Categories > Original > Humor > Deep Space

Reunion

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Six months later, Aki returns to the academy and runs into two surprises.

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2016-07-07 - 587 words - Complete

0Unrated
Reunion

-Six Months Later-

Aki walked up to her apartment and unlocked the door. When she stepped inside, she found Tommy sleeping on the couch. A confused look came over her face.

“Huh?” she asked. Tommy lifted his head, yawning. He rubbed his eyes and blinked.

“Huh?” he asked. They stared at each other, trying to understand what was going on. Aki looked up when she heard footsteps. Mark walked into the living room holding a glass of beer in his hand. He and Aki stared at each other for a second before squealing and yelling. She rushed forward and hugged him.

“How have you been?” Mark asked.

“I missed you!” she said back. Tommy tilted his head.

“Who is this again?” he asked. The “couple” turned their focus to the blonde man sitting up on the couch.

“This is Aki, my girlfriend, remember?” Mark lied. Tommy sat blinking as he tilted his head.

“Is that right?” he asked.

“Yes,” Aki said, nodding. Just by looking at the expression on his face, the train was slow to reach the station in Tommy’s head. The Japanese woman turned to her “boyfriend” with a strange look on her face.

“Is he high?” she asked.

“A little bit,” Mark said. “Hey, where’s the rest of your family?”

“Back in Osaka where they belong. Thank goodness!”

“And Haru?”

His “girlfriend” frowned. “Still working here, unfortunately.” Tommy’s face finally lit up.

“Oh yes, hey Aki!” he said. The Japanese woman waved.

“Hey, Tommy,” she said. Suddenly, another thought crossed her mind. “Hang on, I will be right back.” Aki walked out of the apartment, leaving Mark and Tommy to look at each other so confused.

----------

Aki walked down the hall and knocked on a familiar door. She waited before turning her head to the sound of it opening. Her jaw dropped as her eyes widened.

“Spud?” she asked. The skinny pale man’s looked like it could outshine the sun. She tried not to look at his crooked teeth as he grinned so hard. Even he looked all cleaned up and his clothes were fresh.

“Hello, Aki!” he said. The Japanese woman blinked at first.

“Uh… hi,” she said. “Did something happen?”

“What do you mean?” Spud asked.

“You look all glowey. Did you discover a new drug?”

“Yes! It’s called love!”

Aki tilted her head, blinking. “Huh?”

“I’m in love!”

“Okay… With her?”

“Maria!”

“Who’s Maria?”

Spud grabbed her by the hands. “I met her in a bar last month. Oh! It’s been so good. She’s pretty and she smells good! We are together all the time! And the sex is so hot!”

Aki nodded her head, awkwardly. “Uh-huh… I see.”

Spud pulled her into a wild hug. “I love her so much! Love, love, love, love, love, love!” The Japanese woman tried to push him off.

“Okay, please let go of me, Spud,” she said. “Stop it. You’re crushing me. Stop.” Spud was too busy singing in her ear to listen. Still, it was weird to see him this happy. Aki could only smile. As long as he’s happy with this Maria-woman, I’m cool with it, she thought. It felt good to be back, but she couldn’t help but feeling that there would be one more hurdle of chaos before she graduated.

Still, Aki decided to enjoy the peace around for now. Really, what’s the worst that could happen in her final year at Tokyo-Zion Academy?
Sign up to rate and review this story