Categories > Movies > Underworld > Reincarnate

Why Couldn't I Be A Mutant?

by Mada 2 reviews

Rated PG13 for language. This is a story about if Lucian had been looking for a female Corvin instead of Michael.

Category: Underworld - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Kraven, Lucian, Marcus, Michael, Selene, Sonja, Viktor - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2005-06-18 - Updated: 2005-06-19 - 856 words

-1MarySue
Marie's back was against the wall. Her whole body was pressed against it's cold surface, but she didn't take notice of it. If only she could somehow morph through the wall. Images of X-Men Evolution and Shadowcat going through walls came to mind.

"Damn!" she thought. "Why couldn't I be a mutant? I'd be so good at it!"

Marcus was getting closer to her and had this weird look in his eyes that did not give Marie a good feeling.

"Um, listen," she said, trying to force a smile. "We can work this out. I just, uh, need to think about it. Yeah, I need to think."

Marcus now stood in front of her and he reached up and touched Marie's cheek. She had to force herself not to cringe.

"You can think all you want," Marcus said. "Here. You will not be leaving."

"But I don't want to stay here," Marie said; now swatting Marcus' hand away. "I want to go back to my cousin, Michael."

Marcus chuckled, "My dear Sonja, I cannot allow you to go back to those lycans. Soon, I will kill Lucian, the traitor Selene, and the one you call Michael."

Marie's eyes darkened, "You're going to do what?"

Inside her head, Marie heard something, "Let go, let the beast take over."

"What? What beast?" Marie asked, aloud. "Aw crap, I'm starting to have conversations with myself."

Marcus stood watching her, "Nothing else matters now, Sonja. Soon, all the lycans will be dead and all hybrids, with the exception of you and I."

Marie stared at him, "I don't want any lycans dead. And you can't kill Michael! I won't let you!"

"If you do not cooperate," Marcus said, his gaze becoming cold. "I will make sure to slaughter them all before your eyes."

That hit a nerve.

"Oh really?" Marie said, her anger reaching it's peak. "Well, let's just see you try!"

Something inside snapped and her bestial side took over. Marcus backed away toward his throne as Marie began to transform. He fell against the hard, stone throne, his eyes narrowing.

"Guards!" he yelled, today was not his day to fight.

As Marie's skin turned a blue-gray hue, four deathdealers stormed in. She turned around to face them. Somewhere, the human side of Marie took notice of their weapons.

She immediately slashed at the closest deathdealer, sending him sprawling on the floor with deep cuts to his face and neck. The next was sent backwards holding his shattered nose.

Marie, in her bestial state, found herself surrounded by a pool of blood. The sound of guns being fired reached her ears and she panicked. She backhanded another deathdealer and stood facing the last one. With as much force as possible she hit his chest. The deathdealer gave a gurgled yell and fell dead.

Marie ran from the room and past any vampire she came across. Before she realized it, she was back in the streets of Budapest. Without looking back she ran for the lair.

************************

"Lucian, why did they take her?" Michael asked, walking next to the lycan elder.

"Marucs, most likely, wants her for himself," Lucian said. He looked around for any sign of vampires.

They were speeding through the streets, heading for Ordoghaz. Selene, Logan, Raze, Pierce, and Tyalor were behind them.

Lucian stopped, abruptly, putting his arm in front of Michael. The group watched him, knowing he'd caught the scent of something.

"Marie," Lucian whispered, more to himself. "Her scent is coming closer."

They all looked around trying to see her down one of the long streets or around a building corner.

"There!" Raze said, and ran toward the oncoming figure.

It was Marie running toward them, blindly.

"She's blue!" Michael said, amazed.

Lucian nodded, "She has finally transformed."

Marie came closer and would have run right past them if Raze hadn't caught her. He locked his arms around her waist and had to grit his teeth. Marie started to struggle in his grip.

"Marie! Marie!" Michael said, going over to her. "It's alright, we're you friends! Remember?"

She struggled for a moment or two, but then suddenly started to change back to normal. Raze held her up, cradling her. Since her entrance to the lycan horde, he'd become quite loyal to her. Marie's head was resting against his chest and she was silently crying.

Selene stood next to Michael watching Marie. She noticed something in her hand.

"What is that?" she asked, quietly.

Marie looked down at her hand and a look of horror came across her face. It was the heart of the last deathdealer she had killed.

Lucian gently took her hand and extracted the still warm heart. Tossing it behind him, he took part of his shirt and wiped the blood off Marie's hand. When he finished, Marie clutched Raze's collar and sobbed into his shirt.

"She's been shot," Selene told them, motioning to Marie's shoulder.

"We need to get her back to the lair, now," Michael said.

"It...was so...awful...," Marie sobbed, still clutching Raze's collar. "The blood...and...their faces..."

"Let's go," Michael told Raze, who in turn, nodded.
Sign up to rate and review this story