Categories > Original > Humor > Deep Space

Mad House

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Aki, Mark, and Natsu sit in a room with nothing to do.

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2016-05-21 - 579 words - Complete

0Unrated
Mad House

There’s nothing to do today. Aki sat at her computer staring at a blank screen. Natsu lay back on the couch throwing up a small doll. Mark lay on the floor, staring at the ceiling.

“So what are we doing today?” Natsu asked.

“I don’t know,” Aki said. The younger girl frowned.

“Well that sucks,” she complained.

“Yeah,” Mark said. How exactly did this happen? The trio hadn’t planned to do much today in the beginning. Most of everyone on campus had gone home for the weekend. Sick Boy went out on a day for the whole day. Nobody knew where Spud went. Ichiro himself went out on a date as well. Mark turned to Aki.

“Don’t you have an article due tomorrow?” he asked.

“Yeah,” she said. “But nothing’s coming.”

“Ah.”

“What about you?”

Mark lifted his head. “Huh?”

“Don’t you have any assignments due tomorrow?”

“No.”

“No?”

He thought about his last answer. “I don’t think so.”

“You don’t think so?”

Mark groaned and rubbed his forehead as he sat up. “You’re confusing me now!”

His fake girlfriend turned around with a puzzled look on her face. “How am I confusing you? It’s a simple question. Do you or do you not have any assignments due tomorrow?”

“I don’t think I do,” Mark answered. Aki frowned as she narrowed her eyes.

“I think you better go and check,” she said. He flopped back onto the floor and buried his face in his hands.

“I don’t want to!” Mark complained.

“And may I ask why not?”

“I’m too lazy for that!” His voice sounded muzzled through his hands. Natsu groaned and rolled her eyes.

“Oh my god!” she shouted. “Can you have a more boring conversation?” The adults looked at the teenage girl. Natsu frowned and puffed up her cheeks.

“Why can’t we do something fun?” she asked.

“I have homework,” Aki replied.

“Plus we’re too broke,” Mark said. “Most of the money went to pay for the bills and fees.”

“Are you serious?” Natsu asked.

“Yep,” her sister said.

“Can’t we at least watch some TV?” the younger girl asked.

“It’s Sunday,” Mark said.

“So?”

“There’s usually nothing on the telly on a Sunday afternoon.”

Natsu snorted. “Don’t be ridiculous!”

“Turn on the TV and see.”

“Fine.” The girl picked up the remote and turned on the TV. After flipping through the channels for about five minutes, she turned off the TV, frowning.

“Told you,” Mark said. Natsu sat back, pouting.

“Can I use your radio, nee-san?” she asked Aki.

“No, it’s still broken,” her sister said.

“When will you get it fixed?”

“Dunno.”

Natsu pressed her head in her hands. “What am I going to do with you both?”

“Nothing,” Mark said.

“Obviously,” the young girl muttered. Her phone buzzed right after she said.

“You going to get that?” Aki asked.

“I am,” the girl said. Natsu pulled out her flip and ran her finger across the screen. The message was enough to make her get up and bolt out of the room. Mark and Aki looked up when they heard the door close.

“What’s with her?” Mark asked.

“No idea,” Aki said back.

--------

Natsu held the phone to her chest as she panted. She went pale as she shook her head. No… No! Her cell phone hit the floor.

Next Day
Sign up to rate and review this story