just happy that they actually kept their promise to pay my bills and keep me in school. I was never late for a payment, I made good grades, and I went to bed every night with a full stomach.

As I reached the door to my home I looked up at the pale blue sky and smiled. I wasn't religious by far but the thought of my parents watching over me comforted me. I smiled and stuck the key into the lock, twisting it as I turned the handle. A gust of warm air from my heater and a soft mew from Mittens welcomed me home.

A.N. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! Review please! :P
Sign up to rate and review this story