Categories > Original > Drama > You're My Only Retreat

15

by Musicsetmefree 0 reviews

Chapter 15

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2016-07-24 - 378 words

0Unrated
Vic's POV

I noticed Kellin's slight change in mood, but I decided to leave it alone for once. He seems to think that I didn't notice, but I care about him too much not to notice.

We had just finished the pizza we ordered and about out fifth movie.

"I'm bored." I tell Kellin.

"Yeah, me too."

"Want to play a game?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know, um, I have some cards."

"Cards? Okay, what game?"

"Want to play bullshit?" I asked.

"Sure, but I'm warning you I'm pretty good."

"Yeah, well you've never played with me, and I think I'm pretty good." That was already a lie, I suck at bullshit, but it's the only game I could think of right now.

Kellin chuckled a bit. "Well, if you think you can handle it, sure."

~•~

I stared at Kellin trying to see if he was lying or not. Finally, I decided I should call it, he only has a few cards left anyways. "Bullshit," I said as I reached over to flip the card over. "Fuck you," I said realizing that he didn't lie.

He simply chuckled, "take the cards."

I took them unwillingly only to see how much of a liar Kellin really is. There was a king in the 2 spot, a 9 in the 6 spot, and a jack in the 8 spot. "You are such a liar."

He shrugged, "well, you never called it."

I playfully shook my head and proceeded to put down a jack.

Kellin then put down his last card, and I was ready to call it. No one ever has the right cards in the end.

"Bullshit," I said confidently.

He flipped the card over himself and unfortunately for me he put down a queen.

"Are you fucking kidding me! How did you do that?" Seriously though, no one ever has the right card, but he somehow managed to put the right one down.

"I can't tell you that." A smile was playing on his face.

"Okay, fine. What do you want to do now?"

"I don't know, want to play again?"

"Yup, and I'm winning this time."

"Sure you are." He said laced with sarcasm.

I just rolled my eyes, but I was happy to see that he was acting normally again.
Sign up to rate and review this story