Categories > Original > Romance > Happily Ever After

Chapter 2

by thoughtbubble101 0 reviews

Elizabeth is an OC who lives by herself with her little kitten Mittens. One day she comes upon the little hamster, Amaimon, and befriends him through one of her little, yellow, mittens. Four months...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2016-04-09 - 841 words - Complete

0Unrated
A.N.
I'm still mad at myself for accidentally deleting how I wrote it the first time... It was bound to happen seeing as I am a newbie... Anyhoo, hope you enjoy. P.s. This is four months after they met in the flashback. Just in case anybody is confused.


I tried and failed to hold back the tears as they slid down my face. I looked away from the computer screen and sighed, choking down a cry of jealousy.

Prom night and I'm spending it here alone. Why am I surprised? Why am I even getting upset about this, I thought as I pulled my blanket tighter around me.

Most teens looked forward to this, spending the night dressed up with their date or even with just their friends. Both of those were something I didn't have at my school.

It wasn't an actual rule but it was an unspoken rule, expected to be followed. It was a rule that I had no other choice but to follow. It was a rule that stated "You cannot go to the prom alone".

I didn't want to go to the prom alone. It wasn't my choice to be alone. I had tried to make friends but failed miserably. Though, there was one person in this entire world that I could talk to without a care in the world.

He was the sweetest man I have ever met but he didn't go to my school. He couldn't protect me from the hurt that I felt inside. He couldn't help with the pain of feeling left out which was why I never bothered to tell him about tonight. I never bothered to mention these things to anyone because who could really help me? Who could understand the level of pain I was feeling at this very moment?

The tears started to fall quicker and more frequently, now. My breathing stuttered and my face began to turn a deep red. I buried my face deep into my pillow letting out a muffled wail that lasted a good five seconds.

I felt a tug at my pillow. I looked up, letting a river of trapped tears escape my eyes. He stood there, staring at me, confused.

"Oh, you don't look so good. What's wrong", he asked sweetly.

He leaned closer to me and tilted his head. I felt my heart beat faster as I looked into his eyes.

"Nothing", I cried.

"There must be something wrong. You're crying and sitting in the dark all by yourself. I thought that flyer in your bag said tonight was supposed to be the biggest night of your life. You don't seem to be very excited", he said as he pulled a sucker from his pocket.

He slipped the cover off and offered it to me. I shook my head and sighed.

"Amaimon could you please just go. I don't like it when people watch me like this", I said as I tried hiding my face behind my blanket.

"Hm... I don't wanna leave. Besides, your crying and brother told me a long time ago that I shouldn't leave someone I care about when they are at their lowest. Apparently this dress on your computer screen and the piece of paper I read are making you very upset. Im just gonna turn off your computer, okay", he said as he pressed the power button.

The room became even darker. I could no longer see the face of the man that cared for me the most in this world. The thought scared me enough that I lunged forward into him causing him to fall back on my bed.

It was silent for a moment, before Amaimon pulled himself into a sitting position, setting me on his lap.

"I'm sorry", I whispered miserably.

"Huh, what are you apologizing for? It didn't hurt. It was just surprising. I liked it though", he said, pulling me closer.

I buried my face into his chest. I felt him kiss the top of my head. I looked up cautiously and found him staring down at me. He hugged me tightly, staring deep into my eyes.

I smiled at the memory of meeting the best man in the entire world. He cared for me so much more than anyone could.

"What are you smiling about", Amaimon asked, pushing a piece of hair from my face.

"You", I breathed.

He stared deep into my eyes for a moment longer before leaning in to kiss me.

I suddenly realized then that I didn't need prom. That wasn't the memory I wanted to cherish. I wanted to cherish the fresh cut grass smell he always had on him. I wanted to cherish the way he looked at me as we laid there together. I wanted to cherish the feel of his breathe on my neck as he cradled me. I wanted to cherish the sound of his heartbeat. And I did that night. I got to live one of the best memories I'll ever live with the man I loved.
Sign up to rate and review this story